GDT: "In The Running" • FLAT CAP FRENZY • Oct.9.2020 • 10 AM • SN / TSN

Which of these free agents do you want the Oilers to sign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I know Holland is a patient guy but you can’t have a second pairing of Russell-Larsson. You’re going to lose, a lot.

Free agency opened less than 24 hours ago. Not being impulsive and making dumbass moves like Treliving did today isn't necessarily being patient. Maybe hold the criticism about starting the season with Russell-Larson for a full day.

One thing I haven't heard with the Klefbom situation is how long he will be out? When the news of the injury was first announced the start date for the season was December 1st. Now it's January 1st and that doesn't look very likely.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Free agency opened less than 24 hours ago. Not being impulsive and making dumbass moves like Treliving did today isn't necessarily being patient. Maybe hold the criticism about starting the season with Russell-Larson for a full day.

One thing I haven't heard with the Klefbom situation is how long he will be out? When the news of the injury was first announced the start date for the season was December 1st. Now it's January 1st and that doesn't look very likely.

The problem is we don’t know. He’s trying to decide if he wants to go under the knife.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I’m guessing our offer was somewhere just north of 3M so that we would have space for a G. I think Barrie was the obvious choice for a guy who would be losing out on salary this FAF. We just have to hope nobody else panics as the options dry up and jumps in with a better offer.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Smith is coming back

tenor.gif

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Yikes that's a bad deal for Calgary. LOL

If you're looking to have a chuckle just head on over to capfriendly and check out the Flames roster with $6.4M in cap space left with only 16 players signed not including Mangiapane and Kylington who need new deals. Looks like Rinaldo, Robinson, Froese and Petrovic might get full-time gigs on the Flames next year.

Calgary Flames - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
One of them may force their way into the line-up you know. Happens somewhere every year.

Not saying its not possible. Its totally possible.

Just saying that right now there are 7 guys and a incoming ufa in front of him.
and that Holland likes to wait on prospects (thank god) till they are absolutely showing to be ready

Reactions: Kepler 186f

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
Not much love for Barrie around here eh, guy is going to bounce back.
If I'm signing a dman it's one that can play in all situations. Not Barrie. Now if Klefbom is going to be back and we can play Barrie as a #5, sign me up! But Barrie isn't the difference between a cup or no cup. So what's the point?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If I'm signing a dman it's one that can play in all situations. Not Barrie. Now if Klefbom is going to be back and we can play Barrie as a #5, sign me up! But Barrie isn't the difference between a cup or no cup. So what's the point?

We’re not winning a cup next year anyway

Reactions: nabob

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
If you couldn't get Markstrom for cheaper and shorter term and can't get Kuemper for less than a 1st round pick then waiting is best plan. Teams are getting their goalies and there are going to be more goalies left than desirable jobs open. Guys will realize that and have to take less to battle with Miko for playing time.

Overall, our team defense at even strength still scares me a lot. If our special teams regresses at all we may not be a playoff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad