Is our TOP4 (D) Really that bad ?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Again, why did he play amazing? This is a guy who was on waivers a year ago and is no spring chicken. Also funny that you claim Andersen was our MVP when his backup had better numbers (which seems so important to you).

For the pressure, you're lumping together too many players to oversimplify. Gardiner is at his best under pressure, put on a heavy forcheck and he can skate pucks out. Take away options and he struggles. Zaistev's big issue is that he doesn't make himself a good option and misread situations. Its more about positional play than pressure for him. Ranting about preasure makes me wonder how closely you're following this group of D.
he was on waivers because he had a bad game for the blue jackets. last season he was phenomenal for them. i claim andersen was our mvp because despite his struggles, he was our best player throughout the entire season and he gave the leafs a chance to win the match every night he was in the net.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I think they will move him and not repeat that. Gardiner has solid value.
that would be very unlikely. just because fans want him to be moved because he will most likely leave doesn't mean the gm will accommodate. the leafs are most likely going to be in a playoff spot all season long and it wouldn't look good on the gm for trading pieces of this team to help the future. what happened with jvr and bozak this season will happen to gardiner next season

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Reimer wasn't a bum by any means, but if there was such a double standard here, why didn't some astute GM pick him as their starter? Why could the great one only get backup gigs, and even last year when Lou went down, he actually lost the gig to the third string AHL goalie for a stretch. I bought my kid a Reimer poster, so I never hated the guy obviously, but the revisionism and "raw deal" nonsense we must endure simply isn't backed up by reality. He was all yours rest of the league for nothing, and yet he never became a starter besides here. The jury is still out on Andersen, the verdict is in on Reimer....clearly, unequivocally.
Riemer played more games than Luongo this year. He would never have been signed for so much as a backup.....more like a 1B. To say he is a backup is a bit misleading.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
5v5 Scoring chances were pretty even for the series though. High danger ones were perfectly even.

I still think Anderson is a good keeper who got cold at the wrong time. He'll be better next year......

And what do you think about the defense of other teams that are similar to the Leafs in turnovers like say, Washington?
washington doesn't get hemmed in their own zone consistently like the leafs do. they turn the puck over but they get it back fairly often

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
he was on waivers because he had a bad game for the blue jackets. last season he was phenomenal for them. i claim andersen was our mvp because despite his struggles, he was our best player throughout the entire season and he gave the leafs a chance to win the match every night he was in the net.
...but so did our backup goalie, So its tough to argue he's our MVP. Unless all goalies are by default basically.

As for the waivers, the bad game explains (poorly) why he was moved, not why it had to be for free.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
washington doesn't get hemmed in their own zone consistently like the leafs do. they turn the puck over but they get it back fairly often

The Leafs had a better takeaway/give away ratio than Washington this year....

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
its not my fault you can't handle the truth. also, i never insisted i'm some know-it-all oracle whatsoever. you are feeling offended by what i'm saying because its the opposite of what you are saying, which is incorrect. you are oblivious getting confused.

I'm never offended by people spewing nonsense. I'm just trying to help you out by telling you what you need to do to shed your reputation as one of the worst posters on this board. If you're not interested that's fine, you'll be on my ignore list soon enough.

Claiming that forwards = team offense and defensmen = team defense is fairly dumb, for the record.

The mobility and puckmoving abilities of our defensemen is a crucial part of our great team offense.

Meanwhile, the poor defensive abilitiesof many of our forwards is a big part of our mediocre team defense.

This always seems to ignored when discussing our defence but is 100% accurate.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
...but so did our backup goalie, So its tough to argue he's our MVP. Unless all goalies are by default basically.

As for the waivers, the bad game explains (poorly) why he was moved, not why it had to be for free.
mcelhinney played far less the amount of games andersen did. if mcelhinney played as much as andersen, he'd have worse stats.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I'm never offended by people spewing nonsense. I'm just trying to help you out by telling you what you need to do to shed your reputation as one of the worst posters on this board. If you're not interested that's fine, you'll be on my ignore list soon enough.

This always seems to ignored when discussing our defence but is 100% accurate.
you are not helping me at all. you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. none of what you say about gardiner and the team's defense is accurate

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
mcelhinney played far less the amount of games andersen did. if mcelhinney played as much as andersen, he'd have worse stats.
He also played in much tougher spots on back to backs with a tired team for the most part.

I agree Andersen is better, but the difference in their quality of play this year should raise some flags on Andy's value/importance.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He also played in much tougher spots on back to backs with a tired team for the most part.

I agree Andersen is better, but the difference in their quality of play this year should raise some flags on Andy's value/importance.
it should raise some flags. he isn't good enough to win with in the playoffs. i think they should get another goalie

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That post does not describe my post perfectly at all. It's easily the truth and it's ridiculous to argue against it.

The truth is I am correct and you are delusional.

unsurprisingly, you are incorrect.

i have found the truth. i already told you that and you are being, unsurprisingly, delusional yet again. if you can't handle being incorrect, don't be rude to others because they are

my opinion is not worse than the 'average leaf fan'. it is much better than the 'average leaf fan' because the 'average leaf fan' overrates everything about the leafs, including their defense, which is just preposterous

another thing. whatever you claim i think i am or whatever i think of others is false. i don't think they're dumb and i don't think i'm a hockey messiah. they're opinions are incorrect, thats all.

my opinions are correct and once again, you are incorrect.

its not my fault you can't handle the truth. also, i never insisted i'm some know-it-all oracle whatsoever. you are feeling offended by what i'm saying because its the opposite of what you are saying, which is incorrect. you are oblivious getting confused.

All this is from just the last couple of pages. You've been doing this for a long time now and it's very boring, could you please come up with some new material?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
All this is from just the last couple of pages. You've been doing this for a long time now and it's very boring, could you please come up with some new material?
doing what? telling the truth? maybe you should live in the real world and not leafland

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
were they hemmed in their own zone consistently chasing the puck like we do almost all the time? highly doubt it

While there's no stat that's tracks that, they were a worst possession team than the Leafs this year.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
While there's no stat that's tracks that, they were a worst possession team than the Leafs this year.
possession doesn't track whether the opposition is hemmed in their own zone as much

i'm gonna say the caps weren't hemmed in their own zone as much as the leafs were

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He is always injured
And that's why Reimer's there, you're right that he's a middle ground goalie, not a starter but not a backup. But he did lose that "temp" starter role for a period this year.

Last edited:

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
If you measure our defense by how they are with the puck they are above average, without the puck, they are hot garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad