NBA Suns hiring Frank Vogel

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
interesting hire

are KD/paul/booker going to be willing focus more on defense? because if not, it'll be a disaster. vogel's a great coach when he can get his guys to buy in to his defense-first philosophy. just not sure if those guys will be willing to do so

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Budenholzer gonna wait out until next season

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Durant is organizing palace coup against another coach.

Correct me if I am wrong but was it not Durant who forced organization to fire Williams last summer?

Also, Suns management set him up to fail

At this point Vogel should be hoping he gets fired and out of this horrible situation

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
interesting hire

are KD/paul/booker going to be willing focus more on defense? because if not, it'll be a disaster. vogel's a great coach when he can get his guys to buy in to his defense-first philosophy. just not sure if those guys will be willing to do so
well, it was a disaster

Reactions: Voight

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Both the FO and Vogel areto blame, but the FO takes the cake

What were they thinking? 3 scorers? yeah that's toooootally balanced, and on top of that they are stuck with big contracts

Oh yeah and they are f***ed in the draft for the next 5 years

Not excusing Vogel though; KD-Book-Beal taking turns on iso offense instead of movement is a recipe for disaster, and there were too many midrange shots

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They gonna get another shot at Budenholzer

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Both the FO and Vogel areto blame, but the FO takes the cake

What were they thinking? 3 scorers? yeah that's toooootally balanced, and on top of that they are stuck with big contracts

Oh yeah and they are f***ed in the draft for the next 5 years

Not excusing Vogel though; KD-Book-Beal taking turns on iso offense instead of movement is a recipe for disaster, and there were too many midrange shots

That's what happens when you have guys like James Jones running basketball ops. You need to have a seasoned executive in situations like this.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
That's what happens when you have guys like James Jones running basketball ops. You need to have a seasoned executive in situations like this.
What drives me nuts is Matty Ish think there is no value in draft picks. Teams will be getting younger and faster while the suns shovel out dollars to star players looking for a place to get paid and end their career. I don't think we will get past the 1st round with building a team like that.

The owner needs to step away from team building and hire a proven GM.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What drives me nuts is Matty Ish think there is no value in draft picks. Teams will be getting younger and faster while the suns shovel out dollars to star players looking for a place to get paid and end their career. I don't think we will get past the 1st round with building a team like that.

The owner needs to step away from team building and hire a proven GM.

That's exactly how you end up with a country club atmosphere (not saying that's the Suns right now, but could be in the future).

Ishbia seems like a very hands on owner and while that's his right, history tells us that would do more bad than good.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
That's exactly how you end up with a country club atmosphere (not saying that's the Suns right now, but could be in the future).

Ishbia seems like a very hands on owner and while that's his right, history tells us that would do more bad than good.
I was sour about the KD trade because Bridges is on the rise but I could look past it. Really disliked the Bradly Beal trade because I feel they pulled the trigger on that too quickly. Should have help where they were and seen how it played out then looked to shop at the dead line. The only trade I really liked was shipping "Dominayton" to Portland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad