Injury Report: Is The Nuge Activated? (Will Play Monday According to Eakins)

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I would like to 3 scoring lines:

Hall-Gordon-Hemsky
Perron-Arcobello-Eberle
Joensuu-RNH-Yak

Top 2 lines we know have chemistry and the 3rd line gives a skilled player in RNH for Yak to play with.

RNH should be on the first line. And it looks as though Hall will stay at center.I bet the lines for next game will be:

Perron/RNH/Eberle
Smyth/Hall/Hemsky
Joenssu/Gordon/Yakupov
Gazdic/Acton/Hamilton

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
He was always gonna be back sooner than November 1st. It was always "worst case" and "initial estimates". Yet the last month Nuge was saying he felt great.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I didnt know Hamilton was comfortable on his off wing.

An upgrade over Brown I guess...he adds some potential offence on the 4th line.

Does he really have a choice? Guys like Hamilton, Eager, Arcobello, etc. best be happy when they are on the NHL roster. Try make the most of it. Guys are all fringe players and are easily replaced.

I don't really understand how Hamilton coming up means anything about Arco though. RNH in for Arco, Arco to OKC. Hamilton into edmonton, who out of lineup? Or is it just Hamilton as an extra skater going on a road trip?

KickHimPedro

Dec 10, 2011
Very excited to get him back so quickly. If his surgeon has given him clearance, Nuge himself feels great and our doctors are comfortable, I don't have any issues with him playing. I suspect he'll be a little rusty for a few games, given he hasn't played in so long, but he'll be an improvement over Arcobello.

I want to see:

Joensuu - RNH - Yakupov
Hall - Arcobello - Eberle (AHL line reunited)
Perron - Gordon - Hemsky
Gadzic - Acton - Brown

Smyth can take a hike.

This is the way I would do it. I'd make Perron-Gordon-Hemsky the #1 line though. At least give them the tough shifts.

When Gagner comes back he takes Arco's spot and that becomes the #1 line.

That's three solid, balanced lines.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Nuge back?

Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack 51m
Talked to RNH yesterday. Says he feels better than he did in his rookie year. Really firing the puck with confidence, shooting much harder.

SrCfgxX.gif

scliff

Nov 28, 2009
Its been covered an debated on this board for years. Khabby, Horcoff, Souray, Jones, Whitney et al.

Dont care to rehash any of it....its been beaten to death already.
A lot of things are debated on these boards, and most of them are nonsense.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Does he really have a choice? Guys like Hamilton, Eager, Arcobello, etc. best be happy when they are on the NHL roster. Try make the most of it. Guys are all fringe players and are easily replaced.

I don't really understand how Hamilton coming up means anything about Arco though. RNH in for Arco, Arco to OKC. Hamilton into edmonton, who out of lineup? Or is it just Hamilton as an extra skater going on a road trip?

I should have replaced the word comfortable with effective. Some players simply cant play their game effectively on the off wing.

In any event...Hamilton may be an extra skater and I guess it could mean that there is some early trade pending as well.
Unlikely at this early juncture but I guess its possible.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I should have replaced the word comfortable with effective. Some players simply cant play their game effectively on the off wing.

In any event...Hamilton may be an extra skater and I guess it could mean that there is some early trade pending as well.
Unlikely at this early juncture but I guess its possible.

I figured as much. It is a bit different I guess with him being a 4th liner as opposed to a top 6 guy. His job will be quite simple. Crash, bang, dump the puck.

Trade or no trade, Eakins really needs 13F and 7d at all times up with the big club. We have got burned in the past with needed guys from OKC on game day. Why even risk us having to dress a Golden Bear or HF poster?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I figured as much. It is a bit different I guess with him being a 4th liner as opposed to a top 6 guy. His job will be quite simple. Crash, bang, dump the puck.

Trade or no trade, Eakins really needs 13F and 7d at all times up with the big club. We have got burned in the past with needed guys from OKC on game day. Why even risk us having to dress a Golden Bear or HF poster?

This might surprise you but I think I agree.

vickpeterson

Sep 30, 2011
HF
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but Arcobello is getting sent down, and Hall will continue to play centre until Gagner comes back, no matter how bad his first game was.

Seems like everyone forgot the main reason Hall was playing Centre was because RNH was injured, and Him and Gagner were going to be their top 2 centres to start off until he got back. Now that Gagner is gone Hall will continue to be centre until he comes back.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Pretty sure somewhere in the forum rules it states that trolling/flaming/logic aren't allowed. Pretty sure

Not flaming, but if you want to play mod fine.

I'm just stating that I'd rather take the opinion of a medical professional than a forum poster that has no qualifications.

I didn't specify a single poster. So I am not sure what you are on about.

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton
This is the way I would do it. I'd make Perron-Gordon-Hemsky the #1 line though. At least give them the tough shifts.

When Gagner comes back he takes Arco's spot and that becomes the #1 line.

That's three solid, balanced lines.

Just because you change the order in which the lines are presented it does not change how the opposing coach will match against that line. You can say it's our top line all you want but coaches will put their top line against Hall and whomever his partners are

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

I'm just stating that I'd rather take the opinion of a medical professional than a forum poster that has no qualifications.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic, logic is definitely allowed ;)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Just curious but what posters in this thread expressed an opinion that directly contradicted a medical opinion?

There is a difference between questioning authority (which is healthy IMO) and contradicting authority for no reason.

Authority should be challenged and not blindly followed especially when there is justification for questioning.

There should never be an issue with critical thinking no matter how much it goes against the status quo and how unpopular it might be.

The Perfect Human*

The Oilers aren't rushing Nuge whatsoever.

All along the "at worst" prognosis for the recovery time here has been early November. This is worst-case scenario given issues with healing or recovery of function.

It's been said many times over the past few months that Nuge has been ahead-of-schedule in his recovery. I don't see why this has surprised so many people.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Did anyone really think he was going to be out until Nov1? Yeesh. He's been playing and feeling good for weeks and now has been in contact drills.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
The same injury is unlikely if in fact he is 100%.
The Oilers history in returning players to the lineup over the years is not good. I hope the fact that they are down 2 NHL centres isn't influencing this decision in any way.

What? Everyone knows that shoulder will never be 100% again.

Is it at a higher risk of injury because he's had a previous injury to it? Absolutely.

You're asking the wrong question. You should be asking if the state of the shoulder on Monday is as good as it can be given the circumstances.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Is it at a higher risk of injury because he's had a previous injury to it? Absolutely.

You're asking the wrong question. You should be asking if the state of the shoulder on Monday is as good as it can be given the circumstances.

Everyone knows this? This applies to every surgery and every situation? Really...please do provide your source for this.

Regarding my asking the wrong question....I actually agree with your perspective on that and I liked the way you phrased the question.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Everyone knows this? This applies to every surgery and every situation? Really...please do provide your source for this.

Regarding my asking the wrong question....I actually agree with your perspective on that and I liked the way you phrased the question.

You're obviously trolling, or didn't read my original message properly, but I'll bite.

A couple weeks ago when asked about RNH's recovery, Hall mentioned that RNH was way ahead of where he was at the same stage, post surgery. Hall explicitly said that his shoulder wasn't ever going to be like it was before the injury, and RNH would be in the same boat. Is Hall a doctor? I don't think so. But he's been through the same process as RNH, and is better versed to speak to the health of his teammate's shoulder than you or I.

I'm not going to find the exact video link, but if you care to watch it, it can be found on the Oilers website.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Just curious but what posters in this thread expressed an opinion that directly contradicted a medical opinion?

There is a difference between questioning authority (which is healthy IMO) and contradicting authority for no reason.

Authority should be challenged and not blindly followed especially when there is justification for questioning.

There should never be an issue with critical thinking no matter how much it goes against the status quo and how unpopular it might be.

Heh. Critical thinking is in short supply around here.

All I seem to see is meaningless arguing.

Oh, BTW, heard on Gregor that Nuge has put on a bit of muscle as well.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab

Congrats on being 100% wrong. The surgery that both Hall and Nuge had is so advanced these days, that your shoulder is better then it ever naturally was. They are far less likely to reinjure their shoulder

Billy Barou

Mar 4, 2011
Nuge is back!! I can come out of hiding.

It seems I need a new avatar...

There is a good chance Nuge will perform better than ever. If he's been playing for awhile with a bum shoulder it likely had an effect on his confidence in physical situations. It's hard to give 100% when you don't trust your body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad