IFHL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rework

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
Forgive the shouting, but: WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON???

We've been talking about a waiver draft - Protected list, can lose a max of 3 players, anyone taking one has to put him on their own protected list, ect.

Now, I look at the thread and I see a 10 round Dispersal Draft. Where did this come from? It's not in the rules and I don't remember any kind of poll or vote on this. I can not be available to work a draft for the rest of the summer. And I have no interest in reworking half my freakin' roster every season.... Especially this year for a NHL season that probably won't happen anyway....

Going back and reading some of the other posts, I get the feeling no one is too happy about this development. May I suggest we take some time to re-evaluate this massive change in the league rules? Maybe a vote is in order on this.

Last edited:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
rework said:
Forgive the shouting, but: WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON???

We've been talking about a waiver draft - Protected list, can lose a max of 3 players, anyone taking one has to put him on their own protected list, ect.

Now, I look at the thread and I see a 10 round Dispersal Draft. Where did this come from? It's not in the rules and I don't remember any kind of poll or vote on this. I can not be available to work a draft for the rest of the summer. And I have no interest in reworking half my freakin' roster every season.... Especially this year for a NHL season that probably won't happen anyway....

Going back and reading some of the other posts, I get the feeling no one is too happy about this development. May I suggest we take some time to re-evaluate this massive change in the league rules? Maybe a vote is in order on this.

Actually, we've been discussing this since IFHL was brought back. Its a way to help the new GMs get a better sense that they built their team. Granted not many good players are available for this draft but its a small sacrifice we can make for thanking them in their help to keep the league alive.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
*IFHL ANNOUNCEMENT*

Reminder guys, trade freeze goes into effect at Midnight PST tonight. So if ya got deals on the table get em done and sent in before then. During the freeze you can still talk deal but may not formally make trade announcements until the start of the Dispersal draft which is slated to begin at 9 am EST on the following Saturday. The reason for this freeze is so that I can arrange the rosters in an easier manner and post the unprotected list for guys that available to draft.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Trade freeze is now in effect. Only one deal that was made at the last minute

To Dallas: Tom Poti

To Pittsburgh: Cristobal Huet, Brian Pothier, Niclas Wallin

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Hero of Tragedy said: