OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It's hard to really figure Fisher and Diallo into the equation, both are still several weeks away from even training with the team, let alone starting. I'm afraid we'll have to do with what we have at the moment, hopefully with Fanni back in action . The backs haven't pulled their weight lately, that's been a big part of the defensive woes. Lovitz and Duvall have to do way better, they can't always get bailed out by Piette and Taider, there's a limit to how much field they can cover defensively.

I agree, but I'm focusing more on the longterm at this point, that's why I even mentioned Fisher and Diallo. And then still...I have my reserves on those two, Diallo hasn't proven much AND has to come back from a severe injury. And then Fisher, how much more can he progress? Still no guarantees with no one in the squad ready to take over the CB position, besides Fanni, but he's 36 and strictly a short term fixture.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I agree, but I'm focusing more on the longterm at this point, that's why I even mentioned Fisher and Diallo. And then still...I have my reserves on those two, Diallo hasn't proven much AND has to come back from a severe injury. And then Fisher, how much more can he progress? Still no guarantees with no one in the squad ready to take over the CB position, besides Fanni, but he's 36 and strictly a short term fixture.
Defense comes down to a large degree to the coaching too, our staff has to do a better job of creating cohesion. There's still way too much space between the backfield and the midfield.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Defense comes down to a large degree to the coaching too, our staff has to do a better job of creating cohesion. There's still way too much space between the backfield and the midfield.

Yes, but it's also on how the team buys into playing for eachother and doing everything in their power to put their teammates in good situations, something that has been lacking for many years. I think Garde knows this since he's adamant about possession and structure, but the team has to have the will and also the confidence that having that mentality is the way to win. It's a culture, it's more than tactics. That's why leadership and quality is necessary and I'm not sure the impact has that yet.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I'm going full crazy and say 2-1 IMFC. Piatti and Edwards are the goalscorers and Villalba scores for Atlanta.

Tylers Dad

Registered Dad
Sep 12, 2013
Azeroth
Just realized Bush is leading the league in saves with 39 after 7 games.

Sean Johnson is second with 28 saves in 8 games.

That is something.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm gonna make a crazy prediction, 5 min before I leave for work, and go 1-0 IMFC, with Silva scoring . Go team, make me want to watch it when I get back home !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad