Injury Report: Injury Thread '21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Honestly, I don't put any stock into what the coaches say about Nurse either way. This time of year the "games" have already begun.
No doubt, the info will be limited and jaded. But as fans, I think we'll know once the playoffs start if he is affected or not.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oscar Klefbom - Summer surgery - Shoulder - Out for season, probable career ending.
Kyle Turris - Mar 9 - LTIR - Indefinite
Darnell Nurse - Apr 22 - LBI - On or near start of playoffs

Last edited:

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
So is Russell gonna be our #1 RD going into the playoffs?

giphy.gif

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
ugggg, that is not good news at all. Everybody was hopeful that they were just playing it safe/careful with Nurse, but it sounds like it is a legit injury that might push his availability past the start of the playoffs. Even if he is available, it sounds like he won't be anywhere near 100%.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
ugggg, that is not good news at all. Everybody was hopeful that they were just playing it safe/careful with Nurse, but it sounds like it is a legit injury that might push his availability past the start of the playoffs. Even if he is available, it sounds like he won't be anywhere near 100%.

Basically everyone else said it doesn’t look that bad. Gregor doesn’t know anything. If he’s right, it’s a coincidence

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
Little update from my end on Nurse. Word is that the team wants to play him against Vancouver on Friday if possible. Get him a little game pace going into playoffs. I expect that if he does go it will be reduced minutes. A “conditioning” game so to speak. Obviously this is dependant on how the affected leg is feeling but the vibe around it is good, at least from the source I have.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Not exactly great that Nurse hasn't even skated yet, and our first playoff game is Monday (in 4 days). Not getting good vibes that he'll be ready, or if he is ready he'll be anything close to healthy.

They will provide the maximum amount of time to recuperate until he needs to skate before the start of the playoffs. It’s not necessary to attempt to will the worst into reality, IMO.

It’s okay to be at peace with whatever the reality of the situation is, good or bad

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
They will provide the maximum amount of time to recuperate until he needs to skate before the start of the playoffs. It’s not necessary to attempt to will the worst into reality, IMO.

It’s okay to be at peace with whatever the reality of the situation is, good or bad

Well yeah, of course I'm at peace with it, can't control it at all obviously, so no use freaking out about it. I'm just saying it would be better if had skated by now, and the first game being so close likely means he won't be anywhere close to healthy, even if he does play. Not the end of the world or anything, I think we can still win the series without Nurse.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Well yeah, of course I'm at peace with it, can't control it at all obviously, so no use freaking out about it. I'm just saying it would be better if had skated by now, and the first game being so close likely means he won't be anywhere close to healthy, even if he does play. Not the end of the world or anything, I think we can still win the series without Nurse.
In this case I don't believe Nurse not skating indicates anything concerning. I could easily see them resting him completely even if he is ready to be skating.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
LA is missing Drew Doughty for months and we're complaining about missing Darnell Nurse for a week? First world problem. ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I'm detecting you're consuming Philosophy breakfast Cereal lately. I kind of approve. heh

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad