Is our TOP4 (D) Really that bad ?

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
Not really a big fan of our blue line corps or forwards or this softer NHL. But.

One of the big issues with our blue line is they get very little support from our forwards which makes there jobs harder. A simple nudge or step in front of opposition forecheckers would help a great deal. Unfortunalty we have/had several forwards who are terrified of contact.

Rielly - New Guy
Dermot - Zaitsev
Hainsey - whoever out of the spare

I like Gardiner somewhat and would keep him but not at 6mil a year. Dermot is going to be to good to keep on the 3rd pairing and I don't see Dubas extending Gardiner. Trade him now as it's hard to trade away good players at the deadline.

Players I have heard are available that may be a good fit.

Justin Faulk Car
Severson Devils
Petrovic Florida
Those guys from Calgary

Reactions: Jthibault

Jthibault

Jun 12, 2018
Gardiner had a really really bad game 7. And out of all his games id say 15% was rough. But when he was good he was really good. He had to deal with alot of switches on his line due to injuries he needs a steady team mate. I really think the best option for us is to pick up a steady RD for RIELLY that way zaitsev can come back and play second pairing with gardiner and have dermott with hainsey/liljgren

Xxx/Rielly
Zaitsev/gardiner
Hainsey/liljgren/dermott.

Jthibault

Jun 12, 2018
Not really a big fan of our blue line corps or forwards or this softer NHL. But.

One of the big issues with our blue line is they get very little support from our forwards which makes there jobs harder. A simple nudge or step in front of opposition forecheckers would help a great deal. Unfortunalty we have/had several forwards who are terrified of contact.

Rielly - New Guy
Dermot - Zaitsev
Hainsey - whoever out of the spare

I like Gardiner somewhat and would keep him but not at 6mil a year. Dermot is going to be to good to keep on the 3rd pairing and I don't see Dubas extending Gardiner. Trade him now as it's hard to trade away good players at the deadline.

Players I have heard are available that may be a good fit.

Justin Faulk Car
Severson Devils
Petrovic Florida
Those guys from Calgary
I like this idea as well we can use gardiner as a trade chip unlike we did with jvr (only thing i think we could have done better via management of assets last yr). Our D MUST get help other wise stalemate. Carlsson is not the answer.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I think we need to just play the long game. Our core is all young. I am on the trade gardiner train he could get us a decent pick and a d prospect we have enough 4-7 defense to fill in for him. maybe not points wise but defensively we should be able to fill it with players.

there is enough teams looking for a good puck mover. and we currently have a few of them.

rielly -zats

Hainsey - zatz/rosen

Dermot - Oz/holl/

maybe try for ian cole from cbj or John Moore from jersey. both upcoming ufas. it might not look pretty but I think it would be a lot more stable then having gards erratic habits

and both should cost less then what gards is currently making and what he will be expecting next year as ufa

LeafsFan18

Go Leafs Go
Aug 18, 2009
Windsor
Rielly - Severson
Dermott - Petrovic
Hainsey - Zaitsev

Trade Gardiner for Severson
Trade Picks & Prospects for Petrovic

?

Ad

Upcoming events