TSN: Ilya Kovalchuk Staying in KHL for 2017-18 Season

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
IMO there is zero chance he goes to the Rangers. I am actually very surprised NJ would even entertain Columbus.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Columbus isn't really a rival as of yet. Both teams haven't really been good at the same time. I wouldn't mind playing against him for a couple of years. No Rangers deals though please unless it's a huge overpayment.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Most likely Columbus out of the three.

I say that because Toronto is going to have to need room for their young stars.
NYR can't fit him.
Columbus has the room, the connections and just seems like such the right fit for them at this point.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Because trading a dynamic player in the same division is a dicey proposition. If I were a devil's fan, I'd want him as far away as possible.

Ask Pacers fans what they think of that strategy. When you are making a trade, you should have only one interest. Getting the best trade for you that you can.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Because trading a dynamic player in the same division is a dicey proposition. If I were a devil's fan, I'd want him as far away as possible.

Devil are a rebuilding team, Kovalchuk is 34 years old...by the time the Devils are ready to compete Kovalchuk will be sipping brightly colored umbrella drinks on some tropical island full time.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If I'm Columbus I offer a B prospect and a conditional pick based on how the team does in the playoffs. They have a window to really take a shot at the Cup the next two years and should be all in.

Here's how I would base the conditions on the pick.

ECQF - 4th round
ECSF - 3rd round
ECF - 2nd Round
SCF - 1st round
I find this idea interesting and compelling.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Elliotte Friedman has already reported weeks ago about the Rangers not being interested. Kovalchuk should have never given up that contract in 2013.

25 million tax free for 4 years to play at home. Sounds like a pretty good reason to give up that contract.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Actually, CBJ sounds like the best fit on that list. Imagine Panarin feeding him on the PP? Good, deep forward group. Good young D group. Russian Vezina goalie.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
any team who is going to take on Kovalchuk is going to regret it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad