Injury Report: Is The Nuge Activated? (Will Play Monday According to Eakins)

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Wonder if we'll see Nuge take faceoffs in the first few games back or not.

Oh boy.. i'm super pumped and excited for his return. I want him to regain his rookie year form and prove all the naysayers wrong. But it may take him a few games though to get back to game shape. Hopefully Gags is back sooner rather than later as well.

If he's not ready to take faceoffs then he shouldn't be in the lineup. I'm excited!

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I need my memory refreshed. Aside from Souray, who has been rushed back from injuries?
And even then, I still don't believe Souray was rushed back by the Oilers. Upon signing with the team he talked about how he prided himself on playing through injuries when the Canadiens wanted him to sit.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
somewhere in Russia, upon hearing the news:

5E7PBgp.gif

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I need my memory refreshed. Aside from Souray, who has been rushed back from injuries?

Its been covered an debated on this board for years. Khabby, Horcoff, Souray, Jones, Whitney et al.

Most players returned to the lineup because of the lack of depth on the team. Thats what prompted my comment with RNH.

Hopefully those types of discussion are a thing of the past with the change in Management.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
From what everyone has been reporting from practice, he's been taking full contact, his shot looks great and he has been working in the dot as well, so I doubt he will be very limited once he is back.

I'm hoping they just move Hall back now and get it over with and roll with these:

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-Arco-Eberle
Joennsu-Gordon-Hemsky

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
lol. Journalists in the The Journal and Sun are having some fun on Twitter with RNH being reactivated. "I'm sure that the other children at The Stollery are going to miss the Nuge."

Oh man. I hope that he comes back, is productive and stays healthy because this poor kid is going to face a tonne of scrutiny moving forward.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Your ridiculous commentary aside...are you old enough to know whats been happening with this team over the years in this regard or are you just making an effort to ignore it?

Until new precedents are established history dictates patterns.

There is nothing ridiculous with his post. Again you are failing to take the facts into account because they don't agree with your idea. A non-Edmonton doctor that works on all sorts of athletes cleared Nuge, not the Oilers.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
There is nothing ridiculous with his post. Again you are failing to take the facts into account because they don't agree with your idea. A non-Edmonton doctor that works on all sorts of athletes cleared Nuge, not the Oilers.

**** man, Hemsky cut his finger a few games ago, how is he back already, he should be out for at least another month to be safe

So you think the above comment wasn't ridiculous in any way and contributed to the conversation? Apparently there are no bounds to what you are willing to defend. ;)

Are you suggesting that there have been no mistakes in bringing players back too quickly in the past?

BTW...any luck digging up your proof that Yak played a multitude of successful tough minutes? Surely if you are going to post thats its a fact then you must have checked a resource that's easily reproducible? :D

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Its been covered an debated on this board for years. Khabby, Horcoff, Souray, Jones, Whitney et al.

Most players returned to the lineup because of the lack of depth on the team. Thats what prompted my comment with RNH.

Hopefully those types of discussion are a thing of the past with the change in Management.

Can't say I recall anything around Khabby, Horcoff or Jones being rushed back from injury.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Can't say I recall anything around Khabby, Horcoff or Jones being rushed back from injury.

Dont care to rehash any of it....its been beaten to death already.

Here's hoping the team isn't rushing RNH to the lineup due to the scary bad centre depth. His healthy presence is desperately needed.

Apparently Hamilton just got recalled as well so it will be interesting to see who sits once he arrives.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Dont care to rehash any of it....its been beaten to death already.

Here's hoping the team isn't rushing RNH to the lineup due to the scary bad centre depth. His presence is desperately needed.

Apparently Hamilton just got recalled as well so it will be interesting to see who sits once he arrives.

Isn't Hamilton LW? Could Smyth be sitting? :naughty:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Isn't Hamilton LW? Could Smyth be sitting? :naughty:

After Eakins comments regarding Smyths net presence I cant see him removing Smyth from the lineup.

I am just hoping it isn't Gazdic.

Its an odd callup considering someone has to sit for the arrival of RNH and Hall may go back to the wing which bumps somebody else.

Maybe Hall stays at Centre?

Honestly I have no idea who sits in favor of Hamilton.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
From what everyone has been reporting from practice, he's been taking full contact, his shot looks great and he has been working in the dot as well, so I doubt he will be very limited once he is back.

I'm hoping they just move Hall back now and get it over with and roll with these:

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-Arco-Eberle
Joennsu-Gordon-Hemsky

Those lines look good to me. Arco is like a Gagner-lite, so he fits in okay, and he's been pretty adequate so far. Just, please, enough of Hall at centre. He's not a centreman!

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
After Eakins comments regarding Smyths net presence I cant see him removing Smyth from the lineup.

I am just hoping it isn't Gazdic.

Its an odd callup considering someone has to sit for the arrival of RNH and Hall may go back to the wing which bumps somebody else.

Maybe Hall stays at Centre?

Honestly I have no idea who sits in favor of Hamilton.

Probably Brown, unless Hamilton will be in the PB, but why call him up to sit him in the PB? I don't really get this call-up. If Hall is staying at centre (which I really hope he's not), then Arco is also probably coming out of the lineup.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
There is no way that Hamilton replaces Joensuu because of the latter's terrific performance through pre-season and on Tuesday. If there is any time against whom Gazdic should play, it's Vancouver. Therefore, Hamilton must be replacing Smyth.

Flawless logic, right? Right?? Oh God, please don't let Perron be scratched for Hamilton.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Probably Brown, unless Hamilton will be in the PB, but why call him up to sit him in the PB? I don't really get this call-up. If Hall is staying at centre (which I really hope he's not), then Arco is also probably coming out of the lineup.

I didnt know Hamilton was comfortable on his off wing.

An upgrade over Brown I guess...he adds some potential offence on the 4th line.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I would like to see 3 scoring lines:

Hall-Gordon-Hemsky
Perron-Arcobello-Eberle
Joensuu-RNH-Yak

Top 2 lines we know have chemistry and the 3rd line gives a skilled player in RNH for Yak to play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad