Is Kadri trade that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
I really want to get a handle on if trading Kadri is likely.

IF we get Stamkos and Matthews....we will also have Bozak, Nylander and a lot of possible 4th line center guys....freeing up a great trade chip in Kadri. (Im a big fan)

The main reason Ive heard against trading is that it sends the wrong message. Basically, if I have the argument correct, he signed through some UFA years at a decent amount to play in Toronto....where he wants to be....so trading him is almost a slap in the face.

How bad is this? Do players realize this is a business and the Leafs situation has changed......or do they see it as something negative to consider when negotiating with the Leafs?

Sorry if I missed a thread already discussing this.....

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

IF we get Stamkos and Matthews....we will also have Bozak, Nylander and a lot of possible 4th line center guys....freeing up a great trade chip in Kadri. (Im a big fan)

The main reason Ive heard against trading is that it sends the wrong message. Basically, if I have the argument correct, he signed through some UFA years at a decent amount to play in Toronto....where he wants to be....so trading him is almost a slap in the face.

How bad is this? Do players realize this is a business and the Leafs situation has changed......or do they see it as something negative to consider when negotiating with the Leafs?

If we trade him who plays 3rd line center? :D

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I am all for doing what is best for the long-term interests of the team.

If the Leafs are able to draft Matthews, and sign Stamkos, moving a recently signed Kadri, if he can fill a glaring need, either on D or in net, has to be looked at.

I wouldn't be looking at moving him for picks at this point, unless it is a knock your socks off offer that I don't believe is out there. I would be looking at a legitimate and bonafide NHL player in return, as that is what Kadri is.

Otherwise, he has a role to play on this team and may actually be better served on the wing than at centre.

Having said that, would anyone look at a trade starting with Kadri + for Drouin? That would be an interesting scenario for me, and the kind of scenarios I would entertain trading Kadri.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm comfortable with the idea Kadri won't finish his contract here in Toronto because at some point he'll have been bumped out, but that's how a rebuild should work. On the extension he signed, it's good for him, and it's good for the team because he's an affordable asset and could help us fill a big need elsewhere when the team is beginning to move up the standings..

Bozak would be a more reasonable candidate to be shipped out this summer though.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Not going to happen any time soon. It would be incredibly dishonourable to do something like that immediately after signing him longterm. Sure it is a business but there are ethics involved in sporting decisions; it isn't the same standard of conduct that normal people have toiling away 9-5 in scrubland. The players association would probably be annoyed by such an action as well; not that they could do anything about it.

buttman*

Trade Bozak. Kadri can put up more points. His shooting percentage was poor this year, it will get better and his value will go up. Comoros, Kadri, Soshnikov third line. That line was the Leafs first near the end of the year. Put Nylander on the wing.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
we will be dealing bozak. kadri is our #3C. the fact that management committed to him for 6 years is a huge indication of that.

Stamkos
Matthews
Kadri
Goat

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You don't sign a guy for 6 years, then trade him less than year into the deal unless the situation is a complete disaster. Considering how much talk there is about making this market "safe" for players, and creating a certain culture, I don't see Kadri getting traded. Bozak is the one to go, which makes the most sense.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
You don't sign a guy for 6 years, then trade him less than year into the deal unless the situation is a complete disaster. Considering how much talk there is about making this market "safe" for players, and creating a certain culture, I don't see Kadri getting traded. Bozak is the one to go, which makes the most sense.

OK thanks everyone. Just thought Bozak could fill 3C role and Kadri could certainly return more in a trade. I posted before but the possible Komarov - Kadri - Sosh would be exciting to watch

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Could be:

1) Stamkos
2) Kadri
3) Bozak

JVR Stamkos Marner
Matthews Kadri Nylander
Komarov Bozak Sosh
Greening Laich Hyman
Michalek

Should injuries arise Nylander and Matthews can fill in at C.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
OK thanks everyone. Just thought Bozak could fill 3C role and Kadri could certainly return more in a trade. I posted before but the possible Komarov - Kadri - Sosh would be exciting to watch

I don't think this is a case of Mike Richards/Jeff Carter. Once we signed Kadri to 6 years, we showed our commitment moving forward.
Next year it's quite possible:
Stamkos
Kadri
Matthews

Without Stamkos it could be Kadri/Matthews/Nylander or Kadri/Bozak(for the time being)/Matthews.
But I believe Kadri is a part of what is to come.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

He'll be kept as long as he's needed.

His contract has no bearing on anything, most traded players have contracts. Having a contract isn't special, nor does it make the player special.

I think he'll be here for a couple seasons anyway, but Stamkos definitely changes everything.

Matthews, Stamkos, Nylander would be the top centers on this team, and you don't need someone like Kadri playing 4th. line.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
They signed him to a 6 year deal a month ago. They aren't trading him until at minimum next off season.

Bozak goes before kadri

LWC07*

Kadri will be our 3rd line C, nothing wrong with that. The problem is JVR, we already have wing depth for days, we need RHD.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa once re-signed Hossa and flipped him shortly to Atlanta for Heatley. And for a while that was the right move. Just depends on changing circumstances. What's important is the Leafs retained value on an asset and can do whatever they feel is necessary.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Question about a Kadri trade is what would you personally be targeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad