IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT HFBOARDS - Please read!

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Used to be you could see the number of members and guests in a thread but it isn't shown now right off. Can we still get this ?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Is there a way to edit the code (link) in a post after its been published?

The text is visible, but not the code itself. Thanks.

Edit: Figured it out. Rich text editor. Code is displayed.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can someone please check the media function? I am unable to post any Facebook links.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
When you are on the smilies zone. It appears one with the popcorn and one with a green face at your right (his eyes move). So, I decide to click for the second smiley but it shows all the time this ugly one :)D) on my posts.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When you are on the smilies zone. It appears one with the popcorn and one with a green face at your right (his eyes move). So, I decide to click for the second smiley but it shows all the time this ugly one :)D) on my posts.

Green smiley is depicted in one form, comes out as another.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I will, right after this test. Here is what I see, when I post Facebook media link:

I can't see it. But, if you check my post, it's been embedded.

Looks fine on my end :dunno:

upload_2018-1-11_1-58-43.png

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

How come I can't see it on my screen? I see every other media that I embed save for Facebook. I can definitely see the link on your post, but still can't view it in mine.

Anyway, I've done as you asked, I started a thread in the support forum.

Reactions: Fenway

get25

Oct 17, 2015
I noticed that as well. It's like a Bergevin statement. Says one thing, but does another. The green smiley is offered as an option but when you click on it, you get the yellow one.
:D: seems to work for me.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sorry, I miswrote.

The smiley options contain this smiley:
22hdhu.jpg

But, when you click and post it, you get this: :D

Might have something to do with your Internet browser? I was using Firefox for a long time and recently switched to Opera and not having any issues at all. Not sure if this will solve your problem but if your out of options, it's worth a try

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
How come I can't see it on my screen? I see every other media that I embed save for Facebook. I can definitely see the link on your post, but still can't view it in mine.

Anyway, I've done as you asked, I started a thread in the support forum.

I can't see it neither

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
It's possible that I can transfer a thread into another one without the help of a Moderator.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's possible that I can transfer a thread into another one without the help of a Moderator.
Correct. That's the job of a moderator. You can PM us, or report the OP in the thread, explaining your request. Reports show up in the mods' to-do list and someone takes care of it.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Can someone explain why a post like the lounge thread is a sticky, when it is used multiple times a day when a more important, hockey related thread, like the injury update thread, gets lost pages back?

Reactions: groovejuice

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
And, joking aside, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I still can't see twitter posts.

But yeah, I'm using chrome, adblockers and no javascript. So I'm probably asking for it.

It's the no javascript that's causing the issue.

I did the same, otherwise the site was just unusable.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Our avatars have now become picture in picture. Do we really need a miniature reproduction of our avatars on every thread? And all that for what, just for us to know how many posts we made in a given thread? It's not information that most posters need or want and the PIP produces unnecessary clutter.

Would you please consider removing the gizmo? And if not, is there a way for us to hide the "feature"?

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Our avatars have now become picture in picture. Do we really need a miniature reproduction of our avatars on every thread? And all that for what, just for us to know how many posts we made in a given thread? It's not information that most posters need or want and the PIP produces unnecessary clutter.

Would you please consider removing the gizmo? And if not, is there a way for us to hide the "feature"?

I can tell you that this picture on picture option is very useful for the mods who are assigned to multiple sections.
And no i dont think there way to turn this option off individually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad