If you're a center, what 2 of any Wingers of any era would you want as linemates?

pirate94

Mar 18, 2010
As a center, i'd take the duo of Gordie Howe and Bobby Hull.

Gordie can work the corners and Bobby can punish goalies with the slapshot.

My secondary would be Lafleur on RW and Lindsay on LW

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Ovechkin and Makarov for me. (to enjoy it to the fullest)
Lindsay and Howe (the most effective combo)

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
right wing Howe but on left wing Im torn between Lindsay/Shanahan/Robitaille/Hull.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Gordie Howe and Mike Bossy.

Howe will win every battle in the corner and is capable of scoring any type of goal.

Bossy is the best pure sniper on the wing of all-time. You put the puck on his stick and it's in the net.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Not enough puck to go around for both Bobby Hull and Gordie Howe. I think they'd have horrible chemistry on the same line.

I'd take Lindsay and Howe - who wouldn't want to center the Production Line?

Bonus points in that they would protect my weak ass. :laugh:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'll take Gainey and Lehtinen. Somebody has to take care of the back end while I'm cherry picking.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
I'd just put the puck on Lafleur's stick from our d-zone, and he'd take care of the rest. I'd end up with a couple of assists over the season.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Howe and Lindsay is the most reasonable choice. Howe will play defence, control the puck, set up plays, finish plays and defend his centre with fists and elbows. Lindsay clearly works well with Howe, is a great player in his own right and will do his part to keep his centre healthy as well, which is my main concern. Howe and Messier would also work well.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Well, I would love it if Howe could play the left side.

If that were possible, I would go with Howe - ME - Richard.

I would also love, Bill Cook - ME - Bun Cook. Imagine replacing Frank Boucher on the Bread Line.

If I'm going purely based on sentiment, I'd go Vanek - ME - Howe.

You can't really go wrong with Hull - ME - Howe/Richard either.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Bossy + Jagr

I wouldn't have to do anything but be defensively responsible, and I could put up 60 points by accident... The Brendan Morrison of my line, if you will.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Gordie Howe and Mike Bossy.

Howe will win every battle in the corner and is capable of scoring any type of goal.

Bossy is the best pure sniper on the wing of all-time. You put the puck on his stick and it's in the net.

These are my 1st line guys as well but just for pure fun and enjoyment I would like to have motivated Bure and Mogilny on my line.

Dalton

Aug 26, 2009
Ho Chi Minh City
Bobby Hull and Gordie Howe

Strong, tough, complete players. I'd take Lemieux over Hull but I'd guess he didn't play LW enough to qualify.

Moridin

Apr 8, 2007
I'm also leaning towards Jagr & Bossy. A center with hands of stone could be a ppg player with those two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad