Injury Report: Injury Talk 7.0: Price (knee/groin), Patches (shoulder), Pleks (groin), Prust (rib)

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Prust is gonna have MRI's tomorrow for his ribs and shoulder... If he needs shoulder surgery, do it Prust. I don't want to see that injury back next year, after your first fight! :(

Please, be healthy.

Doesn't even have to be a fight to hurt it again. It can just as easily be a hit or even a shot that wrecks things for him.... and us. If it's improved by surgery, you do it. He can only be a factor in our team's success when he's healthy, hope he makes the right choice.

void

Jan 5, 2006
@BWildeCTV:
So to recap: A guy who punctured his lung, another who put his rib back in, and a guy who lost 10 minutes of his life.

Tough playoff.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
But the question is: could he have played game 6 had there been one?

I highly doubt it.
He had yet to have any physical contact practice.. as far as I know. I think best would have been one or two weeks from now if he didn't have any symptoms

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
@BWildeCTV:
Lars Eller says he has no recollection of the 10 minutes of his life after the hit. Can't remember the hit or trying to get up - nothing.

Ugh he got knocked out cold...why would he remember? I've been knocked out before and it's surreal when you feel like you're in a dream and then you realize it's not a dream...crazy **** mang...

void

Jan 5, 2006
@BWildeCTV:
Gionta bicep. Pacioretty shoulder. Prust rib shoulder. Price knee. White lung. Bouillon finger. Eller brain.

And Emelin before.

Physical HABuse

Nov 3, 2002
Mississauga
Visit site
OK......to recap, in 5 games with Ottawa the following injuries occurred:

Prust - dislocated rib
Patches - separated shoulder
Bouillon - broken finger
Price - sprained MCL
White - punctured lung
Gionta - torn biceps
Eller - facial fractures

Now I know why MT didn't play Galchenyuk more. He wanted to keep him from being murdered. That's a bad run to say the least. How could you even predict all of that would happen?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Hockey players and athletes in "demanding sports" in general, like American football, etc are tough customers, playing through pain many others would wilt under. I myself cannot fathom just dealing with a separated shoulder or broken rib, much less play with one.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
@BWildeCTV:
Lars Eller says he has no recollection of the 10 minutes of his life after the hit. Can't remember the hit or trying to get up - nothing.

This doesn't say much... I've been out cold for about 1 day if you recollect all my head injuries:laugh: Still healthy... I think ?:laugh:

Made me think of this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWm0MbNaz-8

**** how come I still don't know how to inbed a youtube vid in here :shakehead

Copy/Paste everything after the = in the YT bracket.

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008

Prust - dislocated rib
Bouillon - broken finger
Price - sprained MCL
White - punctured lung
Gionta - torn biceps
Eller - facial fractures

Now I know why MT didn't play Galchenyuk more. He wanted to keep him from being murdered. That's a bad run to say the least. How could you even predict all of that would happen?

No excuses

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

Prust - dislocated rib
Bouillon - broken finger
Price - sprained MCL
White - punctured lung
Gionta - torn biceps
Eller - facial fractures

Completely destroyed by a team that isn't even that physical.

I feel ill.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
@BWildeCTV:
Gionta bicep. Pacioretty shoulder. Prust rib shoulder. Price knee. White lung. Bouillon finger. Eller brain.

And Emelin before.

Not that I'm wishing for injuries but hopefully Bergevin adds some pieces over the next few years that dish out the injuries. Being the team that always gets battered and hurt gets old.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Interesting that almost none of our injured players are small, other than Gionta. Most of our injured guys, Pacioretty, Emelin, Eller, Prust, Price, White, have size & strength. Their injuries didn't happen because they're small, or because we didn't have other big guys on the ice surrounding them. They just happened... and at the worst possible time, unfortunately.

Boston had a bunch of key injuries a few weeks earlier; Ottawa had them early in the season. What does that tell you - that those teams are just as soft, but have better timing?

Our roster was decimated. Don't mistake the team you saw with the team that earned 2nd place in the EC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad