Post-Game Talk: Inter Squad 1 - Team Luongo def. Team Schneider - 2-1, also win in SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Anyone think Connauton can be successfully converted to a 2nd/3rd line forward?

A few people have mentioned it as a possibility, whereas a year ago practically no-one would've been talking about that idea.

It's hard to say though, because of what Arniel has (or hasn't, rather) done for his development so far on the Wolves. He appears to have stagnated this season under his coaching, but if a good teacher like MacTavish or somebody else came in he might start looking like a viable offensive D-man prospect again.

Defence will probably never be his strong suit but even his offense this year has regressed in the AHL. If that trend keeps up then he might actually be better served as a forward. He's played that position in the past and has the size, shot, grit and skating necessary to succeed up front.

So it could be viable, but if they're going to do it then they'd best do it soon, so as not to waste anymore time and hamper his development. He could always play the point again on PP's too if necessary. :laugh:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
This might have been answered already, but a few questions:

- Did Garrison play the right side at ES, or did Edler?

- Who looked better? Malhotra or Lapierre?

- Did Schroeder get any PP time? How did he look?

- What did Kassian do at ES?

Thanks.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Hansen and Higgins make their way in the NHL through hard work. Practice scrimmages probably aren't going to highlight that. Thet are a couple of guys I'm not worried about looking average in practice.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010

Thanks.

Edler played right Garrison left.

Dig back and check out what HFCanucks wrote. He had a pretty comprehensive post about player performances and impressions.

Lundface*

I'm confused with the reports on Kassian. Some say he looked solid, some say he looked like he was sluggish due to his back...

He had a poor outing. Constantly lost puck battles and looked lost at times. He did improve a bit as the game went along ( maybe his back loosened up) and he had a sick deke in the shootout.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
He had a poor outing. Constantly lost puck battles and looked lost at times. He did improve a bit as the game went along ( maybe his back loosened up) and he had a sick deke in the shootout.

He looked exactly like this was the case, I thought he was skating "gingerly" in the first period but skated with much more intent as the game went on.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
He looked exactly like this was the case, I thought he was skating "gingerly" in the first period but skated with much more intent as the game went on.

Hoping it's the bad back...ironically we already had a prospect who complained about his back and that didn't work out too well for us...*cough*rift*cough*

StringerBell

Thanks.

- Edler played right, looked like he was still getting used to it a bit.

- Malhotra played better but neither were overly noticeable with their play, although Lapierre was noticeable for being a giant on skates.

- Schroeder got 1 minute with Raymond and Kassian near the end of the second period. He looked pretty good.

- Kassian skated gingerly the whole night and made cutesie passes. Looked like his back was bothering him.

Nov 1, 2011
Had no Idea who 61 was because he continued to impress me so I looked at the roster card and it was Connauton :amazed:

Connauton looked big, stickhandled very well, and hustled hard. Very impressed by his performance.

100% agreed.

I kept thinking that #61 was playing great.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
He wasn't actually being serious, Raymond was shooting against Luongo and was the first shooter...fans were cheering Lu.
I wasn't joking, not sure how that would have been construed as a joke. Just passing along what I saw and heard.

In my section, there was a rain of boos, heard people heckling Raymond all night (saying he didnt deserve to be in the NHL, yelling at him when he fell and missed the net on that two on one, amongst other things) and they didn't cheer Lou prior to any other shoot out attempt.

NonBruinHatingCanuck

May 28, 2011
I wasn't joking, not sure how that would have been construed as a joke. Just passing along what I saw and heard.

In my section, there was a rain of boos, heard people heckling Raymond all night (saying he didnt deserve to be in the NHL, yelling at him when he fell and missed the net on that two on one, amongst other things) and they didn't cheer Lou prior to any other shoot out attempt.

i guess thats what happens when you give away free tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad