IFHL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
This a place where you can post comments or suggestions for IFHL. Discuss how we can make it better and such. Right now, we are currently discussin on how to handle the upcoming waiver draft. How many players should each team be able to protect and in what kind of format. This is an open discussion for topics pertaining to IFHL tho so feel free add any.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I propose protection list of: 15 NHL players and 10 prospects (including 2004 draft) for everyone.

This will free up from each team 5 active players and 5 reserved players for the draft.

IMO, this is the fairest, since it allows the rebuilding teams to keep all the prospects they need. At the same time, it does not hurt the teams that are building to win now.

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
Dallas Flames Fan said:
I propose protection list of: 15 NHL players and 10 prospects (including 2004 draft) for everyone.

This will free up from each team 5 active players and 5 reserved players for the draft.

IMO, this is the fairest, since it allows the rebuilding teams to keep all the prospects they need. At the same time, it does not hurt the teams that are building to win now.

that seems fair. but what about guys like Bacashihua who is listed as a reserve player on my team yet is a prospect ? what # does he count against.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Malakian#13 said:
that seems fair. but what about guys like Bacashihua who is listed as a reserve player on my team yet is a prospect ? what # does he count against.

Hmm that does sound like a good idea...15 off the active and 10 off the reserve and farm.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003

I like the idea of protecting 15 roster players, however I don't think anyone who qualifies for the farm team (ie. prospects) should have to be exposed. How about protecting 15 rosters players along with each team must expose at least ten players to the waiver draft.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
FunkyChicken said:
I like the idea of protecting 15 roster players, however I don't think anyone who qualifies for the farm team (ie. prospects) should have to be exposed. How about protecting 15 rosters players along with each team must expose at least ten players to the waiver draft.

Yet another good idea...only expose 5 off active, 5 off farm and/or reserve

rework

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
Hero of Tragedy said:
Yet another good idea...only expose 5 off active, 5 off farm and/or reserve

I would not lump Reserve and Farm in the same category. On many teams these are drasticly different - Plus who defines what the "reserve" vs "active" is, mine changed a lot during the season due to injuries.

Also, we shouldn't say you have to expose X number of players, because that assumes you have all slot's filled. I'm probably the exception, but I think I had some unfilled slots on my farm. That means I would protect 5 and expose only 3 or 4. (Of course, I guess I could just sign some nobodies to expose...)

Lastly, and this is more of a roster issue, I thought we were going to do something to further allow for draft picks. One proposal I had made was to allow you to keep unlimited drafted players until such time as they sign a pro contract. This is much more like the NHL: Anyone playing in juniors or in European leagues should not count against you.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
not sure if this is the rught place to post this

memo to all GM's:
The Florida Panthers are making it known that the following players are available

Forwards
Ray Whitney
Jeff Halpern
Ethan Moreau
Matt Cullen
Dallas Drake
Chris Clark
Tom Kostopoulos
Defencemen
Nicklas Lidstrom
Mattias Ohlund
Goalies
Chris Osgood
Martin Biron

please PM me your offers. Thanks

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The following members of the Calgary Flames are available:

Geoff Sanderson
Brian Wilsie
Turner Stevenson
Shayne Corson
Sami Kapanen
Francis Bouillon
Igor Ulanov
B. Mezei
Martin Cibak
Jay Pandolfo
M. A Bernier
Kyle Brodziak
Andre Taratukhin
Andy Chiodo
Maxime Talbot
Patrick Brisebois
Dean McAmmond
R. Divis

All reasonable offers will be looked at.

Lurker

May 30, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to have a rule that a team cannot lose more than two players in total and not more than one from any position.

How about we do it like in the real NHL waiver draft (I think); if a team picks a player in the waiver draft that team would have to expose another of their protected players.

By the way, anyone know who won the IFHL playoffs? Any plans to figure that out before the rosters get screwed up? I'm asking since I think it's a good chance that I won it all this time... :D

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
I got some players available for 2nd round picks in either this years draft or next years draft preferrably this years.

Samuel Pahlsson
Aaron Miller
Matt Keith
Erik Rasmussen
David Steckel

Mack

Nov 5, 2002
Prince George, BC
I like these two... Samuel Pahlsson and Aaron Miller

heres my roster...

Forwards:
Satan - Sakic - Vyborny