Injury Report: Injury Thread '23-‘24 (Post 1 has current injury status)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Like a bunch of people have said, likely best to just shut him down until at least Monday's game against the Sharks, if not the Wednesday game against Arizona.

If he’s good to go vs the Canucks then play that one, the Sharks and then play one of the Arizona
Or Colorado games.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Carrick went down pretty heavily into the boards in (I think) the 3rd period there. Guessing that is what caused it.

Not good to have this many banged up players going into the playoffs. Hopefully the team isn't just chasing 1st place and is erring on the side of caution with these players by giving them games off to try and get more healthy.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Carrick went down pretty heavily into the boards in (I think) the 3rd period there. Guessing that is what caused it.

Not good to have this many banged up players going into the playoffs. Hopefully the team isn't just chasing 1st place and is erring on the side of caution with these players by giving them games off to try and get more healthy.

Sounds like it’s DTD stuff but who really knows. Ryan playing this weekend and maybe vs San Jose so Carrick can get into the mix maybe next week in the b2b.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
From mcdavid and coach updates, the poster who was saying he heard that it was a groin issue seems pretty accurate. Purely a guess of course, but it certainly checks the boxes

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Not exactly unexpected. I imagine its likely a little worse than they are letting on, as is usually the case, and if it is a groin (the rumor, no facts there) they obviously would want to be exceptionally careful with that.

I think at this point you just rest it until the playoffs and hope that he is close to 90%+ for the playoffs. Sucks, but is what it is.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I actually think it's the opposite, especially after seeing him practice on last nights telecast. I think he's fine or very close to it and he's just taking it easy before playoffs.

Reactions: Aerchon

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I actually think it's the opposite, especially after seeing him practice on last nights telecast. I think he's fine or very close to it and he's just taking it easy before playoffs.
McDavid is not a guy to miss games unless he has to. The fact that he wasn't out with the EN when looking for his 100th assist and at the time in the middle of the Art Ross race is very worrisome.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
McDavid is not a guy to miss games unless he has to. The fact that he wasn't out with the EN when looking for his 100th assist and at the time in the middle of the Art Ross race is very worrisome.

Yeah, he is clearly injured fairly badly and they are keeping it on the DL. Take a look at Knobs presser today, and everything about how he answers the questions is concerning. Looking like he won't be anywhere close to 100% for the playoffs at this point. Playoffs are only a week away now and if he can't play today, another week isn't going to change all that much really. Pretty terrible news all in all.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, he is clearly injured fairly badly and they are keeping it on the DL. Take a look at Knobs presser today, and everything about how he answers the questions is concerning. Looking like he won't be anywhere close to 100% for the playoffs at this point. Playoffs are only a week away now and if he can't play today, another week isn't going to change all that much really. Pretty terrible news all in all.
Do you ever get bored of assuming the worst?

If it was that bad he wouldn’t be skating at all

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Do you ever get bored of assuming the worst?

If it was that bad he wouldn’t be skating at all
I was very concerned... Strange indeed not out for the empty netter...

But he looked very good in practice. I suppose he still "could" be very injured but it seems unlikely while practicing difficult drills at full speed.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012

But he looked very good in practice. I suppose he still "could" be very injured but it seems unlikely while practicing difficult drills at full speed.
It's playoff time. Teams play mental games to throw off other teams, so who knows.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I have little doubt that he was hurt even at the All Star game and he still won the skills comp. Even at 70% or so he's still one of the best players in the league.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
1713116978422.png

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Could be his way to be like oh I don't care about reg season as a way to motivate the team or something? Who really knows. May as well try something different

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
The trophy hunting in the past got them no where. I'm liking the 'let's take it easy before playoffs start approach'. Let's see where that gets them this year.

I've been saying everything since pretty much game 60-65 has been meaningless. Maybe they are thinking the same thing. Cup is the only thing in mind this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad