Post-Game Talk: Inter Squad 1 - Team Luongo def. Team Schneider - 2-1, also win in SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Hansen played very well in the FEL with Barkov. However, it was noted by Tampere fans that they were disappointed by Hansen, thinking he was more offensively talented than what he showed.. They noticed his "stones of hands". His playmaking abilities have gotten much better though.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Hansen played very well in the FEL with Barkov. However, it was noted by Tampere fans that they were disappointed by Hansen, thinking he was more offensively talented than what he showed.. They noticed his "stones of hands". His playmaking abilities have gotten much better though.

Is Hansen's title as the team's "best practice shooter" an actual testament to his potential or just a running joke?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
No i really understand this and thats what I am trying to say, i am giving thoughts to, what I am saying is creating a lineup based on a scrimmage i felt was reading to much into it, you do not.

Especially with your comment you dont start lapierre if he looks like this in camp with higgins and hansen.

I am basically saying this camp is way to short to make that decision. . The lapierre comment I just really did not agree with. He deserves a chance in games no matter what imo, given his excellent work here for 2 seasons, and mannys questionable eye condition and poor prior season. I also do not think ebbett would be an option over lapierre for the 3rd line, av wants a big checking line i assume like last year and I also feel lap is a superior player to ebbett.

Of course you are free to analyze the team how you wish as well.
That's fine. My biggest disagreement is that I don't think that not playing Lapierre with Higgins and Hansen is the same thing as not giving him a chance, and I also disagree that he should have that spot locked up "no matter what".

Also, by "no matter what", would you feel the same way if he played the same way after the first regular season game? I think Lappy is the type of player that should be shuffled back and forth depending on how he's clicking, personally.

HFCanucks

Jan 7, 2013
Is Hansen's title as the team's "best practice shooter" an actual testament to his potential or just a running joke?

He does have a good shot. Definitely picked a few corners this week. But so did Burrows and Hank. I don't think its a joke. Probably started because he sniped a few when all eyes were on him

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
How did JS look?

And I'm hearing that Connauton looked good as a winger?! Interesting...

HFCanucks

Jan 7, 2013
I though Schroeder played much better than Ebbett tonight. He was moving quickly and played pretty well positionally. Created some offence and really carried that line. Showed a little physicallity in the 2nd period finishing checks. Knocked down Edler.

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
My whole section was excited about whoever 61 was. He could skate well and I didn't notice him in the defensive zone. I just thought he skated well and showed a lot more than Volpatti. Looked big and strong. May seem like a small thing but he hustled out there. Even hustled to the bench for changes. In a scrimmage.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
My whole section was excited about whoever 61 was. He could skate well and I didn't notice him in the defensive zone. I just thought he skated well and showed a lot more than Volpatti. Looked big and strong. May seem like a small thing but he hustled out there. Even hustled to the bench for changes. In a scrimmage.

Connauton. He should honestly just play forward from now on.

Golden Boy

The Spy in Beantown
Mar 24, 2012
Currently Undercover

That was Knaut.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Sat at the very front next to Team Grey bench.

Great atmostphere and game today! Corrado gave me his stick after the game :D (small fangirl moment)

ZenMaster*

Had no Idea who 61 was because he continued to impress me so I looked at the roster card and it was Connauton :amazed:

Connauton looked big, stickhandled very well, and hustled hard. Very impressed by his performance.

StringerBell

Whenever I see Jason Garrison I'm reminded of Harry Ellis from "Die Hard"...anyone else?

MFW you made this comparison

harry-ellis-Hart-Bochner-die-hard.jpg

donut

Sep 5, 2012
We should try out Connaucton for our 4th line... Very impressed with him tonight. I liked Higgins too, acted very professional when in the box while my friend was chirping him and telling Higgins to marry his sister... HAHAH! Serious note, I really hope we can re-sign Edler.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
I'm confused with the reports on Kassian. Some say he looked solid, some say he looked like he was sluggish due to his back...

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone think Connauton can be successfully converted to a 2nd/3rd line forward?

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Hearing about Kassian's shootout goal I'm dying to know if anyone captured the stream.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
That's fine. My biggest disagreement is that I don't think that not playing Lapierre with Higgins and Hansen is the same thing as not giving him a chance, and I also disagree that he should have that spot locked up "no matter what".

Also, by "no matter what", would you feel the same way if he played the same way after the first regular season game? I think Lappy is the type of player that should be shuffled back and forth depending on how he's clicking, personally.

I would give him a few games, maybe 3-4, with the shortened season, he has earned that chance after loosing that spot during a very good 2011 playoff run, and also playing well in 2012.

If it was regular season I would give him a week or two.

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
edler/garrison will be a dynamic combo for vancouver. maybe garrison' is just what the doctor ordered for edler to finnally break out offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad