OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Chivas havent won since 1962 and they have a mediocre squad, typical Concacaf :laugh:

I was rooting for Toronto but this is too funny to not laugh

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I won't laugh too much because our teams are also **** but yeah, I'm happy they didn't win :)

Can you leave us have at least one night we can make fun of Toronto? We'll go back to our regularly scheduled program tomorrow when we start tearing our own teams down again.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Concacaf gotta take actions with dirty plays tho, in the CLs by Hiring foreign refs mainly. This is how we lost back in 2015 too, with an obvious red card on Oduro that wasn't called. I understand how most Central American refs would fear for their life but this is a straight up joke. This is how the worst team get to win every year. This is why Mexico can't get past R16 at every World Cup and why all of American nations despise them.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
Congrats to Chivas. Seemed to me like a very humble group that worked as a team. No real complainers and 100% mexican squad. Not sure how they suck in LigaMX but looked much better than Club America as a team.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I just knew Bradley would choke.

C'est particulier aux québécois en Amérique du Nord, oui. C'est un des effets secondaires du catolicisme, de ne pas aimer ceux qui réussissent.

Si tu veux dire que les Québécois (et j'imagine que tu parles des "Québécois de souche") sont particuliers en Amérique du Nord par rapport à leur héritage catholique, rapelles-toi que les Québecois sont une minorité si on parle de catholiques en Amérique du Nord. T'oublis le Mexique et les millions de catholiques aux USA et tout les migrants catholiques ici. Jsuis daccord pour dire qu'on voit ca dans plus dans les sociétés conservatrices ou traditionalistes, qui peuvent être de toutes sortes de croyances, mais rien de particulier au Québec.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I just knew Bradley would choke.

Si tu veux dire que les Québécois (et j'imagine que tu parles des "Québécois de souche") sont particuliers en Amérique du Nord par rapport à leur héritage catholique, rapelles-toi que les Québecois sont une minorité si on parle de catholiques en Amérique du Nord. T'oublis le Mexique et les millions de catholiques aux USA et tout les migrants catholiques ici. Jsuis daccord pour dire qu'on voit ca dans plus dans les sociétés conservatrices ou traditionalistes, qui peuvent être de toutes sortes de croyances, mais rien de particulier au Québec.

Ah on n'a pas le monopole du catolicisme, je sais ;). Tu as raison je faisais référence aux Québécois de descendance française, pas de tous les québécois. Je crois personellement par contre qu'au Québec on a un complexe face à la réussite d'un Québécois que les autres Canadiens / les États-Uniens / Le monde anglo-saxon n'ont pas face à la réussite. Pour le Mexique, je ne m'y connais pas assez et je serais bien humblement mal placé pour en juger alors que je n'y suis allé que deux semaines dans ma vie.

PS: Coudonc, est-tu Sociologue et tu ne me l'Avais pas dit? ;)

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

My guess is Nguyen, McNamara or RJ Allen but knowing this teeam they'd probably go for Ciani... I'd take Ola Kamara tho. It's with intra-league trade(s) we're gonna get instantly better.

Good news (for his career)

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Hoping for Nguyen. although defense has been the biggest issue by far.

I haven't watched last game but I believe we need a better passing game. We make too many bad passes that get easily intercepted and they just make us pay (I'm thinking about that Cabrera pass that lead to NYRB's first goal I believe). We can't pass to our forwards and we keep losing possession thus leading to counter-attacks all the time.

Well, we also need better defense too. I liked Duvall last year but I don't know why he's been so bad this season. I liked Lovitz early on this season but his last few games were so bad.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Our "fullbacks" are not real fullbacks, to me, that problem is just as important as the lack of a driving mid and a mean ass CF. Now, the CB situation ain't that much better, but hopefully Fanni comes back healthy, Fisher picks up where he left off and Diallo eventually proves to be the new leader in defense when he's back. At least in that regard, we can look at solutions from within. But the other issues, the solutions will have to come from outside.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Our "fullbacks" are not real fullbacks, to me, that problem is just as important as the lack of a driving mid and a mean ass CF. Now, the CB situation ain't that much better, but hopefully Fanni comes back healthy, Fisher picks up where he left off and Diallo eventually proves to be the new leader in defense when he's back. At least in that regard, we can look at solutions from within. But the other issues, the solutions will have to come from outside.
It's hard to really figure Fisher and Diallo into the equation, both are still several weeks away from even training with the team, let alone starting. I'm afraid we'll have to do with what we have at the moment, hopefully with Fanni back in action . The backs haven't pulled their weight lately, that's been a big part of the defensive woes. Lovitz and Duvall have to do way better, they can't always get bailed out by Piette and Taider, there's a limit to how much field they can cover defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino