GDT: Islanders@Leafs 7 PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
So if anybody reading this is going to the game tonight, it's your job to start the "Come Home Tavares" chant. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Bullseye

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Isles GDT they are expecting a whoopin' tonight.

Trap game!

wouldn't call it a trap game. Leafs will generate 50-60 shots on Halak no matter what. The Isles defense would be a pretty solid AHL defense but if you play "count the turnovers" you'll get to 20 before the first whistle or first three goals.

The Leafs speed/offense is as good as any team and the Isles are a very slow team on defense and in their 3rd/4th lines. The match-up is awful for the Islanders.

Top line isn't scoring, Tavares is in a slump and Bailey/Lee are invisible when Tavares isn't scoring - but maybe he breaks out against the Leafs and it's kept to a 7-3 loss instead of a landslide.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
no way you could know that. I just follow the Danish players in their respective clubs. Always had a soft spot for Toronto, so nice to see Andersen having a bit of success there.
nah i should have figured no other team's fans go here

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
That unit would be much better if you replaced Bozak with Matthews.

If you're going to load up a power play Matthews and Nylander should replace Kadri and Bozak. Babcock likes having two power play units though. I wouldn't mind seeing them mix it up a little though.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Looking forward to the main board gdt and see if TWS makes an appearance or not depending on how well a certain player does or not hahaha

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
So if anybody reading this is going to the game tonight, it's your job to start the "Come Home Tavares" chant. Thanks in advance.

The more creative thing to do would be to play "when johnny comes marching home" on the organ just before for every face-off he takes.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
well yeah obviously someone is for sure sick. I know lou has tricks up his sleeve but it would be beyond sleazy to tell a professional hockey player to pretend that they are sick and just go with it so we can showcase martin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad