Injury Report: Injury Thread '23-‘24 (Post 1 has current injury status)

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Points are meaningless right now. Get the farm team up to play the majority of the remaining games and have our horses sit until game 1.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
so basically confirmed McDavid has been playing with an injury all year

and if its not healed its gotta be an off season surgery thing. Damn.. i have no faith in the playoffs this year

haha, what? how did you get that information from a post that specifically said that its not the same thing from earlier in the year?

Likely won't hear anything specific about the injury at this point in the season. Just hope its nothing too serious, which it doesn't sound like it is (due to the fact that it sounds like he's a "game day decision" tomorrow).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
haha, what? how did you get that information from a post that specifically said that its not the same thing from earlier in the year?

Likely won't hear anything specific about the injury at this point in the season. Just hope its nothing too serious, which it doesn't sound like it is (due to the fact that it sounds like he's a "game day decision" tomorrow).
End of the day, it will be one of LA, LV, Nash in round 1 with Edm holding home ice.

It's a long flight to any of these cities (3 hours), with a time change.
Nash the best goalie of the trio. LV most dangerous offence. LA, can play tight D.

Just make sure it's not something that can get worse. But, if rest will help it, better to rest him for a couple of games.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
You’re reading a lot into that short statement.
McDavid seemed "off" all season. While I think he might have been gunning for 100 assists, his shot has been off when he tried. It was a precise laser last season. Who ultimately knows but I consider this an off year for him.

Oct 15, 2008

1712693943710.gif

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
McDavid seemed "off" all season. While I think he might have been gunning for 100 assists, his shot has been off when he tried. It was a precise laser last season. Who ultimately knows but I consider this an off year for him.
Sure.

But the poster is stating from that short statement that CMcD requires off season surgery and then doubles down to say he has no faith in this years playoffs as a result.

Peeps need to pump the brakes. There is NO factual evidence provided that he needs surgery and the playoffs haven’t even started.

This place is just cray at times.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
From the last play in Calgary, Coleman falls on McDavid's left leg while the leg is down prone on the ice. Just from that I'm guessing twisted ankle. Hopefully should be fine.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
Sure.

But the poster is stating from that short statement that CMcD requires off season surgery and then doubles down to say he has no faith in this years playoffs as a result.

Peeps need to pump the brakes. There is NO factual evidence provided that he needs surgery and the playoffs haven’t even started.

This place is just cray at times.
Yup I see. I have faith in Connor to make a sound decision and do the surgery on himself if needed....

mooseman7

Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
My Internet Certificate Of Medicine from Google University concurs. :nod:
I just ran into a" certain someone " at the airport, where I'm flying to work .He heading back to work as well..
His words are" he's absolutely fine" . "It's very minor" . I asked him why McDavid wasn't shooting this year, and he said ," I'll take 130 points any day"
I knew he lives here, but I've never run into him before ..
Nice man .
EVERYONE CAN RELAX... HES FINE

Reactions: sepHF

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I just ran into a" certain someone " at the airport, where I'm flying to work .He heading back to work as well..
His words are" he's absolutely fine" . "It's very minor" . I asked him why McDavid wasn't shooting this year, and he said ," I'll take 130 points any day"
I knew he lives here, but I've never run into him before ..
Nice man .
EVERYONE CAN RELAX... HES FINE
1712701099228.gif

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
No point playing him against Las Vegas but I do wanna see him hit 100 assists jus play him in the San Jose game and possibly the Arizona games

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
With McDavid out
This is obviously the truth. Likely both of our superstars have been dealing with injuries all season long.

Bouchard is healthy :thumbu:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
With McDavid out

This is obviously the truth. Likely both of our superstars have been dealing with injuries all season long.

Bouchard is healthy :thumbu:
Even Ekholm started banged up but he has either healed up or learned how to play within his injury limitations. It's a damn good thing that Ek, Bouch and Hyman have been healthy.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Even Ekholm started banged up but he has either healed up or learned how to play within his injury limitations. It's a damn good thing that Ek, Bouch and Hyman have been healthy.
This entire year has been one big fortunate no serious injury season. Ima gonna pay for saying this I’m sure but I think they can keep it rolling.

Reactions: oljimmy

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This entire year has been one big fortunate no serious injury season. Ima gonna pay for saying this I’m sure but I think they can keep it rolling.
I have to think that Connor has had something pretty serious to look off his shot so much. I doubt that he forgot how to shoot. I also don't remember him just leave defenders in the dust as much this season as he has every other year in his career. Drai also looked like bamby on skates in spite of typically being very strong on his skates. I don't think that either guy has been any better than 75-80% this season from the word go.

Reactions: sepHF and Duke74

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Realistically McDavid isn't going to catch Kucherov now as he's 9 pts behind and McDavid isn't healthy to start with as he's clearly been nursing something all season long. I think he'd honestly be close to 160 pts right now if he was healthy all season.

So now with this new injury on top... I'd be tempted to say just shut him down at this point... obviously let him get 100 assists and then shut it down so he can be as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
No point playing him against Las Vegas but I do wanna see him hit 100 assists jus play him in the San Jose game and possibly the Arizona games
I watched a good portion of Vegas vs Vancouver, it certainly seemed like Vegas was trying to injure Canucks players. Several suspect plays, notably trip on Zadrovov late in game and crosscheck to Pettersen

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
;)I watched a good portion of Vegas vs Vancouver, it certainly seemed like Vegas was trying to injure Canucks players. Several suspect plays, notably trip on Zadrovov late in game and crosscheck to Pettersen
Nah.

They wrre just trying to help them with cap space by freeing up room using LTIR. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad