News and Blog Report: IIHF Worlds Oilers additions

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I bet Talbot declined that offer mere minutes after the puck dro-er, I mean, offer was extended
Well I don't get what the point of this is, but he declined because he said he was banged up and wanted to rest and feel better basically. You can check the interview if you're confused.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
if Talbot has hampering injuries I hope he takes the summer to get full recovery because the season is kind of dependent on him playing to his full ability.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
doughty, toffoli, carter, muzzin should all be packing and grabbing their passports

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Talked with one of the IIHF I know he said that a few countries got turned down because some players view it as a year end vacation for their families--while the Copenhagen teams have gotten mostly yes's--the Ones in Herning have gotten turned down by some players who wanted to bring their famies and realised--while Herning is a nice city-(I have never been there) but it is sort of out of the way and most people who go there do the city in 48 hours and then move on--this is what I got from danish people I know.
So a lot of things go into why players say no.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

hate the term Captain Canada in that tweet.
for starters, that's Ryan Smyth.
second, when I hear captain canada I think of a loser who never gets past the first round of the playoffs and has to play for canada over and over again.

hope this is the only time McDavid ever has to play in the worlds.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
hate the term Captain Canada in that tweet.
for starters, that's Ryan Smyth.
second, when I hear captain canada I think of a loser who never gets past the first round of the playoffs and has to play for canada over and over again.

hope this is the only time McDavid ever has to play in the worlds.

he played in Russia--2 years ago

so you mean I hope this is the last time he plays

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Why the shock at the Nurse selection? I thought Nurse had a really good season overall. His skating ability on larger ice is an attractive asset too.

A lot of his regular detractors have come out in full force after being proven very wrong for about 70 games this season. It's almost like he isn't completely ready to be a #1Dman and anchor a Dcore yet.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
A lot of his regular detractors have come out in full force after being proven very wrong for about 70 games this season. It's almost like he isn't completely ready to be a #1Dman and anchor a Dcore yet.
And then others were mostly shocked because he started really great this year and fell off really hard later in the season and recent play often dictates big tournament picks.

Reactions: McIce Whole

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Watching Canada vs Latvia now. It's funny to see McDavid play against KHL level comp, I've counted around a dozen scoring chances he's created through two periods. Also some great chemistry plays with Nuge.

Reactions: Aerrol

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
So Talbot is banged up and or hurt and this team plays him to death anyway even when they were done for months, same thing with klefbom. We have the dumbest people running this team that is possible.

This organization seems to want to keep that stupid, old culture around (ie. playing through injury unless your arm is falling off, or maybe if it even kind of is falling off. See Klefbom). Keeping Lowe, MacT and such around I think shows that. The team should be trying to move on from the past and try to create a new winning culture, and not be needlessly reminded of the good old days, and the Oilers of the 80s. This org. is just not very smartly run, IMO.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I think we will end up signing one player from this tournament, we haven't been shy about using this tournament as a scouting tool in the past e.g. Jan Hejda and Iiro Pakarinen.

Any other draft eligibles make their team besides Martin Kaut and Quinn Hughes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->