GDT: is it blackhawks or black hawks

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I mean there’s a reason he plays with Nic Foligno.

And lol at making a big f***ing deal out of super veteran Spencer Martin who has played 12 more career games than Bedard and has less career wins than Bedard has assists.
He's 10 years older then Bedard, he's been a Pro for 10 years longer than Bedard. I dont think anyone cares that most of it was in the AHL. Point being Jack ass little shits that try and upstage adults in pro sports sometimes get help growing up real quick.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He's 10 years older then Bedard, he's been a Pro for 10 years longer than Bedard. I dont think anyone cares that most of it was in the AHL. Point being Jack ass little shits that try and upstage adults in pro sports sometimes get help growing up real quick.
As BLB posted, Martin started the whole thing with what he did at the 2nd intermission because Bedard was pushed into him by Orlov. Like you said in your prior post: "Humans don't like to be shown up. Highly skilled ultra competitive athletes like it even less. In the real world you walk away, or tell them off. "

Bedard's response after scoring was exactly for the reason you stated. He didn't like Martin giving him that shove at intermission, so he responded as he did. I don't see an issue either way. It was all rather harmless.

Reactions: Blueline Bomber

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
lost in this game is we can snap back to reality with Martin -- no those goals weren't all his fault but they weren't great either

As Mr Squirrels pointed out, those power play goals were absolutely "great".

On the subject of those two PP goals against Martin last night, something that occurred to me while watching last night's game is that I rarely hear about a goaltender's even-strength GAA or Save%. We talk ad nauseum about the 5-on-5 stats for skaters ([cough BBA [cough]), but not so much with goaltenders. Shouldn't we expect a goaltender's performance to be adversely affected in a considerable manner? Why don't we ever discuss a goaltender's 5-on-5 stats separate from special teams like we do for skaters?

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
As BLB posted, Martin started the whole thing with what he did at the 2nd intermission because Bedard was pushed into him by Orlov. Like you said in your prior post: "Humans don't like to be shown up. Highly skilled ultra competitive athletes like it even less. In the real world you walk away, or tell them off. "

Bedard's response after scoring was exactly for the reason you stated. He didn't like Martin giving him that shove at intermission, so he responded as he did. I don't see an issue either way. It was all rather harmless.

Watch again a little more closely...what he's actually probably mad about are 2 things: 1) Bedard, after barely getting tapped, raises his arms up basically aiming his stick up at Martin's shoulder/head (we'll call this "accidentally on purpose"), 2) more importantly, when he gets up, he actually grabs Martin's leg pad and yanks it out from under him as he's trying to get to the other side of the crease

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Watch again a little more closely...what he's actually probably mad about are 2 things: 1) Bedard, after barely getting tapped, raises his arms up basically aiming his stick up at Martin's shoulder/head (we'll call this "accidentally on purpose"), 2) more importantly, when he gets up, he actually grabs Martin's leg pad and yanks it out from under him as he's trying to get to the other side of the crease

He got pushed into Martin by Orlov. Even with what you posted above, what he did was such a minor non-issue.
Martin's shove of him at the intermission was a minor non-issue
Bedard staring at him and Martin pointing to the scoreboard were tame.

Some people are making a bigger deal out of something that was tame, and frankly kinda fun. I'm sure players from both teams just laughed it off after the game.

Reactions: AD Skinner

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Koochie woulda KO’d him lol

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Koochie woulda KO’d him lol
This is what I find amusing. We love it when a young guy like Koochie gets into it with veterans. Then when Bedard does something even tamer to Martin, suddenly it's a problem (I don't think it was you saying it was a problem, just making a general statement about some of that sentiment on this board)

Reactions: bleedgreen

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
That’s what I saw as well

Reactions: WreckingCrew

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
I personally thought Martin was hilarious when Bedard was doing his tough stare down and Martin shows him up by pointing at the scoreboard. was pointing it out to my son and our guests at the game in real time when it was happening….

Martin has been perfectly fine as a backup the games he has played for us. I wouldn’t want him as my number 1 goalie…. But would have no issue with him as a number 3 injury insurance policy next year… and any borderline goalie signing with us goes into it knowing he is going to play nhl games during the season given the track record of injuries on this team for freddie and even PK at this point…. So Martin would be a fine tandem with Perets next season when we hopefully have a farm team again… assuming some team with decent defense doesn’t look at his time with us and give him a guaranteed backup deal thinking he is the answer for them with a decent team in front of him unlike his time in Columbus recently…

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I personally thought Martin was hilarious when Bedard was doing his tough stare down and Martin shows him up by pointing at the scoreboard. was pointing it out to my son and our guests at the game in real time when it was happening….

yep. It was just a little fun. And here was the Blackhawks view on it. They found it funny as well.

Bedard was asked about the exchange after practice on Tuesday.

"It's hockey," Bedard said. "I don't think it was anything too meaningful or whatever. It was funny.

"I'm always excited to play and stuff, but I think noticing how the game was going, I was kind of trying to be more physical or whatever and I guess I got in his face a little bit, which is fair. I don't think either of us are waking up and caring too much about it, but yeah, it's not a big deal at all."

Blackhawks head coach Luke Richardson enjoyed seeing the emotion from Bedard.

"If you roll the video all the way back, their D, who was Orlov, cross-checked him into the goalie," Richardson said. "He was kind of trying to stay out of there. I don’t know where the goalie was upset and gave him a shot after the period, but I like Connor’s reaction; he didn’t take it.

"I heard the guys, they loved it. He’s not going to take it. I don’t think he started it, but he’s not going to let it slide by."

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
yep. It was just a little fun. And here was the Blackhawks view on it. They found it funny as well.

Bedard was asked about the exchange after practice on Tuesday.

"It's hockey," Bedard said. "I don't think it was anything too meaningful or whatever. It was funny.

"I'm always excited to play and stuff, but I think noticing how the game was going, I was kind of trying to be more physical or whatever and I guess I got in his face a little bit, which is fair. I don't think either of us are waking up and caring too much about it, but yeah, it's not a big deal at all."

Blackhawks head coach Luke Richardson enjoyed seeing the emotion from Bedard.

"If you roll the video all the way back, their D, who was Orlov, cross-checked him into the goalie," Richardson said. "He was kind of trying to stay out of there. I don’t know where the goalie was upset and gave him a shot after the period, but I like Connor’s reaction; he didn’t take it.

"I heard the guys, they loved it. He’s not going to take it. I don’t think he started it, but he’s not going to let it slide by."
looked like (at least on the replay I've seen) that Bedard gave him a quick little stick jab as he was getting back up. Didn't look hard and possibly unintentional but it is what it is.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
looked like (at least on the replay I've seen) that Bedard gave him a quick little stick jab as he was getting back up. Didn't look hard and possibly unintentional but it is what it is.
I agree the whole thing is silly, players having their heat-of-the-moment reactions. Neither player is going to be waking up from nightmares about it or will even think about it again. But yea, Chicago obviously leaving out the "barely-touched-so-I-accidentally-fell-into-the-goalie-with-my-stick-up" move, extra jab, and leg pull that got a response from Martin in the first place.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I was watching the game against the Hawks and I saw Bunting played with Aho. Does Bunting played in the 1st line now? I thought the first line is Svechnikov - Aho - Fast?

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I was watching the game against the Hawks and I saw Bunting played with Aho. Does Bunting played in the 1st line now? I thought the first line is Svechnikov - Aho - Fast?
Coach sometimes throws line combinations into a blender (Fast is not typically on top line but has been lately).

Perhaps that what you saw or they were in the middle of a line change/or off a PP.

To answer your question bunting has played “2nd line” with Necas and Drury (RBA doesn’t assign tags to different lines)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad