Line Combos: Internal Fix

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Object is to fix the Oilers issues from within the system.
No UFAs, no Juniors, no KHL Oilers (ie no Nurse\Yakimov)

1. Identify issues
2. show how your lineup fixed them.

If one of your issue is the coach or the GM .. fix internally

best one gets a virtual KitKat

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Fire all management.

Let posters from HFOil manage and coach the team.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
President of Hockey Operations: Kelly Buchberger
Sr vice president of hockey operations:Frederic Chabot
GM: Billy Moores
Assistant GM:Mike Sillinger
Head coach:Scott Howson
Associate coach:Sylvain Rodrigue
Assistant coach:Myles Fee
Assistant coach:Steve Serdachny
Goaltending coach:Steve Smith
Goaltending consultant:Craig MacTavish
Skating and skills coach:Kevin Lowe
Video Coach:Rick Carriere
Sr Director of player development: Dallas Eakins
Director of player development:Rick Olczyk
Director of Coaching Development: Keith Acton

fysloc

Dec 23, 2011
President of Hockey Operations: Taylor Hall
Sr vice president of hockey operations:Taylor Hall
GM: Taylor Hall
Assistant GM:Taylor Hall
Head coach:Taylor Hall
Associate coach:Taylor Hall
Assistant coach:Taylor Hall
Assistant coach:Taylor Hall
Goaltending coach:Taylor Hall
Goaltending consultant:Taylor Hall
Skating and skills coach:Taylor Hall
Video Coach:Taylor Hall
Sr Director of player development:Taylor Hall
Director of player development:Taylor Hall

Yep, this is Hall's team.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
dallas_eakins.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

OK now does everyone understand what i am saying? do you know where i told you to go? DO you understand exactly what i want you to do?

ok good, now do the complete opposite because everything i have taught you is wrong

edit i am also staring at teh rink girl cleaning the ice, do they always look that bad?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
dallas_eakins.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

OK now does everyone understand what i am saying? do you know where i told you to go? DO you understand exactly what i want you to do?

ok good, now do the complete opposite because everything i have taught you is wrong

edit i am also staring at teh rink girl cleaning the ice, do they always look that bad?

also lol at Michael Cera peeking at Eakins clip board

*runs away*

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Hall - Gordon - Eberle
Gadzik - RNH - Yakupov
Perron - Hendricks - Hemsky
Smyth - Gagner - Arcobello

It simply is not working having the small skilled guys all slopped onto two lines. Even though I'm sticking guys with a lot less skill who are traditional 3rd and 4th liners throughout all lines I honestly think having a checking and or physical presence on every line is going to benefit the skilled guys. Hall and Eberle a pair, we want a guy to win face offs and play D at center. RNH and Yakupov, we want an enforcer type to ride shot gun on the line. I would not even view the lines as 1,2,3,4 I would end up spreading out ice time a lot more evenly.

Defense:

J. Schultz and Ference, tell ference he has to stay back and has to get his nose dirty, let J schultz have more freedom to do what he does best, rush the puck, skate it out of our end, jump into the offense.

Marincin and N Schultz play together, Petry and Belov. I would also call up Klefbom as soon as he can play and start playing him at the NHL level. I could care less if he has 'earned it' or not. A lot of his contemporaries are in the NHL now and our AHL team is low on talent.

Choose one of the two goalies and play the guy many games in a row, forget this back and forth nonsense.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Issues:
No D awareness on the top line.
No size in top 6

Hall-Gordon-J.Schultz
Perron-Nuge-Hemsky
Jones-Arcobello-Eberle
Gazdic-Gagner-Hendricks

Yak down to AHL

Schultz and Hall have clicked many times.. Time to see if Schultz can play up for a stretch of games.

Perron-Nuge-Hemsky are all good defensively and as a unit should produce..

Jones of last game is something we need more of in top 9. Ebs can be the quiet sniper playing soft minutes.

Yakupov to spend remaining of the season down in OKC... Bring in Yakimov and possibly Slepychev to AHL next season and have Yak start the season again in AHL til he becomes reliable. Nelson can fix him im sure.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Issues:
No size in top 6

Hall-Gordon-J.Schultz
Perron-Nuge-Hemsky
Jones-Arcobello-Eberle
Gazdic-Gagner-Hendricks

Yak down to AHL

Schultz and Hall have clicked many times.. Time to see if Schultz can play up for a stretch of games.

Jones of last game is something we need more of in top 9. Ebs can be the quiet sniper playing soft minutes.

Yakupov to spend remaining of the season down in OKC... Bring in Yakimov and possibly Slepychev to AHL next season and have Yak start the season again in AHL til he becomes reliable. Nelson can fix him im sure.
Schultz has always reminded me of a forward. Putting him up as a forward increases our forwards dplay cause for a forward he would be considered good defensively.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Flip everything around 180 degrees. Have them all chop the water and carry the wood instead.

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
After the trade Hendricks said that he was playing RW in Nashville, prefer to play centre. In Washington he played LW/centre.
Well guess what, our coach put him on RW. hmmmm go figure.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Oilers PP in 2013...34 goals on 169 chances in 48 games.
Oilers PP in 2013/2014... 30 goals on 168 chances in first 48 games.

this surprised me

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
After the trade Hendricks said that he was playing RW in Nashville, prefer to play centre. In Washington he played LW/centre.
Well guess what, our coach put him on RW. hmmmm go figure.

Eakins said he liked lines vs DAL so replaced Hemsky with Hendricks .. I am sure Hendricks would prefer 16mins of RW over 8mins of 4th line C duties...

Issue: PP

RNH at right boards has been useless .. Either have him at right point or left boards..

Unit 1: Hall-Gagner-Hemsky-J.Schultz - Petry

------( )----- Hall
---G-------------
-------------Hem-
-------------------
-Petry------------
----------J.Schultz----

Gagner sucks in general but I would rather have him than Eberle at that spot.
I would rather see Hemsky than Nuge on top unit.
No more 4.5 forwards on the top unit.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Issues:
No size in top 6

Hall-Gordon-J.Schultz
Perron-Nuge-Hemsky
Jones-Arcobello-Eberle
Gazdic-Gagner-Hendricks

Yak down to AHL

People really need to just drop this idea already. You talk about Eakins ruining his confidence? Imagine how his confidence would be if he was sent to the AHL. Everyone of our top players struggled at some point. People brought this idea up in Hall's first 10 games or so. They brought it up in Eberle's first 15 games or so in the 2011-2012 season. They brought it up with Nuge last year. Enough is enough. He's struggling in his sophomore year. This is not a new thing that just suddenly happened to Yakupov. Christ, educate yourselves. Why would we send Yak to the AHL when we have never done it to any of the others?

And wow, that idea of keeping him in the AHL to start next season is just ridiculous. Remember when we all thought sending Paajarvi to the AHL would be good for him?

So sick of that idea..

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
People really need to just drop this idea already. You talk about Eakins ruining his confidence? Imagine how his confidence would be if he was sent to the AHL. Everyone of our top players struggled at some point. People brought this idea up in Hall's first 10 games or so. They brought it up in Eberle's first 15 games or so in the 2011-2012 season. They brought it up with Nuge last year. Enough is enough. He's struggling in his sophomore year. This is not a new thing that just suddenly happened to Yakupov. Christ, educate yourselves. Why would we send Yak to the AHL when we have never done it to any of the others?

And wow, that idea of keeping him in the AHL to start next season is just ridiculous. Remember when we all thought sending Paajarvi to the AHL would be good for him?

So sick of that idea..

Who cares what his confidence will be like. There are glaring holes in his game that need fixing. On a good team he would be playing in Juniors. Do the Blues give a crap how Paajarvi feels for being scratched the first 10 games? Do they care how Ty Rattie is feeling down in AHL ? Yakupov needs to work on his game big time.. Getting away from the circus in Edmonton might actually be a good thing for him.

Either adjust your system so it is Skill friendly or send Yak down till he learns to play away from the puck.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Only fixes that might help:

- Fire Lowe, hire Messier as replacement (if it has to be internal).
- Send Eakins and his staff to OKC and bring up Todd Nelson and his staff

Still wouldn't help much, our team simply isn't good enough.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
After TDL lineup:

Hall - Gordon - Yakupov
Perron - RNH - Eberle
Joensuu - Hendricks - Pitlick
Horak - Lander - Gazdic

Gone are Hemsky, Gagner, Smyth, Arcobello, Jones

Ference - Petry
Gardiner -Schultz
Klefbom - Marincin

Gone are N.Schultz, Belov, Gardiner is the return on Gagner

Scrivens
Bachman

Gone is Bryzgalov

All UFA's traded for picks/prospects

Edit: Entire coaching staff fired at the end of the season.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Who cares what his confidence will be like. There are glaring holes in his game that need fixing. On a good team he would be playing in Juniors. Do the Blues give a crap how Paajarvi feels for being scratched the first 10 games? Do they care how Ty Rattie is feeling down in AHL ? Yakupov needs to work on his game big time.. Getting away from the circus in Edmonton might actually be a good thing for him.

Either adjust your system so it is Skill friendly or send Yak down till he learns to play away from the puck.

What does he need to work on? His defensive game? Guess what? Hall's is just as bad. On a good team, Yak wouldn't be exploited the way he is right now. He wouldn't be scrutinized for everything he does.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Rather see Yakupov go down to minors for 3 more yrs than trade him for James friggin Reimer as someone senile rumored out east.

The diff between Yak and Hall\Nuge\Ebs is that despite the struggles the others got prime minutes to work out the kinks in their game... Yak is not getting the same love here..

One can argue that the (big) kinks still exist in the games of Hall\Nuge and Ebs

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
What does he need to work on? His defensive game? Guess what? Hall's is just as bad. On a good team, Yak wouldn't be exploited the way he is right now. He wouldn't be scrutinized for everything he does.

How about offensive game... forechecking he is a fail, hitting he is meh, selfish with the puck with the Hemskian dangles.. Yak just looks lost and overwhelmed out there.

League worst +/- is not a small thing especially when he isnt going against top lines..

Not sure what to say if you dont think he needs to work on his game..

Hall, nuge , ebs are atleast putting up the points so it kinda masks most of the suckiness..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad