Is Makar the second best player in the league?

Is Makar the second best player in the league?

• Yes, right behind McDavid

Votes: 169 42.1%
  • No. There are better players than him

Votes: 188 46.9%
  • The BEST player... who is better?

Votes: 44 11.0%

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
he is 100% the second most valuable player in the league imo. Due to a combination of age, and position (defensemen generally age way better than forwards), and still future potential ceiling, he's worth more than anyone other than McDavid (and even versus McDavid is at least worthy of a conversation too).

But second best player? I voted no. He's probably in the tier of guys like Matthews, Drai, Mack & Kucherov, but I don't think I have him #2. Close though, and not exactly controversial to say yes.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I have him 2nd, but there's no clear cut #2 IMO
Some will have Matthews. Others Kucherov, etc...

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
he is 100% the second most valuable player in the league imo. Due to a combination of age, and position (defensemen generally age way better than forwards), and still future potential ceiling, he's worth more than anyone other than McDavid (and even versus McDavid is at least worthy of a conversation too).

But second best player? I voted no. He's probably in the tier of guys like Matthews, Drai, Mack & Kucherov, but I don't think I have him #2. Close though, and not exactly controversial to say yes.

So he is in the mix, which is the way I look at it and personally if I was starting a team for just a single season, no salary cap or other concerns then he is the #1 pick for me and 2 at worst.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He's right there, I wouldn't argue if anyone had him as number 2

I'll go Matthews for obvious reasons

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Makar is #1 in the league AINEC. The true generational talent.

Josi had the most #1 votes for the Norris and would've won it if some voters didn't purposely leave him out of it entirely.

It's fine if you think he's the best but I don't know how this is "AINEC" :laugh:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yes. He could be #1 with another playoffs like that.

Josi had the most #1 votes for the Norris and would've won it if some voters didn't purposely leave him out of it entirely.

It's fine if you think he's the best but I don't know how this is "AINEC" :laugh:
It really is. Josi had an amazing career jewel season and he’s a legit superstar player. Makar will play at that level his entire career (if healthy)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad