Injury Report: Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
From Pat Leonard
The most recent update on Marc Staal’s condition comes from a story on NHL.com by Dan Rosen in which Staal’s brother, Eric, the Carolina Hurricanes captain, says: “They’re just waiting for the swelling to go down†in the area around Marc’s eye before making further determination on the extent of the injury.

Eric told Rosen that he spoke to Marc on Wednesday morning and “he sounded like he was in OK spirits, but we don’t know a lot right now. Obviously we’re saying prayers and hoping he dodged a bullet as far as being struck in that area. We’ll know more with some more tim.â€

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
He didn't say that.

"It's scary to see" "it made me sick to my stomach" etc. Sorry I didn't quote him word for word. That principle still remains. We went through this same ******** protocol with his concussion and its unfair to the fanbase

BarbaraAlphanse

"It's scary to see" "it made me sick to my stomach" etc. Sorry I didn't quote him word for word. That principle still remains. We went through this same ******** protocol with his concussion and its unfair to the fanbase

I was thinking about this last night. And my initial reaction was that it was unfair because of how invested many fans are in the team and the well being of the players. Its natural to want to know the reality of the situation, in any scenario. However, then I started thinking about how many things in the world are "in the know". We are left in the dark on so many day-to-day things, its a way of life. As entitled as I feel to know the extent of someones injury the organization is entitled to their privacy. It's just the nature of the business. I think its just something everyone needs to accept, injuries are not often discussed and thats just how its going to be. Nothing you or I can do about it so there is no use in voicing such angry sentiments about it and agitating yourself.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I was thinking about this last night. And my initial reaction was that it was unfair because of how invested many fans are in the team and the well being of the players. Its natural to want to know the reality of the situation, in any scenario. However, then I started thinking about how many things in the world are "in the know". We are left in the dark on so many day-to-day things, its a way of life. As entitled as I feel to know the extent of someones injury the organization is entitled to their privacy. It's just the nature of the business. I think its just something everyone needs to accept, injuries are not often discussed and thats just how its going to be. Nothing you or I can do about it so there is no use in voicing such angry sentiments about it and agitating yourself.

And I would completely agree if every other team did the same. I'd have no complaints if it was a league-wide formality. It's not.

BarbaraAlphanse

And I would completely agree if every other team did the same. I'd have no complaints if it was a league-wide formality. It's not.

You do have a point, but at the same time, again, there is nothing you or I can do about it. It may or may not be a ******** policy but its how they operate. No sense in working yourself up for something that is not in your control. At least thats how I look at it.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Being left in the dark about certain injuries, while annoying, is tolerable. Something of this magnitude, it would be nice to hear at the VERY least an "oh.. well he is doing ok but will probably be out for X amount of weeks/months". I don't know. Doesn't seem like that's too much to ask for.

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
I'm really hoping Staal is ok. I was in a full panic when I saw how much pain he was in on the ice but hearing reports that he didn't go to the hospital, I'll take that as a positive. I'm hoping he's back on the ice sooner rather than later, but sporting a visor

Blazephr

Jun 23, 2008
Vermont - NYC
Who is Nick Kypreos. Amazing. Every Ranger fan young and old should of at least watched the '94 cup run on DVD or something. Or at least read about it.

Kershaw

Jeez I even know who Nick Kypreos is and I wasn't even alive for 94....

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I wasn't watching the team in 1994, so I don't know him.

Out indefinitely is a crapshoot. That just means they don't have enough info yet to put a timeline on it.

I wasn't even alive in 1994 and I could probably tell you the entire 93-94 roster offhand, scratches and all. Mainly because MSG plays 1994 Rangers stuff every day there's a game on. :laugh: You learn it pretty fast after watching 1 billion 94 specials.

SickNice

Oct 7, 2005
Hoboken, NJ
Need to be fair here. The fact that Nick Kypreos used to play and many people know who he is (least on this board) doesn't mean the guy asking about his credibility is an idiot. It's a legit question in general, and especially with Kypreos.

This is a guy who accidently tweeted his frustrations when no other TSN analysts could confirm trade rumors he was hearing. This is a guy who got intoa shouting match with Doug MacLean on live radio about how to treat / evaluate 3/4 line players. This is a guy who falsely spread rumors that the health of Bruins' players druing the playoffs. This is a guy who falsely tweeted rumors that owners were calling players during the lockout due to an imminent end coming.

Fact is, I don't view Kypreos as a credible source. I'm happy his "news" is positive as it relates to Staal, but aside from that it's garbage. Just my two cents.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

The sooner you realize you're not entitled to a damn thing, the better off youll be.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
just wanted to send my prayers and hope Marc recovers and gets back into game action for you guys. Terrific hockey player. Blessings for his recovery

16 To Stanley*

LOL @ "is he credible?" This place is hilarious sometimes.

I know who he is, but I've heard him spout rumors that aren't true rather often.

I was 4 when the Rangers won the cup but i've watched there Stanley Cup run VHS about 3000 times.

People make so many assumptions from guys like this, even trautwig.

Until i hear definitives from either the team or someone like Gross/Zipay/Brooks and i don't mean speculation by them, I'll hold judgement.

Kyper is probably just saying stuff to keep people enticed, knowing that Staalsy is a hot topic right now.

16 To Stanley*

I really don't blame people who are young for not knowing him either. He only played 3 games in those 93-94 playoffs. People are making it seem like he was Kovalev or something.

I'd put him right up there with Eddie O. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad