Is Nolan Patrick worth it for another very bad season?

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
Would you guys rather have a decent season and make it to the playoffs next year or do you guys want another very poor season to get a legitimate shot at Nolan Patrick? It doesn't hurt to get another offensive center.

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
I would rather the team be competitive and get into and put up a good playoff performance. It's hard to think we'll be a bottom 5 team with a shot in the lottery again. If we ended up getting him after a rough season again.. I guess that would be alright

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
Even if you outtank everyone, thats still only a 1/5 chance, saying they don't alter the odds thx to Vegas. So yeah no thanks

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I've never heard if Nolan Patrick, so no. Playoffs!

You should learn about him.

As for the OP, no, it wouldn't reflect well on the team to miss the playoffs after assembling this group. We should be on our way up now. I understand that it will take a year or two for the group to truly gel, so I'm not expecting us to cruise into the playoffs, but I do expect us to make them now.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Nolan is great to watch and could be a great nhl player but I think it's extremely important for the jets to be comfortable in a winning culture rather than a losing one.

I think we've seen in other teams how hard and how many years it takes to get rid of a losing culture.

Just not worth it imo

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
To be completely honest, with the lineup the jets will be icing next season, if they finish in the bottom 5 I will be extremely worried.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
From what I've heard, Patrick is far, far below the likes of Matthews, McDavid, Eichel and Laine.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
No, unless we pull off a trade like Trouba to the future last place team for three firsts, two seconds and their top prospect. That is the only way I'd like to get Patrick in a Jets jersey. Plus the kid had some very serious injuries.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think we see a big bounce back year by the Jets. As others have mentioned we are better than our record last season and we will see a lot over internal growth with our 23 and under cohort. I think we see Scheifele move into undisputed #1 C territory this season with big jumps forward by Trouba and Ehlers while Laine proves to be the real deal and will be contending for the Calder. I also see Connor and Petan being real contributors by season's end. Assuming we make the transition to Helly and the glue guys spend more time in the PB I think we battle for a playoff spot. Maybe we come up a bit short, but our only chance at Patrick will by very long odds.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We need to make a trade for an extra first rd pick (LV?) and pray for more ping pong ball success

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I honestly don't think they are going to have a bad season next year. If there special teams improve we are going to be in a mix for a playoff spot

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Would love to see Nolan in a Jets jersey but like others have said the odds of us finishing that badly are very low. We will be bubbling this season imo.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Looking at our roster and AHL depth, although we are very young, I think we will have a great season this year and we will be nowhere near the bottom.

I think our bottoming out is done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad