Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Keeping Stastny should be seen as a requirement by all Avs fans. You finally have your proof that under a good coach he's still a 60-70 point center that we can use to ensure MacKinnon doesn't get put over his head whenever injuries hit.

He's also the most tenured Av we have, should be a franchiser imho.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Yeah, but he's past that stretch now, and we wouldn't be losing staz for him, we'd be swapping staz for pleks to bring in markov after staz had already intimated to patty and joe that he wanted to move on.

Staz said he wants to move on? Or under assumption if the trade were to go down?

I really don't see him wanting to go. Up and coming team coming out of the rebuild, in his prime, and finally getting good line mates. Unless we want him to go? I just don't see why he wouldn't want to sign with the team. I think the depth is a strength and I don't think he's to worried about points. We know what he's capable of and can pay him well to stay on board.

Can't blame him if he wants to cash in either. Look what Clarkson is making, and what he's done :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Staz said he wants to move on? Or under assumption if the trade were to go down?

I really don't see him wanting to go. Up and coming team coming out of the rebuild, in his prime, and finally getting good line mates. Unless we want him to go? I just don't see why he wouldn't want to sign with the team. I think the depth is a strength and I don't think he's to worried about points. We know what he's capable of and can pay him well to stay on board.

Can't blame him if he wants to cash in either. Look what Clarkson is making, and what he's done :laugh:

It was a hypothetical where he's privately let Patty know he's ready for a change.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No but going to Toronto to make crazy money while feeding Kessel for goal after goal as the #1 C on a playoff team could be appealing, or teaming up with Stewie again in his native St Louis, or after this hypothetical trade Montreal, could also be tempting. The avs have a very good pitch for him, but we're not the only taem that has reasons to think he'll sign on long term with us and he may decide that he wants to explore one of those other options.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
No but going to Toronto to make crazy money while feeding Kessel for goal after goal as the #1 C on a playoff team could be appealing, or teaming up with Stewie again in his native St Louis, or after this hypothetical trade Montreal, could also be tempting. The avs have a very good pitch for him, but we're not the only taem that has reasons to think he'll sign on long term with us and he may decide that he wants to explore one of those other options.

How on earth would Toronto be able to afford breaking the bank for Stastny?

The only really scary team is St. Louis. Stastny obviously has ties to STL, Stewie is there (with whom Stastny had obvious chemistry) and they are clearly a better team than the Avs.

I think it is between COL, STL and a random team that decides to completely break the bank for Stastny (WPG? NJD?)...

I just hope that our management is smart enough to get him under contract before the deadline or move him if it is clear that he wants to test UFA...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Rising cap + buyouts + cap-magic. I've learned to never doubt toronto's ability to open up tons of money to throw at FAs.

STL is the clear big threat, but I think Toronto should not be underestimated either. So I can see staz wanting a change, although I hope it doesn't happen and can see him wanting to stay as well.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There are plenty of reasons why Stastny *could* want to leave. Money, 1C role, go to a contender. Just depends what he wants, he has reasons to stay too. My theory is is the Avs are in the ballpark market price for him he stays. Would be nice to have it sorted out by the deadline but if the Avs have a realistic shot at the playoffs by then I can't see them moving him. With the way the cap is expected to go up and how teams abuse LTIR to create extra cap room there really are not as many financial restrictions as it seems out there.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
How on earth would Toronto be able to afford breaking the bank for Stastny?

The only really scary team is St. Louis. Stastny obviously has ties to STL, Stewie is there (with whom Stastny had obvious chemistry) and they are clearly a better team than the Avs.

I think it is between COL, STL and a random team that decides to completely break the bank for Stastny (WPG? NJD?)...

I just hope that our management is smart enough to get him under contract before the deadline or move him if it is clear that he wants to test UFA...

St. louis is a budget team. I don't know if they could afford Stastny without making moves.

Qurpiz

Nudes in profile
Nov 5, 2006
Not quite sure why I'm posting this but

Avs are knee deep in centers, however, somewhat lacking quality wingers which PIT needs. There's also some nice goalie prospects.

Avs fans in this board are going to want my head for this, but an unsigned RoR for Määttä +. After the **** RoR pulled last season I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

My post in this thread. I fear no reprisal.

Qurpiz

Nudes in profile
Nov 5, 2006
I'm saying it again, an unsigned Radar should be moved for a young hot-damn D prospect, I can't think of a better hot-damn D prospect than Määttä, or a proven relatively young top 2 D.

I did kind of sour on RoR after the stunt he pulled last season, and yes, a part of me wants the Avs to go full predatory on him just because of that, however I can't argue that he has all the makings of another Bergeron if not more.
Also, Ryan O'Reilly is a winger for the Colorado Avalanche.

At the moment, yes, but let's not kid ourselves, he's going to be traded as a center to most of the teams in the league

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I'm saying it again, an unsigned Radar should be moved for a young hot-damn D prospect, I can't think of a better hot-damn D prospect than Määttä, or a proven relatively young top 2 D.

I did kind of sour on RoR after the stunt he pulled last season, and yes, a part of me wants the Avs to go full predatory on him just because of that, however I can't argue that he has all the makings of another Bergeron if not more.

I'm not sure Maatta will become a first pairing guy. If we're really going to trade RoR for a young D prospect, let's target guys like Hampus Lindholm instead.

Seriously, I don't think Maatta is an elite prospect.

Qurpiz

Nudes in profile
Nov 5, 2006
Seriously, I don't think Maatta is an elite prospect.

I've been following on Määttä for the last 4 years, ever since he was playing in D-Team in Finnish 2nd league as 16 year old, he's been skyrocketing that whole time, and I'm not quite sure when will it end. That kid will be a rock-solid 2nd pairing guy in the least.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
better hot d-man prospect than maatta?

murray and rielly and that's just from the east. määttä looks poised and good out there, didn't think he would make nhl yet but i'd take those two easily over him.

and then there are many arguables and that's just from the east as i assume if radar is shipped, it's out to the east.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I did kind of sour on RoR after the stunt he pulled last season, and yes, a part of me wants the Avs to go full predatory on him just because of that,

Ah, the true reason for the ridiculous proposal. You hold silly grudges. Thanks for clearing that up for us, we can disregard your actual proposal now.

Qurpiz

Nudes in profile
Nov 5, 2006
Ah, the true reason for the ridiculous proposal. You hold silly grudges. Thanks for clearing that up for us, we can disregard your actual proposal now.

Yeah, **** me for that, right?

But does anyone think the Avs should just wait until summer to maybe get RoR signed?

I like Radar, I really do, but I don't see anything good coming out of having him unsigned, untraded after the deadline.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Actually, fans like you are the reason why players shouldn't care what so ever what the fans think. In one post, you say you want the Avs to "go full predatory" on him and teach him a lesson or some nonsense, yet in another post you say this:

If RoR signs a long extension tomorrow no way in hell he's traded out of Denver. I will fly in there personally and cling on to his leg, trust me I weigh enough to hold him down.

It's silly, over-the-top, fangirl type garbage.

Every player on the team and every member of the new management embraces O'Reilly. He's the one still here after last year's issues, not the guys who were on the other side of the table causing them. Looks like the Kroenkes chose a side. Of course, it's best to take the opinion of an emotional fan with zero understanding of anything that has transpired. That's always the right approach.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

But does anyone think the Avs should just wait until summer to maybe get RoR signed?

I like Radar, I really do, but I don't see anything good coming out of having him unsigned, untraded after the deadline.

Well nobody wants to be in that crappy situation again.
But... This trade sucks donkey balls.
If we move ROR (and I don't want to at all), we should get way better value in return.
Määttä is not even in the same stratosphere valuewise.

Qurpiz

Nudes in profile
Nov 5, 2006

Okay TPS, you're actuelly a poster who I really enjoy and respect around here, I'd like to hear your opinion on 2 things

1. What you think will happen with Radar
2. What you think the Avs should do come trade deadline if he's still unsigned

Me, I think and I hope he's re-signed well before, not going into terms and cap hits, but at the same time, if he's not I think he should be traded. Just think it's a whole lot of can of worms if that situation goes into off-season. The "full predatory" comment, yeah that was a hyperbole from my part.

I really didn't want this to go into name-calling, or worse, and I see no reason why it should go to that.

And there are bigger crimes than openly fan-boying a prospect in HFBoards, which I'm doing on Määttä.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Yes they should. If he's still unsigned at the deadline that's fine. He's not a UFA the avs have plenty of time to work out a long term deal with him. If we do have to trade him it'll be down the line, not at this deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad