Post-Game Talk: Interesting

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Why would Babcock not play him? Its not like the Wings are playing well and have good chemistry atm.

Did i misunderstand Weiss and was he not healthy prior to that statement being made?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
have to free roster spot to activate weiss off IR.

waive someone or send jurco/mccollum down.

Obviously can't send McCollum down. We need a backup.

Cleary just got paid. Waive the man. Or Andersson. Or Lashoff. Or Kindl. I don't care we have 4 options and none of them would be claimed by any other team.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Cleary just got paid. Waive the man. Or Andersson. Or Lashoff. Or Kindl. I don't care we have 4 options and none of them would be claimed by any other team.

Weiss is going to stay on IR til someone gets hurt. Calling it now.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Weiss is going to stay on IR til someone gets hurt. Calling it now.

what a gong show. If we can't decide to jettison a 14th forward for a legit top9 forward when we're having trouble putting 2+ goals on the board, something is wrong with the thinking in the front office.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Why not put Howard on IR and activate Weiss?

Mrazek plays against Buffalo and howard can be activated for 27th december against Ottawa again, if he is healthy. he was injured on 19th december, so 20-21-22-23-24-25-26 is already 7 day short-term-IR minimum.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
what a gong show. If we can't decide to jettison a 14th forward for a legit top9 forward when we're having trouble putting 2+ goals on the board, something is wrong with the thinking in the front office.

It'll be even better next season when Babcock is brought back and requests Cleary comes with him.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
The Wings need to recalibrate their collective GPS. They're skating, they're getting open, they're getting chances, but they're just an inch there, a half a foot there, two degrees there off. Passes in the feet to wide open players.

They're playing well. Should be 4-2 or better in the last 6 games just by watching the flow of the games. But they're ever so slightly off. Nothing Earth shattering. They're not horrible. Just out of sync by a bit.

Defense is there. Effort is there. Chances. One big game to loosen them up. Just need a couple bounces to get the ball rolling.

Edit - Oh... and if they're going to randomly sit Andersson. Sit him for Pulkkinen. Cleary has his cash, he can GTFO now...
i haven't seen the most recent games, but that sounds like bad luck. earlier they were getting lucky.

edmundbenz

Mar 30, 2014
New Jersey
i haven't seen the most recent games, but that sounds like bad luck. earlier they were getting lucky.

So therefore, hockey is like being good luck and bad luck. We were playing better and outshot the Avs but they won the SO and we lost 6 or 7X in SO.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Why? He brought back Cleary and Quincey. I would say that phrase is still very relevant.

People have tried to get way too much mileage on a comment any GM would make. And it was like, what, three years ago?

Not to mention, Cleary's role has been thoroughly minimized and Quincey has looked a lot better and actually like a serviceable defenseman. Is there a lot to bash Kenny for? Definitely. But I've always thought that people's repeating of that phrase sarcastically was always silly, and I think it is even more strange to be using it now.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i'm not sure if he said he likes our team (i think babcock has come closer to saying that... i wonder why that wasn't brought up...). he did say that he's optimistic that we have potential to be a decent hockey club.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Kenneh likes his team. :facepalm:

And?

I like this team too.

They're the exact same team that was potting 4 GPG a couple weeks ago and that had the best PP in hockey. They have a bunch of young guys working their tails off. Players cool off after a while.

At season's end, we'll be in the playoffs and we'll be a dangerous opponent for whoever we play.

They're not making perfect decisions... but damn it, 35 games into the season, we're near the top of the NHL.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I thought we'd win a shootout when Howard wasn't in. I guess scoring goals is still needed, what a concept.

2 times we went to SOs without Howard, we won one and the other went to 9 rounds. While with Howard in net there is no need to finish 3 rounds.

Howard has to pull his act together, otherwise he is going to lose his job to Gustavsson and Mrazek soon.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
2 times we went to SOs without Howard, we won one and the other went to 9 rounds. While with Howard in net there is no need to finish 3 rounds.

Howard has to pull his act together, otherwise he is going to lose his job to Gustavsson and Mrazek soon.

What's the point of dragging it out 10 rounds if we're going to lose it anyway?

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada

Not trying to single your post out but I don't get these comments. Howard can stand on his head for 65 minutes and we end up losing 1-0 in a shootout. Doesn't that suggest that Howard was not the real issue. How are we scoring zero goals and blaming the goalie.

Should add that I like how aggressive Babcock got in the overtime sending 3 forwards out and creating tons of chances. You could tell the Av's were fine just sitting back and coasting to the skills competition.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The goalie with a .920 save percentage (and the fourth time in six years he's put up a .920+ sv percentage to boot) and a couple of shutouts is going to lose his spot because of the shootout? Not going to happen folks.

The focus should be on scoring more goals in regulation.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
What's the point of dragging it out 10 rounds if we're going to lose it anyway?
Mrazek is 1-1 in SOs. Howard's stat in SOs is not bad, it is scary bad.
Not trying to single your post out but I don't get these comments. Howard can stand on his head for 65 minutes and we end up losing 1-0 in a shootout. Doesn't that suggest that Howard was not the real issue. How are we scoring zero goals and blaming the goalie.

Should add that I like how aggressive Babcock got in the overtime sending 3 forwards out and creating tons of chances. You could tell the Av's were fine just sitting back and coasting to the skills competition.
You want to say that Howard has stolen a game for the Wings this season?
I do not remember Howard stealing a game this or last season.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
The goalie with a .920 save percentage (and the fourth time in six years he's put up a .920+ sv percentage to boot) and a couple of shutouts is going to lose his spot because of the shootout? Not going to happen folks.

The focus should be on scoring more goals in regulation.

He will not lose his job due to SOs. But what about his confidence?

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Mrazek is 1-1 in SOs. Howard's stat in SOs is not bad, it is scary bad.

You want to say that Howard has stolen a game for the Wings this season?
I do not remember Howard stealing a game this or last season.

Ok, but has he been losing us games. To me the team has lost the game by not supporting him and scoring any goals. When they were scoring we were winning.

I would guess if you asked the 18 other guys who are playing they will all say it was their fault not his.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Why not put Howard on IR and activate Weiss?

Mrazek plays against Buffalo and howard can be activated for 27th december against Ottawa again, if he is healthy. he was injured on 19th december, so 20-21-22-23-24-25-26 is already 7 day short-term-IR minimum.

Why? Howard is day to day, And from what I just read he could play tonight. The most logical is to send McCollum back down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad