Islanders General Rumour, Trade, FA, & Waiver Speculation 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
If that 4th line plays like it did the last time they were together, I predict many here will begin to tolerate Matt Martin and Clutterbuck again..... maybe even view them as important pieces of the team.
love Matt Martin's game all the way back to his Sarnia days. Personally I think he will have a big chip on his shoulder this year...

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I know it's not isles news, but it could be. Brodeur is leaving the blues, and seeing lou is in charge I can see him coming over to work as lous assistant (prob 50-50 shot at min) Should that happen brodeur will be your gm in 3-5 years when lou retires.

I dont see him going anywhere besides the isles or the devs.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Yes and as fans that’s what we are looking forward to no one would wish for failure.What is being pointed out is that style takes a toll on the body . And we’ve seen a drop off in the performance of these players.We all want that line to return to their former glory.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I know it's not isles news, but it could be. Brodeur is leaving the blues, and seeing lou is in charge I can see him coming over to work as lous assistant (prob 50-50 shot at min) Should that happen brodeur will be your gm in 3-5 years when lou retires.

I dont see him going anywhere besides the isles or the devs.
I really don't want this. One of the reasons the NHL has such terrible executives is that teams constantly give the jobs to former players. Being a good player and a good executive are two entirely different things. The greatest executive in all of sports is probably Theo Epstein and I think he last played baseball in high school.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Yes and as fans that’s what we are looking forward to no one would wish for failure.What is being pointed out is that style takes a toll on the body . And we’ve seen a drop off in the performance of these players.We all want that line to return to their former glory.

It looks like the front office is already pretty set with Lou, AGM Chris Lamoriello, AGM Pellegrini and Assistant to the GM Gwydir.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
I really don't want this. One of the reasons the NHL has such terrible executives is that teams constantly give the jobs to former players. Being a good player and a good executive are two entirely different things. The greatest executive in all of sports is probably Theo Epstein and I think he last played baseball in high school.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Clutterbuck is nowhere near the agitator he was when he joined the isles.
Kind of ironic that since Tavares left, the declining Ladd and Clutterbuck have been the most vocal nyi ,saying how the isles are a better team then pundits are giving them credit for, that the isles ate a good team.

Imo both Ladd and Clutterbuck are on the downside of their careers and the isles would like to dump both overpaid forwards. Both would pass thru waivers at this point.

Clean slate for everyone coming in. We shall see what these guys look like under a real coaching staff and front office.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't. I want nothing to do with a third jersey.

I just want some new apparel that isn't so sports generic. The Islanders have some of the worst merchandise in the league in my opinion. It's really unfortunate.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I just want some new apparel that isn't so sports generic. The Islanders have some of the worst merchandise in the league in my opinion. It's really unfortunate.
I still think the coolest thing the team could've done was design a jersey based on the Nassau County flag like the Chicago Fire did with the city of Chicago flag. Something unique with significance.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Over my lifetime as an Islander fan, I don't know what's worse:

1. Every single player we've drafted in the top 5, the options are always suck or leave, no exceptions.

2. Every single jersey we put out apart from our current home/away "updated take on the 80s" gear. There has never been an alternate jersey I've wanted as a gift, nevermind spending money to purchase. How is a professional franchise so absolutely inept at designing a cool-looking third jersey that gets the fans hyped when they wear it? Like Chicago or San Jose when they switch from red/teal to the black thirds.

I see the gorgeous new St. Louis thirds... and then I see our next rumored thirds that are just awful and orange. At this rate I'm happy we never get a Winter Classic and only one Stadium Series - which to be fair, is probably the best of the bunch but that stupid nameplate on the back kills it.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Over my lifetime as an Islander fan, I don't know what's worse:

1. Every single player we've drafted in the top 5, the options are always suck or leave, no exceptions.

2. Every single jersey we put out apart from our current home/away "updated take on the 80s" gear. There has never been an alternate jersey I've wanted as a gift, nevermind spending money to purchase. How is a professional franchise so absolutely inept at designing a cool-looking third jersey that gets the fans hyped when they wear it? Like Chicago or San Jose when they switch from red/teal to the black thirds.

I see the gorgeous new St. Louis thirds... and then I see our next rumored thirds that are just awful and orange. At this rate I'm happy we never get a Winter Classic and only one Stadium Series - which to be fair, is probably the best of the bunch but that stupid nameplate on the back kills it.

I'm hoping the new owners and arena provide some more opportunities to expand the look of the brand. I know I'm one of the few, but I did enjoy a lot of what the team did with the Brooklyn stuff (they still never made the hat I wanted though!). The organization really shifted their look in a lot of different ways from being amateur/intern-esque in their approach, to a more professional take. The quality of the work improved, even though it was branded with something most dislike. They need to continue putting an emphasis on that to help generate awareness in the public about the franchise.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
There has never been an alternate jersey I've wanted as a gift, nevermind spending money to purchase. How is a professional franchise so absolutely inept at designing a cool-looking third jersey that gets the fans hyped when they wear it? Like Chicago or San Jose when they switch from red/teal to the black thirds.

I didn't hate that Stadium Series jersey, and I don't hate the Brooklyn black jersey either, honestly. The rest are hugely underwhelming to downright repulsive. I'd much rather see a third using the Stadium Series look but with an alternate logo on the crest - and I agree, regular lettering on the back, please.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I didn't hate that Stadium Series jersey, and I don't hate the Brooklyn black jersey either, honestly. The rest are hugely underwhelming to downright repulsive. I'd much rather see a third using the Stadium Series look but with an alternate logo on the crest - and I agree, regular lettering on the back, please.

Stadium Series made more sense then the Brooklyn Nets jerseys. Those were nothing more then a marketing ploy, the color way and aesthetic couldn't be further from what the NY Islanders brand is. It was a way to create ties to Barclays, to Brookyln - see, the Hawks and Sharks went black but kept enough of their true color way in the design to make it ring bells. The only good thing about that jersey is the AL patch, thats it.

All orange is ugly as sin too - this team really knows how to go to extremes with Halloween Jerseys. The combo of a different blue/grey/silver with the orange and white accents is a good look for a 3rd.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

I didn't hate either of those (especially the Stadium Series - kinda dug that one), I just wish it stayed the same for more than a minute. My kids each have one of those jerseys and now there will be another 3rd jersey which they will inevitably want. I guess that's the point of them marketing those jerseys, but its f***ing annoying.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
I'm an Islander fan from day one, I also have played the game for a great many years albeit never at a high level. I love this game if you play you know how I feel, I'm sure you have the same feelings. The other thing I love is the culture of Hockey and the mindset of the player nothing but serious injury prevents a player from taking the ice this is what makes hockey players a cut above, I digress lets get back on topic. The jerseys some are just unbelievable but ours absolutely suck, and always have. I can remove my feelings for the team from the jersey and be honest about our colors there's just no way to make this work. The problem began by choosing the same color scheme as the NY Mets and where was the creativity with the design? I will always be a staunch NYI Fan but I will never own a Islander jersey its just so dam ugly! When looking around the league you see the great sweaters of the original six and then you see expansion teams with great colors and design I mean this is NY where was the creativity in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter its the product on the ice that counts but it would be nice to have a kick ass sweater/jersey.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'm an Islander fan from day one, I also have played the game for a great many years albeit never at a high level. I love this game if you play you know how I feel, I'm sure you have the same feelings. The other thing I love is the culture of Hockey and the mindset of the player nothing but serious injury prevents a player from taking the ice this is what makes hockey players a cut above, I digress lets get back on topic. The jerseys some are just unbelievable but ours absolutely suck, and always have. I can remove my feelings for the team from the jersey and be honest about our colors there's just no way to make this work. The problem began by choosing the same color scheme as the NY Mets and where was the creativity with the design? I will always be a staunch NYI Fan but I will never own a Islander jersey its just so dam ugly! When looking around the league you see the great sweaters of the original six and then you see expansion teams with great colors and design I mean this is NY where was the creativity in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter its the product on the ice that counts but it would be nice to have a kick ass sweater/jersey.
I made a similar post bemoaning our color scheme (and caught some flack for it!), and then qualified my comments by saying that the current colors can work but the orange just needs to be minimized as a trim color. And I prefer a darker blue to a really bright royal. But that's me.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Isles friends and posters alike. Something that will lighten the mood here. I just posted on the Main board in a Nylander for Pulock and Dobson proposal. I almost spilled my coffee at this one.

Isles players being wanted is never a bad thing, a sign fans from other teams value The Isles prospects. But that one was funny.

There is no way the Isles are trading their 2 cornerstone young D men for just Nylander and some throw ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad