Injury Report: Injury Thread '23-‘24 (Post 1 has current injury status)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That is a shitty injury for a guy coming off ACL surgery. Bad enough he's trying to get back to speed with a knee issue, but now add groin that is such a hit and miss injury to recover from.
Groin injuries can be really bad. I have a feeling he'll be out long term. Really unfortunate, because he seemed like he was finally starting to get up to speed. Now, it will be start from square one, whenever that is.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Day to day is more like week to week with the Oilers so expect to be back in late November taking till late Dec to hit his stride.

Reactions: TB12

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This sounds terrible, but in the back of my mind, I thought maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing for Brown to go on LTIR. One game short of the 10 game threshold where we get stuck paying him 4 million next year, and Ken Holland gets an extremely fortunate get out of jail free card to dismiss one of his blunders.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So unfortunate and he was starting to play well too.

I like Holloway a lot, but he does have an injury history, and from what I've seen, tends to play a little reckless. Sometimes like a chicken with the head cut off. It's great to see the energy and enthusiasm, but I think he needs to dial some of it back a bit and play a smarter more controlled game, both to find success and also for his general health.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
So who comes in? I think brown is ready for next game so gags probably moves down there

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Didn't he just lose an edge? How is that reckless?

Too bad. He probably won't be back until Feb/March

Reactions: nabob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Didn't he just lose an edge? How is that reckless?

Too bad. He probably won't be back until Feb/March
He did lose an edge but he's seemingly always going a million miles an hour and something bad is eventually going to happen. He really does spend a lot of time falling down.

Translation : I'm nearly ready to come back and make sure my bank account is filled next year.

Reactions: Duke74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad