News and Blog Report: IIHF Worlds Oilers additions

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

McDavid, RNH, and Nurse suiting up for Canada so far. I believe Talbot's interested in going as well.

Oilers on other nation's rosters:
Germany: Leon Draisaitl
France : Yohann Auvitu
Sweden: Adam Larsson
Slovakia: Andrej Sekera.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nice to see Nurse going, though I'm a bit surprised heading into a major RFA offseason for him.

I also assume that

Nuge - McDavid - Schwartz

will be a line.

Reactions: Night Witch

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Yeah, I heard that Talbot said he was a bit too banged up to go, but I have no idea if he actually said that or what the source of that was.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I read a tweet that Bill Peters was going to keep Nuge and McDavid on the same line to start, just need to find them a RW.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I read a tweet that Bill Peters was going to keep Nuge and McDavid on the same line to start, just need to find them a RW.

MacKinnon on that line would be pretty sweet to see. Hurry up Nashville.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
This is going to be the 'what might have been' tournament for the oilers.

Eberle
Barzal
Beuvillier
Chabot

Reactions: Aerrol

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
This is more on the topic of the WCs in general, but I am looking forward to seeing how Dominik Kahun does on Draisaitl's line.

Kahun is a speedy 22 year old LW/C who starred at the Olympics and is a free agent this summer. He was rumored to be signing with Chicago after his season ends in about a week, but maybe he will hold out long enough to get a taste with Dr. Drai. Having Kahun and Aberg competing for a spot would be good for all three.

Reactions: Pointteen

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I am so glad Larsson changed his mind! Considering the reason why he declined (his mind not in the right place after his father passed) I think this is great news. Means (I hope) that he is in a 'relatively' good place when it comes to coping with his loss.
Good for him!

Obviously I cheer for Sweden anyway, but this time I'll cheer a bit more for that reason alone. Would be great to see him come out of this tournament with at least a shiny medal.

I am also looking very much forward to the McDavid show on big ice. SWE - CAN finals please!

Reactions: ujju2 and Aerrol

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Half the RFA thing and the other half I thought he might have an injury cause his game really fell off in the second half
He played a lot this year, and against top opp, maybe he was just bit worn down at the end. Being his age I bet a couple of weeks is enough to remedy that.
Great to see him going.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He played a lot this year, and against top opp, maybe he was just bit worn down at the end. Being his age I bet a couple of weeks is enough to remedy that.
Great to see him going.
His family loves to represent Canada proud.

Reactions: LaGu

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
His family loves to represent Canada proud.
Really pleased to see him going. Proud player and has plenty to learn and confidence to be built by playing with other top NHL talent and wearing the red leaf.

I have such high hopes for Nurse... smart kid... and an uber rare combo of strength and wheels on D.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Why the shock at the Nurse selection? I thought Nurse had a really good season overall. His skating ability on larger ice is an attractive asset too.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
unless something happens in the next few weeks this will be the first time in about 5 years I have not gone to the worlds. If there are any empty seats at the Canadian games you can blame the danes and how they sold they tickets. I realise Canada is not playing in the biggest arena---but a lot of guys who I know who go to the world could not get Canadian packages this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad