GDT: IIHF World Championships Thread

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Murray looked good (1s pair :P), so was PLD except for that awfull hit. Cam looked like he still has a jetlag.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I think that one can safely infer from watching this game that Tortorella had phoned Bill Zito to let him know that Sonny Milano is to not be playing at all even in a preliminary round game... All Tortorella's fault again :sarcasm:;)

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I think that one can safely infer from watching this game that Tortorella had phoned Bill Zito to let him know that Sonny Milano is to not be playing at all even in a preliminary round game... All Tortorella's fault again :sarcasm:;)
I mean, it's Jeff Blashill over there. :D If you're not over 30 you're not playing.:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: GoJackets1

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
IIHF Worlds 2018

International Ice Hockey Federation streamed the games on YouTube last year with English commentary. You could have watched the game with VPN (in example Finnish Freedome has five day trial available, otherwise VPN services cost around 20 euros a year) set in Netherlands for example. It is probably the same thing this time around or that is at least the way I thought to watch these.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
d4d509846900614.jpg

:yo:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
SO should be best of 5 in NHL

I just wanna highlight this as I've always thought this since the NHL started it. I'm not that old, but hockey (minor leagues/international) has always had 5 shooters, no? I cant think of any other time or league where 3 shooters was the norm.

There is 100% at least 4 people who 100% seriously believe this.

"Something, something CHECKING".... "Something, OFFENSE"......."Something, something, development, and GOALS"

Fire Torts

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I just wanna highlight this as I've always thought this since the NHL started it. I'm not that old, but hockey (minor leagues/international) has always had 5 shooters, no? I cant think of any other time or league where 3 shooters was the norm.

The ECHL went to best of 3 a few years ago. The AHL is also a 3 deal.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So, spintheblackcircle we are totally pushing for Balcers right? :D

He's exciting. Really has great hands, maybe found a diamond in Latvia. Sharks need to start replacing their old farts. Marleau is gone, Thornton soon, Pavs in a few years. They have to find a way to replenish their forwards without high picks. Tough to do.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The ECHL went to best of 3 a few years ago. The AHL is also a 3 deal.

Ya because of the NHL, right? I'm talking before. I know International hockey and the old UHL/CoHl "always" did 5 guys.

So really the question is why did the NHL go with 3 instead of 5?

Time difference is almost non existent (sub 5 min) and adding a couple more players, and shots/shooters in general, makes it less of a "toss up" or "gimmick", IMO. Actually when I think about it, 3 guys DOES seem to be too quick a lot of time, and I think actually decreases the excitement and the "legitimacy" of the actual shootout.

We see it less because of the change in # of players in the OT, but I'd like to see a GM or 2 ask for a vote to go from 3 to 5. Sorry with the somewhat OT.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Pierre goal per game Dubois, with his second against Korea.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00