Speculation: Is Jack Edwards ok?!

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
He stuck to play-by-play for the most part during the Las Vegas game and was fine.

Knight

Oct 7, 2010
Jack's 1st period endnote last night that the Bruins need to "Climb the...tsunami!!" was nonsensical gold/meme material

Reactions: caz16

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
He stuck to play-by-play for the most part during the Las Vegas game and was fine.

I noticed a few times he sounded like his thoughts were way ahead of his words and he was struggling.

He also messed something up and when he corrected himself he seemed like it really bothered him that he messed up

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I noticed a few times he sounded like his thoughts were way ahead of his words and he was struggling.

He also messed something up and when he corrected himself he seemed like it really bothered him that he messed up

It sounds like aphasia or after stroke like symptoms. I'm not going to speculate buy that's what it sounds like to me going back to last season. He didn't sound like this 3 years ago.

I just hope that whatever it is, he's okay.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I like Jack, but he's been slurring his words lately.

As far as the Maroon joke, gimmie a break. Think back to the days of Byfuglien and the lack of outrage.

My god this world...
His job is to call the game, not to go off into an inappropriate, unprofessional soliloquy that nobody really wants to hear, it's unprofessional drivel when he leaves the reservation like that.

And who can forget his 'where's the outrage' moment regarding Carolina using Pie McKenzie's retired Hartford Whalers #19? I'm just done with his garbage. I cringe when he's on the air now.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
His job is to call the game, not to go off into an inappropriate, unprofessional soliloquy that nobody really wants to hear, it's unprofessional drivel when he leaves the reservation like that.

And who can forget his 'where's the outrage' moment regarding Carolina using Pie McKenzie's retired Hartford Whalers #19? I'm just done with his garbage. I cringe when he's on the air now.
The Revolutionary War analogy will always be my favorite

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Best solution is NESN hiring Goucher away for the PBP role then letting Jack have a Don Cherry type segment in the intermission.

This would be okay. I like Sophia in the booth.

Have a panel with Jack, Sophia, Billy Jaffe. I like Raycroft rink side. Bring in Goucher and Brickley (or Bob Beers? I loved these two on 98.5).

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
man, watching the game tonight it feels like whoever is forcing Jack to read the ad for Comcast Business ("Comcast Business - Serving gig speeds to the most bussinessses") must be trying to torture him

• Haha
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This would be okay. I like Sophia in the booth.

Have a panel with Jack, Sophia, Billy Jaffe. I like Raycroft rink side. Bring in Goucher and Brickley (or Bob Beers? I loved these two on 98.5).
Goucher was on radio last week - he’s married family has a home in Vegas, big in community- he’s already a legend out there

That ship has sailed

When Jack originally mispronounced Former Bruins coach Doug Houda last night right before Opening Face Off I thought something wrong

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yeah that “coin that won’t get tossed” line moving into an every game thing is bizarre.

I don’t even think he did the continuation (“rolling home to you”) until more recently.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I'm sure he's great person, and I hate to pick on someone who may have a medical issue, or whatever, but it's almost unbearable to have the sound on while watching a game lately.

He's way behind the action, he doesn't tell you who has the puck until the next guy already has the puck, or the shot has been taken.

I've listened more closely since this thread was started and in the last half-dozen or so games, roughly half the goals have been scored while he's not even calling the play, and that goes for at least half the shots as well.

It's sad.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I'm sure he's great person, and I hate to pick on someone who may have a medical issue, or whatever, but it's almost unbearable to have the sound on while watching a game lately.

He's way behind the action, he doesn't tell you who has the puck until the next guy already has the puck, or the shot has been taken.

I've listened more closely since this thread was started and in the last half-dozen or so games, roughly half the goals have been scored while he's not even calling the play, and that goes for at least half the shots as well.

It's sad.
yeah this is where I'm at. And I defended him for years after others here started to turn on him. and I do believe he's a great guy. Years ago we even briefly DM'd on twitter about some Bruins stuff and he was very cool and approachable. It helps personally that it seems like our political and world views align.

But as a play by play guy he seems totally cooked and practically speaking, if I were running NESN there's no way I'd go into next season with him in the booth again. I truly wish him the best, but I find his current performance to be really distracting and detrimental to the product.

I was never a "they should have kept Goucher" guy, but after catching the Vegas feed recently, it was stunning how much better Goucher and Hnidy's broadcast was vs Jack & Brick (the technical & video presentation was night & day better as well but that's another topic).

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Jack Edwards Bingo 2022-23 edition:

Slurring player namesDown to Sophia Yyyyyurkstovich45 second rants about opposing players' weight
Forgets what he's saying halfway through saying it
1671041736877.png
MAHTHA THE BAHN'S ON FIAH
The coin that won't be tossedChinese MustardMisses a goal because he's still in the middle of a sentence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad