GDT: Islanders@Leafs 7:30 PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
The Kadri line now has one dynamic speedster that can generate speed through the neutral zone -Marner

And the 4th line- Kapanen

Makes an incredible amount of difference

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yup he just has such high hockey IQ and the the ability to keep his head on a swivel at all times even when puck handling at speed. The signs of a great two way defender
People have been blasting me on the trade forum for not wanting to deal Dermott+ for an older guy. Kid looks legit.

Marner

Hi I'm Mitch
Jan 30, 2010
Ottawa
jVEAg6

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Unless a serious setback happens I see no reason to doubt him at this point. He’s also been very good this season and likely not been talked about enough, especially given he’s doing this well as a 18 year old but it’s a testament to how well the Marlies as a whole have done and how well the management group has protected them

It helps too that he's not our only prospect. I really believe that was (a small) part of the problem in years past. Every prospect was expected to be the savior of the franchise, an awfully big load to put on an 18-year-old's shoulders. Now they can develop away from the spotlight as the Big 3 attract most of the attention. Same thing with UFAs... if you were a star player in yesteryear, why would you come to Toronto and be expected to carry the entire team on your back? Even McDavid can't do that, as we see in Edmonton. Now that there's a support cast in place, plus a legit superstar in Matthews, it wouldn't surprise me if guys like Tavares or Doughty really do give serious thought about signing here (apparently Stamkos did before ultimately deciding to stay in Tampa).

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Unless a serious setback happens I see no reason to doubt him at this point. He’s also been very good this season and likely not been talked about enough, especially given he’s doing this well as a 18 year old but it’s a testament to how well the Marlies as a whole have done and how well the management group has protected them
Agreed, the Marlies in my opinion were the absolute PERFECT scenario for Liljegren this year. anyone who thought him going back to Sweden was a better scenario for him this year could not be more wrong.

By the time he makes it, probably mid-late next year, he could really have the type of Impact that Dermott has

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
greiss has had over 100 shots on him the last 2 games, poor guy has faced more rubber than the trans canada highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad