Rumor: Islanders need an exposure eligible defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Offer the Canes a 3rd for Jake Gardner and the situation is solved.
Retain 75% and we have a deal. Gardiner however would be a great fit in Boston/Montreal to haunt Leafs fans in the 1st round for the next 2 years.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I was listening to a few podcasts, I forget if it was on Friedman's 31 thoughts or the Ray and Dregs Podcast, but one of them (Friedman/Dreger/Ferarro) said they think Lou was working on a deal with Seattle to pick the recently signed Ken Appleby.

A 26 year old goalie who never played in the NHL instead of a real NHL player ? Seattle better be getting a massive haul especially if the Isles have to leave Mayfield exposed.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
A 26 year old goalie who never played in the NHL instead of a real NHL player ? Seattle better be getting a massive haul especially if the Isles have to leave Mayfield exposed.

I would imagine it'd be exactly like when Winnipeg paid Vegas to select Thorburn's UFA rights

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Safe to assume the islanders and kraken have agreed to a protection trade at this point.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Safe to assume the islanders and kraken have agreed to a protection trade at this point.
That would be my guess too. But not sure what the Islanders can be doing to sweeten the deal. The best they have this year in the term of draft picks is the Oilers 2nd round pick.

I would rather take Mayfield than the pick + whoever else we pick from the Islanders.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Rosters are frozen… what’s the deal? They have to expose one of their protected Dmen now, no? Why didn’t they just take back the most negligible D who fit exposure requirements in the Ladd deal?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Rosters are frozen… what’s the deal? They have to expose one of their protected Dmen now, no? Why didn’t they just take back the most negligible D who fit exposure requirements in the Ladd deal?

Yotes only have one of those themselves with Lyubushkin .

Can't trade him or Yotes would have to expose Chychrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad