Interesting Info: Part XVIII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Ryan Lambert still pissing on CBJ season with his midseason awards....

"JACK ADAMS
1 – Mike Sullivan, Pittsburgh Penguins
2 – Mike Babcock, Toronto Maple Leafs
3 – John Tortorella, Columbus Blue Jackets

Unlike John Tortorella, who everyone is going to pick in keeping with the Bad Coach Of Bad Team With Huge PDO corollary, Mike Sullivan actually just has the best team in hockey, and he has it humming along the way it has for 100 games at this point."

"BOLD PREDICTION FOR SECOND HALF
– Columbus falls apart around Game 65 and loses 10 of their last 17, and people act like they’re totally shocked and can’t believe this team didn’t shoot 11 percent all season."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-mi...layers-biggest-disappointments-140032336.html

Idk why anyone pays attention to this a$$-hat

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Just for perspective:

Year|Games|Wins|Losses|Ties|OT Loss|Points|Goals For|Goals Against
2001-02|82|22|47|8|5|57|164|255
2003-04|82|25|45|8|4|62|177|238
2016-17|41|29|8||4|62|138|91

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Ryan Lambert still pissing on CBJ season with his midseason awards....

"JACK ADAMS
1 – Mike Sullivan, Pittsburgh Penguins
2 – Mike Babcock, Toronto Maple Leafs
3 – John Tortorella, Columbus Blue Jackets

Unlike John Tortorella, who everyone is going to pick in keeping with the Bad Coach Of Bad Team With Huge PDO corollary, Mike Sullivan actually just has the best team in hockey, and he has it humming along the way it has for 100 games at this point."

"BOLD PREDICTION FOR SECOND HALF
– Columbus falls apart around Game 65 and loses 10 of their last 17, and people act like they’re totally shocked and can’t believe this team didn’t shoot 11 percent all season."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-mi...layers-biggest-disappointments-140032336.html

Didn't click the link because I'm not giving this guy clicks anymore.

LOL at "BOLD". That's not a bold prediction at all when that's what he's been saying since all season. The only difference now is we're going to fall apart around game 65. I think he previously said we were going to fall apart around thanksgiving, and then Christmas etc etc.

PDO is a dumb stat with which to base your entire opinion of a team.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
From Ryan Lambert:

"JACK ADAMS
Unlike John Tortorella, .............. Mike Sullivan actually just has the best team in hockey, and he has it humming along the way it has for 100 games at this point."

When I was young, I flew in the co-pilot seat with a person that had their private pilot license. He let me hold the stick and rudder while aloft. It didn't take much to stay level and on course. I was an idiot and a screw-up, and this person let me fly the plane.

My role during take-off and landing was to shut up, watch, and don't touch a thing.

Oh.......P.S..........that "best team" is in 3rd place in the Metro.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Didn't click the link because I'm not giving this guy clicks anymore.

LOL at "BOLD". That's not a bold prediction at all when that's what he's been saying since all season. The only difference now is we're going to fall apart around game 65. I think he previously said we were going to fall apart around thanksgiving, and then Christmas etc etc.

PDO is a dumb stat with which to base your entire opinion of a team.

adding more to this because there's no evidence that the team is going to fall apart in the second half, especially when you consider that historically this era of Blue Jackets hockey has been strong finishers. Here's their second halves from the last 3 full seasons:

15-16: 19-17-5
14-15: 24-15-3
13-14: 25-13-3

Barring significant injuries I don't see how this team just falls apart for no reason. Even if they go 19-17-5 in the last 41 games (accomplished by a bad team with an AHL netminder, mind you) that's good enough for 48-26-9 which is 105 points. That's pretty good for a team who was supposed to be in the lottery.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Jackets are the first team to 30 wins, after being the first team to 60 points. Two more firsts for the franchise. I hope they continue to achieve firsts the rest of the year.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Read that Matt Calvert is a healthy scratch next game. I don't like it.

I agree, should be Gagner sitting instead. Calvert is too important to the PK. I didn't realize until last night that we climbed back up into the top-10 in that department until last night

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I see it either way, but it would be nice to see more from Calvert. He has been in a lull. Maybe this will give him a kick.

That and Hannikainen can do Calvert's job, and it's good to test him out.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Two out of 23 to 25 NHL head coaches are honest. You would not buy a car from these men.
I presume that English is not your first language, so here's a helpful clarification: someone being "honest" means that they say what they truly believe. This is distinct from someone saying something you personally agree with.

For example, I am being honest when I say that I believe Werenski to be a better prospect than Nutivaara. We disagree on that, and that's fine. That is not me being dishonest; that is me disagreeing with you.

Hope this helps!

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I presume that English is not your first language, so here's a helpful clarification: someone being "honest" means that they say what they truly believe. This is distinct from someone saying something you personally agree with.

Viski, you do not, hopefully, get to that level if you only coach outcomes.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Iltalehti's Kekäläinen story from 2,5 weeks ago.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/nhl/201701062200050076_nh.shtml

"Hännikäinen has been really good in the farm. I sturdily believe that he will be a regular at the NHL. Opportunity will present itself I am certain. There are not geezers with much better attitude. I have no doubt that he would not handle the job."

Of Nutivaara Kekäläinen has insider knowledge: Nutivaara would have played in the previous spring's World Championship team without him being injured at the SM-liiga play-offs.

"I had that kind of an itch that he had the chances to fit into our team. Besides fitting, he has been able to play on a really high level.

Nutivaara is a brave geezer who can play with his own strengths. There have been few mistakes but those have no effect on the play. For me that is a really good attribute. If you began to worry about mistakes nothing comes of your play.

Physically he is still quite raw but willingness to battle is still top notch."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad