I'm aboot to buy that Puljujärvi jersey eh (Europe)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Doesn't matter. "Bigger" player always owns the number and Pulju will likely be the guy.

A national team rookie sure as hell ain't gonna walk over the perennial workhorse and occasional assistant captain Komarov.

I mean look at how they make the junior player in the team collect the pucks after the practice in the Lions:

6f2d647e79644c1f9e8857e5b637b626.jpg

The intimidated looks just shout out that there is also a possibility that Mikko Koivu might shave their balls at some point.

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
A national team rookie sure as hell ain't gonna walk over the perennial workhorse and occasional assistant captain Komarov.

Just matter of when that happens. If I were as good as pulju (not implyfying anything lol), I wouldn't think a second what number Komarov and Pillu ect have in the NT when selecting my number in the NHL, with all due respect to NT regullars. He should select number he wants and thats it.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
If Puljujärvi isn't ready yet to play NHL Oilers can sign him for ELC and let him play in Oulun Kärpät.
Kärpät lost a lot their players after season 2015-2016 so there's big role waiting for Puljujärvi.
That will burn a year of Jesse's ELC but so what.

Far from a "so what," it's actually a big deal.

And I don't think it would burn a year off his ELC, isn't the condition 9 games in the NHL before the contract takes effect? So unless he plays 9 games before being sent back, the Oilers would be safe?

Plus in case he won't make it straight out the camp please send him to the minors instead of Finland. Lets him adjust to the NA game in the AHL which I think would be the underlying issue of him not making it in the first place.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

I mean look at how they make the junior player in the team collect the pucks after the practice in the Lions:

6f2d647e79644c1f9e8857e5b637b626.jpg

The intimidated looks just shout out that there is also a possibility that Mikko Koivu might shave their balls at some point.

Glad to see that they're training those Jr.'s how to play in the West here!!!

It'll do 'em good eh.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Glad to see that they're training those Jr.'s how to play in the West here!!!

It'll do 'em good eh.

Certainly. There's an interview of Laine's Halifaxian Tappara team mate Stephen Dixon, where he's laughing over the fact that they made Laine collect the pucks in Tappara too despite his being the best player in the team.

It's gonna happen to Pulju too should he be available to play in the WHC the next year, despite whatever he might possibly manage with McDavid this season before that.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Agreed. Seems to be a newfie thing.

It is not a Newfoundland thing. It's not a Canadian thing. Nobody says aboot except for the cast of This Hour has 22 minutes when they are doing a spoof in a Tim Horton's. And I mean nobody. I've never heard it once in actual conversation with a variety of accents in Canada. And I've driven this country east-west - west-east.

Last edited:

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
It is not a Newfoundland thing. It's not a Canadian thing. Nobody says aboot except for the cast of This Hour has 22 minutes when they are doing a spoof in a Tim Horton's. And I mean nobody. I've never heard it once in actual conversation with a variety of accents in Canada. And I've driven this country east-west - west-east.
You may haven't, but go to Europe and literally everyone makes fun of you for saying aboot even though you swear on your life you're saying about and not aboot.

It's the strangest thing

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
You may haven't, but go to Europe and literally everyone makes fun of you for saying aboot even though you swear on your life you're saying about and not aboot.

It's the strangest thing

I think it's a case where many Canadians pronounce it as something between aboot and about, and to someone in canada it just sounds like a normal natural "about" where as to our ears it comes off a little extra distinct.

kinda like how my accent is less heavy to myself than to people who arent as used to hearing it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad