Speculation: If we continue to be in the playoff hunt - who should Stevie Y look to add at the TDL?

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
No rentals but if we can take advantage of cap space and depth to swing something like the Vrana trade I'm down. A young player whose team can't afford to resign him or something along those lines.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Cossa is still years away from Detroit. The Wings need a 2nd NHL-caliber goalie for the time being. If not Ned, then someone else. But we already have Ned, and he's proven he can be at least adequate, so I'd like to see him get going before we cut bait and lean further into Husso. Husso may be able to handle 60 games, but most goalies can't/don't do that, so I'd prefer they have a good contingency plan plan. If Yzerman doesn't want to re-sign Ned in the offseason, that's fine, but we better be targeting a good 1B/backup.

Hopefully claiming Hellberg works in Ned's favor and he can turn his season around.
Cossa can have all the time in the world, no need to rush him. We have Husso as a starter for years to come. Since Hellberg is already here we might as well try him as back up goalie, we could get him extremely cheap for couple years if everything goes right. If he doesn't deliver, we sign someone else at the next frenzy. If Ned wants to stay as a back up, there's no problem but i feel he wants to go some where he can be a starter or fight for a starter spot.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
disaster I think that is reasonable. I wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit exceed that and hit the 104 mark that JFresh's WAR roster simular had us at max with a healthy Fabbri and Vrana.

Also, if Detroit hits 100+ points this year Yzerman deserves GM of the year and Fester deserves the Jack Adams trophy. It will forever be known as the Fester Adams trophy.
I'm all for Yzerman GM trophy but Jack Adams is a lock for Lindy Ruff.

Devils had less summer moves and are heading to 110p team from 63p team at last season. They were worse than us and are better now.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
He will but not in Detroit, Husso is clear number 1 goalie and he's giving the team chance to win every night. Coaches and players seems to trust Husso more than Ned. I think Yzerman will get a good price on Ned.

He will get basically nothing for Ned. A mid to late round pick. Ned has virtually zero value at this point.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Edvinsson is gonna be a heck of a acquisition at some point this season. I don't really see a weakness once he comes in and solidifies the 3rd pair. A 2nd line center is one spot I could see a trade, not sure if Horvat is the player I would target.

The 3rd pair has been pretty solid since Walman's return.

And yeah, you wouldn't want the guy who has the 2nd most goals in the league thus far.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He will get basically nothing for Ned. A mid to late round pick. Ned has virtually zero value at this point.
Yup, nobody wanted Bernier, and he was playing better than Ned is now.

The only way Ned gets traded is if a team loses a goalie to injury for the season. Pretty much the only reason why goalies get traded midseason.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I'm all for Yzerman GM trophy but Jack Adams is a lock for Lindy Ruff.

Devils had less summer moves and are heading to 110p team from 63p team at last season. They were worse than us and are better now.

The Devils will cool off eventually. And if Ruff wins it the trophy can't be renamed to the Fester Adams trophy. :(

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
The 3rd pair has been pretty solid since Walman's return.

And yeah, you wouldn't want the guy who has the 2nd most goals in the league thus far.
3rd pair will be even better when Edvinsson is back. And yeah, I wouldn't want to give up what it would take to acquire the 2nd leading goal scorer, especially when that player is a UFA

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If Michigan born Alex DeBrincat were to become available, were interested in signing an extension, and the Wings were still in the playoff hunt around the deadline, do you think Yzerman would be interested in acquiring him?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If Michigan born Alex DeBrincat were to become available, were interested in signing an extension, and the Wings were still in the playoff hunt around the deadline, do you think Yzerman would be interested in acquiring him?
Would depend on what the extension looks like.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Ned just can't stop f***ing up.
And I don't think December is going to be any easier on him.
The question for me is, will Husso still be the cat's meow at the end of this month.

No.
5'7 winger who hits career highs with peak Patrick Kane and scores 6 goals in his first 22 games in Ottawa?
Strong pass.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Would depend on what the extension looks like.

I would have to imagine at least 8x8 based on other comparables.

No.
5'7 winger who hits career highs with peak Patrick Kane and scores 6 goals in his first 22 games in Ottawa?
Strong pass.

To be fair his shooting percentage is 7.6% right now, which is less than half of his career shooting percentage of 15.5%.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Holtz, Berggren and Raymond were electric together in the World Juniors, this would be fun. How is Bertuzzi going to be viewed now that he's been injured twice this year?
They were fluke injuries, it’s not like he’s Fabbri who’s torn ligaments in his knees multiple times.

Reactions: Mister Ed

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

Don't wanna make a knew thread for every rumor and this seemed like a good spot for TDL rumors, etc.

Doesn't mention a cost but what would people think about a move like this? How much you willing to pay? Do we even want a guy like Provorov really?

The Detroit Red Wings appear to be a team that will be selling a lot of their pending UFAs at the deadline. However, even though this is the case, we should not be surprised to see them aim to add players with term at the deadline as well. With Ivan Provorov available for the taking, there could be a great match here.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011

Don't wanna make a knew thread for every rumor and this seemed like a good spot for TDL rumors, etc.

Doesn't mention a cost but what would people think about a move like this? How much you willing to pay? Do we even want a guy like Provorov really?
Cap hit is hovering near $7 Million. you think he's worth that?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Trade:

Chiarot (might have to wait until the draft or next season)
Bertuzzi
Zadina
Erne
Suter

It’s too bad Ned and Vrana were waived. They would have had some value.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

I am not sure on Provorov. I still not sure what he is supposed to be. He doesn't put up a lot of pts despite PP time, he doesn't really play physical, so I am not sure his near 7 mil cap hit is worth it. He also only has 2 years left I think which means he will want a raise as well on a new deal. He can log 22-25 minutes a night, so that is good, but can he do well on a good team, not just log ice time on bad teams.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

NHL Trade Rumors isn't a legit source, They were the ones in the past mentioning Mantha for Ryan Nugent Hopkins.

They make up a bunch of crap like Eklund. More or less a clickbait site.. Probably run by a 15 year old living in his parents basement.

• Haha
Reactions: 14ari13 and Snuggs

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
NHL Trade Rumors isn't a legit source, They were the ones in the past mentioning Mantha for Ryan Nugent Hopkins.

They make up a bunch of crap like Eklund. More or less a clickbait site.. Probably run by a 15 year old living in his parents basement.

Well what is he suppose to do? Go rent his own apartment, crying out loud. lol

No I get it, just more a convo piece. Hardly any rumor from anywhere works out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad