NHL Entry Draft If Zadina falls to the Sens should they take him?

If Zadina falls the the Sens should they take him. Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There has been a lot of speculation surrounding Montreal possibly taking someone other than Zadina at 3. Most people in the Draft poll have us taking Tkachuk followed by Boqvist at 4 and the rest of the voting is spread out... We did not have the option for Zadina in that poll. I am wondering how many Sens fans that voted in that poll would have taken Zadina over their other choice.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I'd say yes but I'd also say that it depends what type of top six they're looking for long term. Zadina and Tkachuk will both have quite different impacts on play style I would think.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I'm glad that I'm not the GM, lots of talent to pick from... lots of pressure to hit a home run. The prospect of getting a top 6 natural goal scorer is too good to pass up imo.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
yes. Zadina is more likely to fill his potential than Bouchard or Dobson imo

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Someone might be really high on Zadina . I'd look to move down 2 or 3 spots then take Kotkaniemi. Maybe get a 2nd rounder out of it all.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Just some stats here related to our 1rst round drafting....

In the last 10 years we drafted

5 Centers
Shane Bowers
Logan Brown
Curtis Lazar
Colin White
Mika Zibanejad

4 Defensemen
Thomas Chabot
Cody Ceci
Jared Cowen
Erik Karlsson

2 Wingers
Stefan Noesen
Matt Puempel

I would not be surprised to see us grab a Dmen over Zadina.

Reactions: Newgates59

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I said yes, since I don't think the choice would be between the player I want(Dobson) and zadina anyway.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would be fine with Zadina if that is who they choose but I would prefer Tkachuk who I think is the kind of player you win with in the playoffs. Ottawa has a natural goal scorer in Hoffman & a number of people are ready to get rid of him. I also thought they drafted another natural goal scorer in Francois Perron out of the Q & most have given up on him. Tkachuk can do so many things well including play on the special teams & I doubt he will shy away from a rough game. Ottawa needs some playoff warriors.

If they decide on a defenceman I would hope it would be between Bouchard & Dobson but it could just as easily be one of the smaller Ds that they decide on which I'm not a fan of.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I would be fine with Zadina if that is who they choose but I would prefer Tkachuk who I think is the kind of player you win with in the playoffs. Ottawa has a natural goal scorer in Hoffman & a number of people are ready to get rid of him. I also thought they drafted another natural goal scorer in Francois Perron out of the Q & most have given up on him. Tkachuk can do so many things well including play on the special teams & I doubt he will shy away from a rough game. Ottawa needs some playoff warriors.

If they decide on a defenceman I would hope it would be between Bouchard & Dobson but it could just as easily be one of the smaller Ds that they decide on which I'm not a fan of.
Not surprised you pumped up gritty veteran Tkachuk. Very Steve Warne-esque

Reactions: jehkob

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not surprised you pumped up gritty veteran Tkachuk. Very Steve Warne-esque
Are you now dictating who we are suppose to like or not like on here? Can't people have a different opinion from yours? Or are we all suppose to like exactly the same players? I prefer to make up my own mind regardless of what the popular opinion is. IMO Tkachuk is the kind of player the Sens need especially in the playoffs more so than another finesse player & it matters little to me whether anyone agrees with me or not.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If Zadina fell to us, I would a the very least explore about moving back one or two spots in case Arizona or Detroit were so in love with him that they made us an offer we couldn't refuse.

I like Zadina, but maybe I like guys still available at 6oa in addition to a big ol' sweet trade return more.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Are you now dictating who we are suppose to like or not like on here? Can't people have a different opinion from yours? Or are we all suppose to like exactly the same players? I prefer to make up my own mind regardless of what the popular opinion is. IMO Tkachuk is the kind of player the Sens need especially in the playoffs more so than another finesse player & it matters little to me whether anyone agrees with me or not.
Definitely not here to dictate who you should and shouldn't like that's not my place.

Not sure why you're surprised about my opinion, which is different from yours, since as you stated everyone is entitled to feel differently about certain players.

Your constant repetitiveness of undermining 'finesse' players while pumping up players with less skill but are more 'grittier' makes it easier to call out your 'opinion'.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The problem with that is that if Zadina isn't our guy, then we have to be ok with another team picking our guy between 4th and whenever we pick. It's dangerous if we have a player that we definitely want.

I don't see us trading down unless we have a handful of guys who we have ranked the same and are ok with letting another team decide for us.

Definitely worth a listen though, but I don't imagine the reruns being very big to move up a few spots.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Zadina fell to us, I would a the very least explore about moving back one or two spots in case Arizona or Detroit were so in love with him that they made us an offer we couldn't refuse.

I like Zadina, but maybe I like guys still available at 6oa in addition to a big ol' sweet trade return more.

I'm a little curious as to what happened to acquiring the best players we can who are usually only available at the top end of the draft to build a much better team. People are always railing on me that this team needs more skill & the moment we have an opportunity to draft a highly skilled player a lot of people are talking about dropping down. I understand the opportunity of acquiring extra assets & potentially a 2nd rder unless of course you would prefer a defenceman. Is that correct?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Definitely not here to dictate who you should and shouldn't like that's not my place.

Not sure why you're surprised about my opinion, which is different from yours, since as you stated everyone is entitled to feel differently about certain players.

Your constant repetitiveness of undermining 'finesse' players while pumping up players with less skill but are more 'grittier' makes it easier to call out your 'opinion'.
Well I'll keep that in mind & whenever you mention something regarding a finesse player I'll call you out as well as someone who prefers one dimensional soft perimeter players. How's that?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Well I'll keep that in mind & whenever you mention something regarding a finesse player I'll call you out as well as someone who prefers one dimensional soft perimeter players. How's that?
Perfectly valid.

I don't solely like 'one dimensional soft perimeter players'. I think I'm pretty fair when it comes to criticizing players regardless of the type of game they play.

Reactions: Sensators

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm a little curious as to what happened to acquiring the best players we can who are usually only available at the top end of the draft to build a much better team.

1) you seem to be approaching this argument under the assumption that I am of the belief that "acquiring the best players we can who are usually only available at the top end of the draft" is a thing I'm known for saying... I can assure you, we have never had this debate before, and I'm not sure why you are directing this line of thought at me. That said...
2) every draft is different.
3) There's a lot of debate on the difference in impact guys in the 3-8 pick range will have in this draft. A lot of people's 3-8 picks are all over the place. It's hard to say exactly what this org, or any scout, believes.
4) clearly, I was not advocating downgrading from 4th overall to 6th overall without getting anything in return - the price someone is willing to pay to move up 2ish spots would have to be worth it for us, and therefore have significant value

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'd rather go defence honestly, although it would open up the opportunity for a trade back at that point. We definitely need to re-coup some picks and you'd assume there would be a team out there looking to trade up.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I'd rather go defence honestly, although it would open up the opportunity for a trade back at that point. We definitely need to re-coup some picks and you'd assume there would be a team out there looking to trade up.

Trade down from 22. Keep number 4.

Reactions: DJB

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Trade down from 22. Keep number 4.

2nvw64l.jpg

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
The problem with that is that if Zadina isn't our guy, then we have to be ok with another team picking our guy between 4th and whenever we pick. It's dangerous if we have a player that we definitely want.

I dont think it is a problem.
If they pick Zadina at 4th. It means he was the next best they put on there list.

Let's say there list is :
1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Tkachuk
4. Bouchard
5. Zadina

If all three of Tkachuk, Bouchard and Zadina are still here at 4 they are going to take the next which would be Tkachuk or Bouchard.

If they take Zadina, it means he was the best remaining player on their list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad