Player Discussion Isac Lundestrom

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Love the guy and think he's going to be a solid piece for our future... but my god does he need to improve offensively he does the same exact move every single time. His passing is also pretty bad too he always passes behind and into peoples feet. I hope we can do some skill development with him in the off season.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

1st goal of the season that came from a penalty shot that was awarded while the Ducks where shorthanded.

Happy he got the goal, he has started slow, but IMO he's always getting the short end of the stick in Anaheim. His skating is amazing, and he's a weapon on the PK. I sure hope we keep him and develop him.

Damn Josi, Lundy could have started the year with Vatrano and Niederreiter on his wings. Tbh Silf has been better than expected, IMO.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I kinda had thought for some reason that he'd been playing with different guys last year, so that's interesting. It is on him in large part. he was just creating a lot more chances last year, I wonder how much not having guys who can move the puck well like Drysdale and Lindholm in the lineup is impacting him. he is probably at his best in transition.

We'll see how serious this injury is, honestly wouldn't be the worst thing if he just watched a few games from the press box.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We're 4-1-0 since Lundy is back.

Lundy is also a +6 in his return, making him the only forward not in negative +/- rating as of today, Jan 29th. That means we got dynamic Lundy back.

First 24 games: 1g + 5a = 6 pts; -6 rating
Returned from injury (5 games): 0g + 2a = 2 pts; +6 rating

Huge caveat is we beat up on other lottery teams in the past five games: Arizona twice and Columbus once. While we did beat Colorado 5-3 on a great comeback, the next game against Arizona needed OT for the 2-1 win.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lundy is also a +6 in his return, making him the only forward not in negative +/- rating as of today, Jan 29th. That means we got dynamic Lundy back.

First 24 games: 1g + 5a = 6 pts; -6 rating
Returned from injury (5 games): 0g + 2a = 2 pts; +6 rating

Huge caveat is we beat up on other lottery teams in the past five games: Arizona twice and Columbus once. While we did beat Colorado 5-3 on a great comeback, the next game against Arizona needed OT for the 2-1 win.

He is a lot more valuable than people give him credit for

Yeah, he just gives a well-needed balance to our team. A missing cog in the bigger picture.

We did play some bad teams and the Avs goalie was a Swiss cheese, but I think we played better than before, as well.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
He is a lot more valuable than people give him credit for
When he’s playing well he’s incredibly valuable.

But the Lundy of this past week looks like a completely different player than the one we had earlier this season. It seems the rumors about him playing through an injury were true. I hope he’s learned from it

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
7 games back, playing at around 16 mins a game lately.
0+3, +6

Ducks ar 5-1-1 in that span

He's a tank mine

Him assisting on the Vatrano goal was the highlight of a really bad game. But I don’t blame them, the schedule was brutal. 10 games off then playing a back to back with travel. They had no energy last night.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Him assisting on the Vatrano goal was the highlight of a really bad game. But I don’t blame them, the schedule was brutal. 10 games off then playing a back to back with travel. They had no energy last night.

No energy b/c of b2b games. That's where a rested Grant and Leason come into play on the second of the b2b game.

Lundy made sure the 4th line effort didn't go in vain.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Love the guy and think he's going to be a solid piece for our future... but my god does he need to improve offensively he does the same exact move every single time. His passing is also pretty bad too he always passes behind and into peoples feet. I hope we can do some skill development with him in the off season.
I feel like (with a few exceptions), the ducks have always been a terrible passing and receiving passes team.

It’s amazing how bad they are

Reactions: Frosted Tips

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad