Salary Cap: If we do trade *blank* what do we want for him?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Sharp for galchenyuk/Jenner/Nelson

Seabrook for klefbom/Murray

Bickell for pick/prospect

Who will go and what for?

-I think we will just have to trade bickell

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Versteeg for a legitimate bottom 6 guy with grit. I'm dreaming though. I'll take a draft pick for him. Any draft pick.

Clendening for same.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sharp+Kane +Seabrook+TT +Raanta + 2016 1st for McDavid. ..let us rAnd of course e-structure this Country Club mess Q has tolerated. Clears lots of can room to go after free agents whowill wAnd ork and score...And finally we will have our 1-2 punch at 1C and 2C..How could Buffalo refuse? But assuming they even get the #1 in the lotto win, imagine how our vaunted "talent" would be a humiliation for our top brass if Buffalo said NO to that blockbuster offer..Quell embarrassment!

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011
Other than Bickell I would really not want to trade anyone. If Bickell can play 50% in his games I would be happy but he has proven lazy and can't put any consistency in the regular season.

Sharp, Seabrook I think wouldn't get what we want and they are to valuable to us to lose for lesser players right now without viable replacements.

I could be wrong but my take on things.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If we trade anybody for the cap crunch, we're going to do so on the cheap side to save money and build for the future. In other words, we probably won't trade anyone for a player that we know of already, but rather picks/prospects

Last edited:

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
There was a thread in the trade forum that proposed Tatar+Dekeyser for Seabrook. I wouldn't do it during this season, but if we have to move a big contract, that would be really good value for Seabs.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
No way we should trade Seabrook. Bickel for a fifth :)

Diggin' the Lou Reed avatar man!

Bowman doesn't trade parts of the core. Simply doesn't happen. There's a lot of fat on the roster that can be traded away before Sharp/Seabrook/Crawford are shown the door.

Group 1: These guys are certainly NOT a part of our core or absolutely crucial to our team's long term success. They can and will be replaced IMO.

Versteeg
Bickell
Rozsival
Richards
Oduya

Group 2: These are the guys it would be nice to keep but if push comes to shove they are also replaceable.

Shaw
Kruger
Smith
Morin
Rundlbad

Come on guys, what happened? I thought everyone was all aboard the "Hawks are going for a cup win this year and after that we'll have our 3rd cap purge. Trim the fat, keep the core in tact, and replace the roster holes with cheap prospects while we take a bit of a dive into mediocrity for a season or two and then become cup contenders again."

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
In my scenario the only guy from group one that's not gone is Versteeg and the guys in group two make so little that they're replacements will hardly offer any savings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad