Injury Report: Infirmary [Nugent-Hopkins Day-To-Day (Foot)]

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Pretty sure Eakins already stated that RNH twisted his back after being hit awkwardly in that Canuck game, which is why he's out now.

Stauffer did say briefly during Oilers Now today that he expected RNH to be back in the lineup tomorrow. Not sure if that's an educated guess on his part or not.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We have no idea what he is healing from. I can see him being out game to game for about 3 more games and then the fateful oilers owning up that he needs surgery or has a concussion. Just when you think the org can't look any worse that would be the topping.

Clearly he's healing from Oileritis. ;)

I guess the "good" news is that he's not on IR yet (like Fasth) and he has been skating.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
he told mact he wouldnt play for Geekins and mact said good we dont need you........turns out we are equally if not slightly worse with nuge.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
R.i.P R.N.H

From Oilers Twitter: Nuge will still remain with the team in a haunting role for the duration of the contract. Undecided if that will be as Zombie Nuge or ghost Nuge, but he is still very much part of the "process" according to Eakins. #oiler positives

NHLFAN82

Jul 15, 2014
It might not be a good sign that we don't have more information about his injury.

However, he did skate yesterday so I doubt it is a concussion or a wrecked shoulder if he was on the ice for the morning skate.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Maybe he realizes he can earn 6m from the pressbox rather than wasting 3 hours with the ice faries?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
If Fasth is out for a long time, I wonder if Bryz would be interested in signing with the team again. He was quite solid for us last year, behind a terrible defense. The defense is a bit better this year (at least on paper--maybe not in terms of coaching), so I think he would be at least as good as he was last season.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
When Fasth is ready, who is your #1 goalie?

Scrivens until Fasth takes over again.. It's going to be flip flopped all year whichever one is playing better. Scrivens is coming off 2nd star of the week so he's the guy right now.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Hall's injury looks similar to Stamkos and Jordan Staal leg injuries. Hope it is much less serious.

And of course HNIC is running with the injury prone Hall angle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad