Interesting Info: Part XVI (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Also, tomorrow is free food night for season ticket holders.

I got the puffiest parka I could find and I am wearing my cargo pants. I am not going to have to grocery shop for a week. I figure I can line my hood with plastic and put the Skyline in there

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Also, tomorrow is free food night for season ticket holders.

I got the puffiest parka I could find and I am wearing my cargo pants. I am not going to have to grocery shop for a week. I figure I can line my hood with plastic and put the Skyline in there

Just skip the middle man and put the Skyline in your pants

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Is this going to be a thing? I steadfastly refuse to do pushups.

Oh yeah?

Tell you what. Instead of using a gym floor or just a regular floor, imagine a mud pit...a really muddy pit. And face-down on top of the mud are a bunch of people who spent years repeatedly suggesting that Hemsky-for-Johansen was a good idea for Columbus. And your pushups are on their backs, meaning that every single pushup you do shoves one of those people face-down further into mud.

Do you still refuse to do pushups?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh yeah?

Tell you what. Instead of using a gym floor or just a regular floor, imagine a mud pit...a really muddy pit. And face-down on top of the mud are a bunch of people who spent years repeatedly suggesting that Hemsky-for-Johansen was a good idea for Columbus. And your pushups are on their backs, meaning that every single pushup you do shoves one of those people face-down further into mud.

Do you still refuse to do pushups?
I'd ask to substitute jumping jacks.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
And face-down on top of the mud are a bunch of people who spent years repeatedly suggesting that Hemsky-for-Johansen was a good idea for Columbus.

Those people must have been on my ignore list. All two of them. I guess years was both of them.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Early projections are for the salary cap to increase to $74.5 million for 2016-2017. Well, at the high-end.

Not to stray from the stimulating discussion of push-ups but this is interesting. It's a 5 % increase which will give the Jackets between 4.5- 5 mill of cap room to sign 2 D men and have a little cushion.

If i recall correctly at this time last year not many saw the cap ending where it did.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Torts was on Sirius NHL radio yesterday....I missed the beginning, but here is what I heard:

-RyJo wants to be better, knows he has to be better and is working towards getting there

-Loves Bob. Said that when Richards was fired, Bob was honest and said he felt responsible. That Bob has worked harder than any other player, that he is in awe of how hard he works.

-Says the staff in Lake Erie is doing a great job. Every player that they've had to call up has played well and been prepared. That once the team is healthy, they will have more options because some of the guys in the AHL will have proven that they can play in the NHL.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Torts was on Sirius NHL radio yesterday....I missed the beginning, but here is what I heard:

-RyJo wants to be better, knows he has to be better and is working towards getting there

-Loves Bob. Said that when Richards was fired, Bob was honest and said he felt responsible. That Bob has worked harder than any other player, that he is in awe of how hard he works.

-Says the staff in Lake Erie is doing a great job. Every player that they've had to call up has played well and been prepared. That once the team is healthy, they will have more options because some of the guys in the AHL will have proven that they can play in the NHL.

Thanks for the encouraging report!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Those people must have been on my ignore list. All two of them. I guess years was both of them.

You're thinking of the invaders. There was much, much more on the trade mains.

* * *​
With cleats on?

FIREdevil.gif

* * *​
Early projections are for the salary cap to increase to $74.5 million for 2016-2017. Well, at the high-end.

Given the state of the loonie, color me even more skeptical than that.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not to stray from the stimulating discussion of push-ups but this is interesting. It's a 5 % increase which will give the Jackets between 4.5- 5 mill of cap room to sign 2 D men and have a little cushion.

If i recall correctly at this time last year not many saw the cap ending where it did.

With respect to revamping the D, I'm not paying much attention to the cap number. We're just as likely to find a top D through other team's cap distress as we are through our own cap space. So it's a wash.

And the UFA market isn't going to be pretty. Having a spare $5m doesn't get you much. But hopefully it will grease the wheels for trades.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
With respect to revamping the D, I'm not paying much attention to the cap number. We're just as likely to find a top D through other team's cap distress as we are through our own cap space. So it's a wash.

And the UFA market isn't going to be pretty. Having a spare $5m doesn't get you much. But hopefully it will grease the wheels for trades.

I agree that we probably aren't going to sign 2 ufa's to upgrade the D but every dollar will help facilitate a trade.

And forget about upgrading. We have to sign 2 D for next year, 3 if you include Murray. After signing 2, if even for a mil a piece, that doesn't leave much especially if the cap doesn't rise the speculated 5%.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

How badly the Jackets got screwed by this really depends on how much of Torts salary Vancouver is paying. This is something that would be good to know and I'd like to see a reporter dig it up.

I believe Vancouver owed him $2 million a year for the next 3 years. Perhaps the Canucks picked up a majority of that contract with the incentive to them being the second round pick they get.

I'm not saying that losing a pick was great for the Jackets, but the addition of the pick may have allowed the deal to get done with some financial benefit to CBJ owners. If the second pick factored into the negotiations, I can see why the NHL isn't going to make this rule retroactive.

On the flip side, this is probably good news for Todd Richards in finding a job with new team over the next year and half.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
You're thinking of the invaders. There was much, much more on the trade mains.

Oh who cares about them. They aren't relevant to anything. What do we care about hockey fans across the world thinking we should have made an awful trade. Notice no ??

I thought we were discussing CBJ fans posting here.

cbjfan4life

Aug 2, 2005
rule 35....if there is somehow a way the cbj can be f#%ked by a rule or ruling in the NHL; is it just a question of when, not will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad