Prospect Info: Isaiah George, Left Defence, 98th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Genuinely not sure, other than team’s having their lists and sticking to them. Maybe his IQ? His rookie season at London wasn’t all that impressive statisically but his skills were evident.
George is 6.0' 195lbs and scored about 1 point every 3 games in the OHL - basically defensive defenseman numbers. So teams probably opted for more offensive guys, or if they went for a defensive guy they wanted someone bigger. If he ends up at 6.0' 210lbs, we'll say "thank you very much".

Reactions: Seph and seafoam

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Genuinely not sure, other than team’s having their lists and sticking to them. Maybe his IQ? His rookie season at London wasn’t all that impressive statisically but his skills were evident.

Lost in the shuffle a bit on a deep London blueline.

Other older Dmen were getting prime offensive zone minutes.

That should change this season. Look for George to be one of the OHL's breakout players.

Reactions: danteipp

rkatec68

Mar 16, 2022
Nothing huge but he popped up in the top-25 of this "advantages created" metric

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I’ll preface my comments by saying I don’t know 💩 about Isaiah George other than what I’ve seen from a few video clips and prospect articles.

With that being said, holy crap I’ve never seen so much optimism for a fourth round pick. We all know the stats for a pick in this range becoming an established NHL regular. I hope I’m missing something.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’ll preface my comments by saying I don’t know 💩 about Isaiah George other than what I’ve seen from a few video clips and prospect articles.

With that being said, holy crap I’ve never seen so much optimism for a fourth round pick. We all know the stats for a pick in this range becoming an established NHL regular. I hope I’m missing something.
On draft day I was hoping we would target him with our 2nd round pick.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

Think of him as a physical Leddy with a ton of room to grow. He was buried behind a ton of veterans in a veteran heavy London team, and is poised for an offensive breakout.

I get it, as someone who doesn't keep tabs on prospects, it's a bit odd to see all the hype for a 4th rounder. But, I really think this kid has all the potential in the world to be special. Beautiful skater, is a pain to play against, physical, with offensive potential.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Think of him as a physical Leddy with a ton of room to grow. He was buried behind a ton of veterans in a veteran heavy London team, and is poised for an offensive breakout.

I get it, as someone who doesn't keep tabs on prospects, it's a bit odd to see all the hype for a 4th rounder. But, I really think this kid has all the potential in the world to be special. Beautiful skater, is a pain to play against, physical, with offensive potential.
What little I know of junior hockey is that The London Knight's turn out solid NHL prospects, the Hunter brothers have an eye for talent and a solid program. One of the reasons I wanted McMichael in the 2019 draft.

Reactions: Skip To My Lou

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
What little I know of junior hockey is that The London Knight's turn out solid NHL prospects, the Hunter brothers have an eye for talent and a solid program. One of the reasons I wanted McMichael in the 2019 draft.

And it's good to know that.

Hate him as we do, Dale Hunter and the management of that OHL club basically have it being about the singlemost "productive" CHL outfit when it comes to establishing future pros.

I've been saying it since my initial analysis of our draft - expect George to have a huge breakout season for London this winter.

I see a 10-45-55 campaign in the cards.

Last edited:

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

Thanks for the info. I also love the optimism.

He should just retire now and not ruin the moment.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017

Hate him as we do, Dale Hunter and the management of that OHL club basically have it being about the singlemost "productive" CHL outfit when it comes to establishing future pros.

I've been saying it since my initial analysis of our draft - expect George to have a huge breakout season for London this winter.

What happened to Turgeon was absolutely disgraceful and can never be defended so I like all Islander fans share in that hatred, that being said there doing something right . I’m willing to stand with my McMichale choice over Holmstom time will tell.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
George was one of my favourite players to watch in the O last year. His skating is really something. Someone like Barzal will really benefit when he eventually makes his way up to the pro squad. Plays a very fluid game, always moving. A bit surprised a good sized defenceman with that mobility and IQ fell to the 4th, but I do wonder what his offensive ceiling is. I didn't notice him creating much with his hands or his passing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad