Is there a third Staal brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
If Jordan Staal's the best of the bunch, I'd take him No. 1 overall next year. Eric Staal will be one of the top 10 all-round players in the league one day. Eric Staal will score at a point-per-game clip, dominate defensively and in the faceoff circle, and be a team's captain.

Eric Staal won the CHL rookie of the year and scored over a point-per-game by the time he was 18. At the same age, Jordan Staal has one season with 28 points. He won't be as good as Eric Staal.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
God Bless Canada said:
If Jordan Staal's the best of the bunch, I'd take him No. 1 overall next year. Eric Staal will be one of the top 10 all-round players in the league one day. Eric Staal will score at a point-per-game clip, dominate defensively and in the faceoff circle, and be a team's captain.

Eric Staal won the CHL rookie of the year and scored over a point-per-game by the time he was 18. At the same age, Jordan Staal has one season with 28 points. He won't be as good as Eric Staal.

Next year's draft is top heavy. I'd have a hard time imagining Staal cracking the top 5.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
JNRhockeyGURU said:
grrr! thanks for the reply! i knew why he mentioned the Pyatts---i wanted to know why they were "dirty," Mayor obviously has a personal problem with the fam.

and theres alot more than the Pyatt's, Staals, and Johnsons as far as hockey families go in TBay

Hey. I wasn't trying to be smarmy. I thought je was just joking about the Pyatt's to be honest. It's clear from his next post he actually, isn't a fan. Personally I think Taylor's a pretty nice kid. Don't know much about the mother.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
expofan said:
Hey. I wasn't trying to be smarmy. I thought je was just joking about the Pyatt's to be honest. It's clear from his next post he actually, isn't a fan. Personally I think Taylor's a pretty nice kid. Don't know much about the mother.

i actually think Nelson is a firefighter nwo up in Thunder Bay?

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Shane said:
In the 2003 draft preview of THN, there was an article on Eric Staal that mentioned his brothers and suggested that the youngest (Jared) may be the best of the bunch.

I've watched Jared play for the last 2 years and he is not the best of the bunch. He has alot of work to do to be no par with his brothers.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Leachmeister2000 said:
Next year's draft is top heavy. I'd have a hard time imagining Staal cracking the top 5.
I didn't say Jordan Staal was a top-five pick. I said if he is the best of the bunch, he should go No. 1 overall, because I project Eric Staal as one of the top 10 all-round players in the league, and if there's a Staal brother better than that, that's pretty darn good.

BTW, I remember the Eric Staal hype starting in 2001, when he was named CHL rookie of the year. I remember them talking about him going No. 1 overall in 2003 starting in 2001.

Sticky*

God Bless Canada said:
I didn't say Jordan Staal was a top-five pick. I said if he is the best of the bunch, he should go No. 1 overall, because I project Eric Staal as one of the top 10 all-round players in the league, and if there's a Staal brother better than that, that's pretty darn good.

BTW, I remember the Eric Staal hype starting in 2001, when he was named CHL rookie of the year. I remember them talking about him going No. 1 overall in 2003 starting in 2001.

Umm, Eric Staal was never named CHL rookie of the year, he wasnt even OHL rookie of the year. When Eric was a rookie with Peterborough, Rick Nash was the OHL rookie of the year, and I am not certain, but I think Scottie Upshall was CHL rookie of the year that season. Not trying to nitpic, its just that is the 2nd time you wrote that. And he simply wasn't. Great player though.

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
Big Phil said:
Yeah I guess it was a typo. He put 28 points in his rookie year in the OHL, his draft year is this year. But it just makes me wonder that at his rate he has to have a big jump in his draft year to be a Top 5 pick though.
He had a great playoff with Petes:

14 5 5 10 16

And the Petes should be one of the top teams next season and being on a good team and starting to come into his own will only help his stats and draft position and at 6'3" and 200 at only 17 (in September) makes him a power forward in the making.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Caniacforever said:
At this point the Rangers have 1, and the Hurricanes have 1. The Hurricanes have the player considered to be more of a "franchise" player, and yet you have Eric leaving this team to go join his brother on the Rangers instead of the other way around?

Mainly because Eric becomes a UFA first, and would have the option to join his brother(s) on a diff team before they did. I'm sure the Canes will do everything in their power to retain Eric for a long time, but if a player wants to leave, he'll leave, unfortunately. That said, it was just some mindless speculation on my part. I don't think Eric would leave the Canes to go play with his brother, but it's certainly a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad