IIHF WOMANS UNDER 18 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
On a funny note.. I keep saying it is very hard to beat a team twice in the same tournament. The only exception I had to that would be Canada and US who can easily beat anyone twice in woman's hockey. Canada beat us 8-1 early on in this tourney.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What is "Hockey is our game" in Czech?

1705175419129.png

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sounds like the Czechs have been a thorn to Canadian hockey this year.
The last month is unprecendented and some weird moon cycle or something. This has never happened before and will probably never happen again.lol

Never beat Canada in a playoff game at the Juniors... done
We rarely beat them at Spengler
To my knowledge, a Czech female team has never beaten a Canadian one at any level anywhere, ever. And for good reason.

Not sustainable but I'll enjoy it while I can before the inevitable ass kickings next year.haha

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So, we are in the finals against the US. My big observation (from the highlights) is that the US like to get the puck on net, jam away and get the rebound.

I'm not expecting a miracle and think US win comfortably.

We do have 2 things going for us..

1. we beat them in exhibition about 10 days agao.. and I NEVER use exhibition games as proof of anything but it might give them some confidence as, prior to that, I doubt we'd ever beaten them in an exhibition game either.

2. we just beat Canada and there might be some belief in the room.

Still, not expecting miracles and thrilled with the outcome regardless of a loss tomorrow.

Good luck US Ladies, you are better and worthy finalists. Hope we can be a nice pain in your ass though!

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
They beat them 8-1 six days ago.

Hockey is a weird sport. This is why we play best of 7s in the NHL and not single elim. It's the most random sport out there. A team can just get super unlucky and not score on 50 shots while another team can get 3 bounce goals and win. Happens a lot. The 'best team ever' in 2014 almost lost to Latvia in semis becaues of this.

Reactions: Czechboy

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So, we are in the finals against the US. My big observation (from the highlights) is that the US like to get the puck on net, jam away and get the rebound.

I'm not expecting a miracle and think US win comfortably.

We do have 2 things going for us..

1. we beat them in exhibition about 10 days agao.. and I NEVER use exhibition games as proof of anything but it might give them some confidence as, prior to that, I doubt we'd ever beaten them in an exhibition game either.

2. we just beat Canada and there might be some belief in the room.

Still, not expecting miracles and thrilled with the outcome regardless of a loss tomorrow.

Good luck US Ladies, you are better and worthy finalists. Hope we can be a nice pain in your ass though!
Back to back miracles would be pretty incredible, but I have to think near impossible from a statistical probability perspective.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Hockey is a weird sport. This is why we play best of 7s in the NHL and not single elim. It's the most random sport out there. A team can just get super unlucky and not score on 50 shots while another team can get 3 bounce goals and win. Happens a lot. The 'best team ever' in 2014 almost lost to Latvia in semis becaues of this.
True

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Back to back miracles would be pretty incredible, but I have to think near impossible from a statistical probability perspective.
Normally I'd say no chance...

Now I'm thinking 1 in 20.

But, that is a chance. Our goal is to ride a hot goalie and hope our one line can pop a few.
US just has to be US, roll the lines, steamroll us, get on PP, score and bulid a lead and watch us fall apart.

I'm not expecting a miracle but am thrilled they made it.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
They beat them 8-1 six days ago.

It was an extremely deceiving score and you'd think people would remember when Russia walked all over Canada in 2019 or the Czechs beating up Canada in 2023 before eventually being beat. This Czech team is a good team. They're not going to generate shots like Canada or the USA but volume of shots doesn't matter, only the quality and how well you finish. And the Czechs have some good finishers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3