Injury Report: Injury Thread '22-‘23 (Post 1 has current injury status)

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Honestly, I don't even consider Yammo some big important piece that is missing. Hope he gets better. If he can come back and produce, it will be a bonus. If not, oh well.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He may as well rest up and get back healthy because he wasn't playing well for us before leaving due to injury.

He has been injured since his crash into the boards. They are best to keep him out of the lineup until he is 110% ready because he demonstrated that he is ineffective when he is not healthy.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Joking around? After a loss like that? Waive them all!

/half of this board, probably

On a serious note, Campbell should be good to go one of the two New York starts, then

Hopefully he comes back dialled in and has fixed the flaws in his game. We need a goalie that can bail us out and like it or not, for all his flaws Mike Smith did that last year when he came back before he finally broke down vs Colorado.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Hopefully he comes back dialled in and has fixed the flaws in his game. We need a goalie that can bail us out and like it or not, for all his flaws Mike Smith did that last year when he came back before he finally broke down vs Colorado.

Mike Smith gets too much shit, IMO. He was done by the Colorado series, but the guy was good about half the time he played on this team which is pretty good for a 40 year old.

I think Campbell will end up being solid. Not sure when though. Hopefully sooner than later

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Is Yamamoto even still alive? Like what's going on with this dude? Did Gandalf show up and take him on an adventure or something?
I have a family member dealing with a concussion from a fall in June. At first there was no real concern. It actually took about a month for the full extent of this to really be clear. Nasty stuff!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If it's a concussion issue with Yamamoto, that's not really good news for him and the style he likes to play.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nope not at all. I think the Oilers have shut him down till he’s 110%.

Yeah the thing is you're never really 110% again after a concussion. You can be symptom free largely sure, but if you get hit hard again like that ... you're gonna be in big trouble.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
If it's a concussion issue with Yamamoto, that's not really good news for him and the style he likes to play.

This was always the concern with Yams. His size + playing style was always going to lead to this eventual outcome, it was just a matter of time. It is the risk you take in a contact sport. Hopefully he gets back soon though and doesn't have too many longer term effects.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
If it's a concussion he's out with, then I think the concern with Yamamoto is that he now has repeat concussions in a 6 month period.

The head shot that knocked him out of the playoffs, and now out again. One concussion is bad enough, multiple concussions in a single calendar year is much worse. Might turn out to be a lost year if he's struggling to recover.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If it's a concussion he's out with, then I think the concern with Yamamoto is that he now has repeat concussions in a 6 month period.

The head shot that knocked him out of the playoffs, and now out again. One concussion is bad enough, multiple concussions in a single calendar year is much worse. Might turn out to be a lost year if he's struggling to recover.

I think he may have been concussed in that preseason game and again when punched in the head by Hedman v Tampa.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
McLeod is a tough loss. I wonder if they move Holloway to center while McLeod is out or if they run Hamblin there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad