If we become sellers, who will go?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'd go more retool than rebuild, get lottery pick this season but try to win next season again.

Shutting down Price is key since this team is pretty much naturally tanking without him. For trades:

None of the impending UFAs are really worth keeping long term:
Weise
Fleischmann
Gilbert
Byron
Scrivens (with more cap retained)

These Signed/RFA Players don't really fit and hopefully can be peddled off on someone in either pick/prospect+expiring contract cap dump type deal or just straight up struggling player for player deal:
Eller
Desharnais
Flynn
DSP

In other words, get rid of the entire 3rd line and 2/3rds of the 2nd and 4th lines. You think the team could rebound after being gutted like that?

Individually and collectively, a lot of these guys have played very well at the beginning of the year.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Isn't anybody worried that even if Therrien gets fired MB will just put another inept coach like Lefebvre in his place.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Isn't anybody worried that even if Therrien gets fired MB will just put another inept coach like Lefebvre in his place.

I think Lefebvre is a possible interim solution for MB.

Him or Daigneault actually.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Not saying to do all of them but:
Markov for a late 1st/2nd + B prospect.
Plekanec for a late 1st+B prospect
DSP for a 4th
Gilbert for a 5th
Flash for a 4th
Eller for a 3rd+C prospect
DD for a 3rd+C prospect

I agree with most, but for Eller, the prospect would have to be good. Otherwise, I'd want a 2nd for him. Also, I'd keep DSP rather than a 4th. Gilbert should also fetch higher for a team in desperate need of defensive depth.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Out of this list, I try to resign Weise and I'd keep Eller for sure.

Weise, it depends at what price he'd come, but he's a great bottom six forward.

Eller is a great 3rd line center that can chip in 15 goals a year. I don't think we have anyone to replace him in that role, and I don't think trading him would be worthwhile for us.

Guys like DSP, Flynn and Byron are good depth to have around.

I agree, but I would move Flynn if the return is good. But, if all we get is 4ths and 5ths, we'd be creating a problem for ourselves next season for a low chance to get a player.

As I said, id be looking for 1st and 2nds, maybe high 3rds. Then I would pray that Timmins and his staff work some magic drafting, and that Bergie parlays some of those picks in to higher picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad