Injury Report: Injury Thread '21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oscar Klefbom - Summer surgery - Shoulder - Out for season, probable career ending.
Kyle Turris - Mar 9 - LTIR - Indefinite
Jesse Puljujarvi - Apr 22 - Non Covid illness - Day to day
Darnell Nurse - Apr 22 - LBI - Day to day

Last edited:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I guess we'll find something out soon enough. Likely not the whole truth, given how close the playoffs are though. Could just be maintenance, could be something much worse, we likely won't know truth until after the playoffs are over

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
How typical of this season...loosing our 1D the day we clinch.

With this 1 injury and assuming Nurse misses the next 4 games, I believe we'll have more Dmen games lost than Calgary has had the ENTIRE SEASON. It surely has been a pretty tough year for injuries for us. We were top 5 last I looked a couple weeks ago

Reactions: gordonhught

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Quick update on Nurse is that keeping him out is precautionary. He should be ready to go for round 1 playoffs.

From a hockey perspective I think we will be okay. Bouchard has taken a huge step and looks better and better the more responsibility is thrown at him. Keith-Ceci can eat significant minutes against top end guys from what I’ve seen. Keith had a tough game against Minnesota but since than he has been solid. We should round out the season fine even without Nurse.

DegeN9 posted this in the post game thread today for what it's worth. I believe they have gotten things in the past correct (Kane signing pending physical, Hyman injury, Nurse's earlier injury against the Jets back in November I think).

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
With this 1 injury and assuming Nurse misses the next 4 games, I believe we'll have more Dmen games lost than Calgary has had the ENTIRE SEASON. It surely has been a pretty tough year for injuries for us. We were top 5 last I looked a couple weeks ago
Oilers have had to endure a lot of adversity this year, and I think are becoming stronger because of it. Flames haven't had a speck of adversity so far this year, but will hopefully get their share soon.

NHLInjuryViz

Feb 12, 2020
Not quite, as the Flames had a recent surge (trickle) of absences on D to take them all the way up to 12

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Friedman seemed to think Nurse’s injury isn’t too serious.
Friedman is quite the story teller. I hope Nurse's injury isn't serious. I suspect you hope the Nurse injury isn't serious. There are posters on this forum who will swear up and down that other posters on this forum hope Nurse's injury is serious because of internalized reasons.

There are other posters on this forum who are offended when sleazy cock-a-doodle-doo journalists who don't give a shit about your interests are called dickheads because these posters are compelled to virtue signal about their disdain of rational. This public boasting about their lack of rational is the reason everything turns to shit. Look around you. What isn't shit? What can't be turned to shit with the power of public shaming? Yeah, I guess I want to win and don't want any more shit.

I suspect many Flames fans hope Nurse's injury is serious and are just as curious about a medical update as Oiler fans. Friedman needs to spin a narrative or they'll find some other less connected sleazebag else who will.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Friedman is quite the story teller. I hope Nurse's injury isn't serious. I suspect you hope the Nurse injury isn't serious. There are posters on this forum who will swear up and down that other posters on this forum hope Nurse's injury is serious because of internalized reasons.

There are other posters on this forum who are offended when sleazy cock-a-doodle-doo journalists who don't give a shit about your interests are called dickheads because these posters are compelled to virtue signal about their disdain of rational. This public boasting about their lack of rational is the reason everything turns to shit. Look around you. What isn't shit? What can't be turned to shit with the power of public shaming? Yeah, I guess I want to win and don't want any more shit.

I suspect many Flames fans hope Nurse's injury is serious and are just as curious about a medical update as Oiler fans. Friedman needs to spin a narrative or they'll find some other less connected sleazebag else who will.

There’s something wrong with you.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well the playoffs start next Monday or Tuesday for us, so Nurse would be out basically 10 days at that point. If he can't come back after 10 days then that is certainly something more in the "week to week" category than the "day to day" category. Again, we won't know the truth until our playoffs are over, because nobody tells the truth this time of year, lol

Reactions: Aerchon

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
To me, the "we'll see" comment in regards to whether Nurse is back for the playoffs, means that if he is available for the start of them, he will be playing hurt and less than 100 %.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad